Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-07-2011, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The rule is no electronic devices allowed on campus (MP3 player, DS, etc) If I see one of those, I can take it. If the kid is a jerk about the situation, I always take it and turn it in.

Long story made-short, they can have a cell-phone on them, but not have it out using it, or in a mode to receive messages. If it goes off in class, I tell them to take it out and turn it off; they can check it later. If I catch them using it, I take it from them and tell them their attitude determines how quickly they get it back. I have the right to turn it in to the office. They usually act so perfect that I give it back.
Serious question. Has a student ever offered you services for a better grade? Or just because they were a ****?

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll tell you about it sometime.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:07 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It grinds my gears when I'm on my phone and I click a thread, but it hits "unsubscribe" instead because of my large thumbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
It grinds my gears when I'm on my phone and I click a thread, but it hits "unsubscribe" instead because of my large thumbs.
OH NO! It totally sucks being able to go on SWDC wherever you go...

Old 03-07-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
OH NO! It totally sucks being able to go on SWDC wherever you go...

Yeah, the best part is the $91 phone bill for my $50 plan because the ******* phone company decided not to text me that I was approaching, and then surpassing by almost $40, my data plan limit.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, the best part is the $91 phone bill for my $50 plan because the ******* phone company decided not to text me that I was approaching, and then surpassing by almost $40, my data plan limit.
Can't you use #DATA?
Old 03-07-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Can't you use #DATA?
I've never heard of that before. Maybe it's only in the states you can use that. BUT I did sign up for text alerts when I hit 75% and 100% of my monthly data allotment. They sent me one in October. Nothing the last two months, which saw me go over by $20 and $40 respectively. Except near the end of the $40 month where they kindly told me I had gone $10 over :).

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-11-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Smashing a 40 at the gas station while trying to buy beer. I grabbed one and the one behind ******* shot out of there. The bottle fell in slow motion but I couldn't do anything because I had beer in both hands. I just stood there froze and the lady came over and looked at me like I was a giant dumbass. I told her I could help her clean it up but she was like "lets ring you up and get you out of here,". FML

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The NFL.....
Old 03-12-2011, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The NFL.....
What NFL? haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly......
Old 03-12-2011, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MLB. Why are pitchers still hitting in NL?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
The MLB. Why are pitchers still hitting in NL?
More like, why is there a DH?
Old 03-12-2011, 12:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
More like, why is there a DH?
No one wants to see pitchers bunting or hacking at pitches like idiots. The more chance for long balls the better.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
No one wants to see pitchers bunting or hacking at pitches like idiots.
**** that, maybe your players should be more well-rounded

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DH's are for pussies. Real teams waste a hitting spot in the line-up and have to strategize about how to make it not suck as much.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying to look up anything about Madden pisses me off. So many idiots who shouldn't have an opinion on anything spouting off poorly written nonsense and it messes up my searching. I hate having to wade through waist-high bull **** just to find an answer.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:12 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am in total agreement with people on the DH. I am not sure which one I'd rather have, but it defntly needs to go away in the AL or it needs to go away in the NL. I think I'd rather see the NL get a DH. I mean lets say a home team is tied up 0-0 in the bottom of the 7th. Two outs and the pitchers spot is up. U are gonna send up a pitcher, which most can't hit or some dude cold off the bench and taking out the pitcher during the shut out just try to get something offensively. I would rather see it in both leagues or in neither. Leaning toward both. But it needs to change!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I successfully didn't buy Madden this year. First time since 2004. In 2010 I almost made it. Well not quite almost, I made it till October. Every other year I've gotten it on release day. Feels good, man.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-12-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I successfully didn't buy Madden this year. First time since 2004. In 2010 I almost made it. Well not quite almost, I made it till October. Every other year I've gotten it on release day. Feels good, man.
I didn't intend to buy it but my wife got it for me for Christmas.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I didn't intend to buy it but my wife got it for me for Christmas.
Sounds like a good reason to stay single.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-13-2011, 12:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things like this: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...%3fyear%3d2011

6 players in the top 10?

You can mark this down right now if you want, but I guarantee....I absolutely GUARANTEE, that there will be 10 players selected in the top 10 picks.

Try and get cute, try and get creative...whatever....but things like that just annoy me. Maybe that's how those guys stack up compared to other years, but there will be more than 6 players selected in the top 10. Therefore, you should have your top 10 players rated, as top 10 players.

Comparing one draft class to another is pointless. There will be 10 players from any given class selected in the top 10 no matter how strong or weak that class may look compared to other years.

And when people think they're smart and say like "Oh, I only have these 6 guys rated as top 10 quality players," I call bull ****.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:03 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
I think I'd rather see the NL get a DH. I mean lets say a home team is tied up 0-0 in the bottom of the 7th. Two outs and the pitchers spot is up. U are gonna send up a pitcher, which most can't hit or some dude cold off the bench and taking out the pitcher during the shut out just try to get something offensively. I would rather see it in both leagues or in neither. Leaning toward both. But it needs to change!
I find it nice to actually to actually have some strategy involved in the game.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Things like this: http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...%3fyear%3d2011

6 players in the top 10?

You can mark this down right now if you want, but I guarantee....I absolutely GUARANTEE, that there will be 10 players selected in the top 10 picks.

Try and get cute, try and get creative...whatever....but things like that just annoy me. Maybe that's how those guys stack up compared to other years, but there will be more than 6 players selected in the top 10. Therefore, you should have your top 10 players rated, as top 10 players.

Comparing one draft class to another is pointless. There will be 10 players from any given class selected in the top 10 no matter how strong or weak that class may look compared to other years.

And when people think they're smart and say like "Oh, I only have these 6 guys rated as top 10 quality players," I call bull ****.
That is a legit statement. Based on the average caliber of top 10 prospects their can easily be a year where their aren't ten prospects who hit that level
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

misuse of their, there, and they're grinds my gears. ^

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote