Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-09-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Umm... how?
Probably through one of the websites that sells gold. You can often find buyers and sellers for accounts through those sites. You have to be extremely discrete when you sell your account, though.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:44 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
And one of my friends is (was) a high level raider in WoW (Top 50 guild). He says it has a much better - or at least different feel to it than WoW. It's not a WoW clone, it's just a post-WoW MMO.
I was in a top 50 raiding guild for the 5 years I played WoW. I have to say that I do miss the comradery of raiding with people you enjoy playing with. Its probably the only thing I really miss though.

Rift has sparked my interest. But if I was going to dive back into an MMO, I would probably just check out Cataclysm. I think I'm just going to save myself for Diablo 3.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition

Last edited by General Zod : 03-09-2011 at 09:09 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Probably through one of the websites that sells gold. You can often find buyers and sellers for accounts through those sites. You have to be extremely discrete when you sell your account, though.
You can sell accounts to a few websites. And nah, no SC2 or anything. Just WoW. You can also sell to people but they can **** you on payment so.. so easily. Paypal doesn't give any protection for virtual goods.

Also, Blizzard never bans IPs or people from playing WoW. They only ban accounts. Meaning even if you sell an account, it gets banned, you can always buy a new one.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
You can sell accounts to a few websites. And nah, no SC2 or anything. Just WoW. You can also sell to people but they can **** you on payment so.. so easily. Paypal doesn't give any protection for virtual goods.

Also, Blizzard never bans IPs or people from playing WoW. They only ban accounts. Meaning even if you sell an account, it gets banned, you can always buy a new one.
Not that I don't believe you, but the only way you got that much for your account is if you had a 50,000+ gold, a full 359 ilvl or full vicious pvp set, some rare mounts and achievements and/or a lot of 80+ alt toons.

The WoW account selling business is pretty much dead at this point. Everyone was dumping accounts in the last half of 3.3.3, ICC got boring when no new content other than RS was released for pretty much a full year. You won't get more than the value of the expansions anymore unless you actually have some stuff on your account that is difficult to come by.

So just a heads up to anyone who thinks they can easily make a $220 profit on a WoW account, unless you pay a hell of a lot more to get carried through the hardest raids or to a 2500 arena rating (which is too high to even get carried to), get rare mounts, highest tier of gear and generally spend hundreds of hours on the account you will barely get more than what you paid for the game itself.

The only other way you might make a solid profit is if you have an account that you haven't touched in a couple years since Blizzard required you to merge your account with battle.net with BC + WotLK on it, at least like, a level 80 toon or a few high-ish level ones, anything rare on the account will only help increase the value. If you have an account like that I'd suggest trying to sell it because that way people can actually make their own battle.net account for it (so the account information associated with it is actually their own instead of yours, there is no way to change the account owner name on a battle.net account unless you can prove you legally had your name changed or you get married).
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finished Mass Effect 2 today. I was pleased with my $20 purchase.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bioware just makes good games.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't even play the Mass Effect or Dragon Age demos because I always get some error message when I try to play the Steam demos. I don't know why because my system is fine and runs other games great.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but the only way you got that much for your account is if you had a 50,000+ gold, a full 359 ilvl or full vicious pvp set, some rare mounts and achievements and/or a lot of 80+ alt toons.

The WoW account selling business is pretty much dead at this point. Everyone was dumping accounts in the last half of 3.3.3, ICC got boring when no new content other than RS was released for pretty much a full year. You won't get more than the value of the expansions anymore unless you actually have some stuff on your account that is difficult to come by.

So just a heads up to anyone who thinks they can easily make a $220 profit on a WoW account, unless you pay a hell of a lot more to get carried through the hardest raids or to a 2500 arena rating (which is too high to even get carried to), get rare mounts, highest tier of gear and generally spend hundreds of hours on the account you will barely get more than what you paid for the game itself.

The only other way you might make a solid profit is if you have an account that you haven't touched in a couple years since Blizzard required you to merge your account with battle.net with BC + WotLK on it, at least like, a level 80 toon or a few high-ish level ones, anything rare on the account will only help increase the value. If you have an account like that I'd suggest trying to sell it because that way people can actually make their own battle.net account for it (so the account information associated with it is actually their own instead of yours, there is no way to change the account owner name on a battle.net account unless you can prove you legally had your name changed or you get married).
Any account with one or two max-level characters will go for a decent amount. If you have the characters geared to a certain level, you'll get some really nice offers. My friend had some huge offers for his account, but he put SC2 on it and didn't want to deal with the hassle and lose his chievos. Some guy offered him $5,000 for it (of course, he had one of the most geared characters in the world with all of the realm first achievements and epic mounts)... I still think he's silly. He could have rolled another character on a new account and been back to where he was within a month or so...
Old 03-11-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else have an old game or two that you go back to on a regular basis? I've been playing TFC and Starcraft off and on since they released. I don't even like TF2 and Starcraft 2 doesn't compel me to want to drop 60 bucks. Whenever I can't find anything new that interests me I return to them.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:40 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Does anyone else have an old game or two that you go back to on a regular basis? I've been playing TFC and Starcraft off and on since they released. I don't even like TF2 and Starcraft 2 doesn't compel me to want to drop 60 bucks. Whenever I can't find anything new that interests me I return to them.
Half Life 2 never gets old.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn it Diablo III come out already.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
It'll never happen :(
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:06 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I can wait until I'm done with DA2.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Heroes of Might and Magic III is the only computer game I've played consistently my entire life. Hell, not just computer, game in general. That and FFVII.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone playing Rift? If so thoughts?
Old 03-11-2011, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Heroes of Might and Magic III is the only computer game I've played consistently my entire life. Hell, not just computer, game in general. That and FFVII.
Loved Heroes 3. That might be my third most played game ever.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't care if he had every server first title and every rare mount in the game.. no account is going for $5000. None.

Old 03-11-2011, 04:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I don't care if he had every server first title and every rare mount in the game.. no account is going for $5000. None.
It was definitely going for that, but he just didn't sell. Someone approached him with that offer.
Old 03-11-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I find that extremely hard to believe, haha.

Old 03-11-2011, 05:21 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I find that extremely hard to believe, haha.
It's not like it was just any account, though. If SF486 can get what he got for his account, which I assume is fairly standard... Think about the exponential factors of someone who has all of the realm firsts, a ton of gold, the best possible gear, in the Top 5-20 in all of the fights on the meters, and is in a Top 25 US guild... The character is decked the **** out and he had two other characters that were close, gear-wise, to getting into the higher level content.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Gold is at an all time low. Gear is not hard to get. The meters do not matter because the person purchasing the account has to play the character themselves. The guild doesn't matter because anyone who sells is being removed anyway.

The only thing here that is worth anything are the titles and mounts, and they're not worth 5k. Not even close.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry, I would answer this, but I'm too busy playing Diablo 2.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:40 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The oldest games I go back to are International Cricket Captain 2002 and Diablo 2. Though this has inspired me to find out if there are still any Myth 2 servers around, still the single greatest and under appreciated strategy game ever.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know you love it. This game was the **** when I was 12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I was a youngster, I was playing..

On my awesome stainless steel Texas Instrument computer.

Take that whippersnappers!

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote