Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-12-2011, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Not that I don't believe you, but the only way you got that much for your account is if you had a 50,000+ gold, a full 359 ilvl or full vicious pvp set, some rare mounts and achievements and/or a lot of 80+ alt toons.
I had 3 85s, one at 350+ ilvl with some cool mounts, another at 340+ with 525 engineering. I just kept putting in bid requests because their prices go up and down depending on stuff. Eventually I got a really good one.

Gold is worthless. All the companies offer like $3.00-5.00 for 5k gold. It's insane.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Finished Mass Effect 2 today. I was pleased with my $20 purchase.
Did you finish with everyone surviving?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone here played Guild Wars? And if so, what was your general impression of it, likes/dislikes.

Thanks

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Guild Wars when it first came out. Of course, I played it with my guild and we've been playing online games together for 10 years, so that probably made my experience different from the average consumer's.

We had a ****-ton of fun early on. Staying up until 4AM trying to stay on top...

You have to have a good group of people to be competitive in the game, but the PvE is fun, and the PvP was loads of fun while we were playing it. I look forward to GW2...
Old 03-14-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I loved Guild Wars when it first came out. Of course, I played it with my guild and we've been playing online games together for 10 years, so that probably made my experience different from the average consumer's.

We had a ****-ton of fun early on. Staying up until 4AM trying to stay on top...

You have to have a good group of people to be competitive in the game, but the PvE is fun, and the PvP was loads of fun while we were playing it. I look forward to GW2...
Ok thanks, a friend wanted me to recommend an MMO that didnt have a monthly fee.

Old 03-18-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Are you all still playing Rift?

Old 03-18-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never started. I finally got my new machine so I might check it out but it's a big might.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Did you finish with everyone surviving?
No, I am doing a second play through, though. I wasn't aware that was possible. I might have to see how to do that.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alrighty guys...normally I'm a video game aficionado. But that kind of stop at console gaming. haha. Can any of you guys help me compile a list of really good pc only games for me to check out? What's good out there?

edit...oh, xbox 360 controller compatibility is a major plus, but if not, that's fine.

I know of a few I'd like to try...

the Witcher
Amnesia: The Dark Descent

I like action/adventure, RPGs, story driven games, whatever.

Not a fan of turn based games, MMOs, or real time strategy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amnesia is quite the nerve-racking experience...

Obvious classics:
Diablo II
Baldur's Gate I/II

Syberia
Spore
Freedom Force
Wizardry
Gothic/Arcania
Torchlight

Kind of tough if you're not into strategy games because FPS and RTS is where the PC really shines. Also, there are tons of non-exclusives that are just better on the PC.

I've been mostly doing coop games lately with a friend. We had a blast playing Magicka and Portal 2 and are going through Left 4 Dead now while we wait for more coop games to come out.

Really looking forward to Dead Island.
Old 05-07-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Almost forgot Mount & Blade. How did I leave that off?
Old 05-07-2011, 06:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha. Thanks man. I'll check some gameplay videos out.

Now that I have a quality PC, a whole new door of gaming is open.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:54 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Almost forgot Mount & Blade. How did I leave that off?
Mount and Blade and its sequel Mount and Blade: Warband have more replay value than any game I have ever played. The amount of user created mods is astounding. Warband has online features that are really nice but you can't go wrong with either on.

Basically you take the position as a person of low standing in a fictional kingdom. You travel around recruiting troops and doing odd jobs in order to increase your standing. As you go up in lvl and gain more soldiers you can become friendly with various lords (there are 100's) and various Kings. You can become a lord yourself if you want and manage a castles, cities and villages. You can also chose to become a champion of "rightful" heirs in the the lands and fight for their rights to become king. You can also choose that you want to be King and make your own kingdom.

There is a fairly good trade system and lots of equipment you can purchase....ride around on a horse and lance people...use a bow, crossbow, throwing knives...etc. etc.

There are LOTR mods...Western mods with six shooters and rifles, as well as star wars mods, various eras of time mods including 100 years wars, great Northern War, civil war, american revolution, etc. etc. etc.

It is a nice game overall and I can't believe that someone mentioned it!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:41 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
edit: i just realized how many of those games are 8+ years old.
Mate most of those games are 15 years old...

I agree, I have not really been taken by any new games of late, haven't even got into Starcraft 2, admittedly I haven't had the time to give it a go, but still...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:09 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
seriously? **** both of you. it was nice out this weekend. i should've been outside. but no. you had to go and mention some random game i'd never heard of. their trial version had to be free and easy to download. so much for a nice sunny weekend in the park. i hope you're happy with yourselves.
hahaha yea welcome to the Mount and blade world. You now have endless possibilities of time wasting on your hands. I have had this series for 5+ years it seems and I still play it. I always find a way to come back to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Mate most of those games are 15 years old...

I agree, I have not really been taken by any new games of late, haven't even got into Starcraft 2, admittedly I haven't had the time to give it a go, but still...
Have you played any of the Total War series? Next to Mount and Blade they have had some of the greatest replay value of any game I have ever had. Generally they make good improvements every game. Shogun Total War, Medieval Total War, Rome Total War, Medieval Total War 2, Empire Total War, Shogun Total War 2. Each has some expansions and each are unique and fun to play. Rome is the first of the newer style that has movement allowance as opposed to the more Board Game style of the previous two. Basically the synopsis is you control a Country, Kingdom, Dukedom etc. You enact tax, trade policies, upgrade buildings and build troops. You can make alliances with other countries and can fight wars for territory. When you fight you can choose to fight the battle yourself and it goes into an RTS battle. However, the battle is not fast paced like most RTS fights. In Medi 2 you have a huge religious factor and must convert territory to your religion as well as get your priests selected into the school of Cardinals and maybe become pope...where you will control the Catholic Church and you will be able to use that to your advantage.

If you guys are into more RPG style games here is a list that isnt to shabby.

Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2
The Witcher
Dragon Age 1 & 2
Mass Effect 1 & 2
Dungeon Siege 2
Fable

And here is a list of some all Time favs

Mount and Blade
Mount and Blade Warband
Rome Total War
Medieval Total War 1 & 2
Empire Total War
Sid Meiers Railroads
Sid Meiers Pirates!
Sid Meiers Sim Golf
Sid Meiers Civ 4
Blood Bowl Legends
Dragon Age
Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3
Battlefield 1942
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Unreal Tournament 2004
Command and Conquer: Red Alert 1 & 2
Neverwinter Nights
Kotor 1 & 2

Thats all I can think of right now but I really suggest plays the Sid Meiers games especially Pirates and Golf.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
seriously? **** both of you. it was nice out this weekend. i should've been outside. but no. you had to go and mention some random game i'd never heard of. their trial version had to be free and easy to download. so much for a nice sunny weekend in the park. i hope you're happy with yourselves.
That game is almost as bad for time wasting as the Civ series. You'll never get those hours back.

I'm dangerously close to dropping in to Settlers 7 or Civ V. I know I shouldn't.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Ugh, Im getting close to buying Cataclysm. So i kinda know what you mean.

I quit playing wow before it came out. Basically after I seen all the WOTLK content. Ive been playing around with free trials of just about every popular MMO out there now(except for Rift.). Here recently I got a couple 10 day trials for wow, because all of the starting areas have been revamped due to the Cataclysm, zones, quest lines etc.

Im really liking what im seeing so far. Just in the starting areas the quest lines have improved. More interesting, more fun. You actually get into the story line and its interesting.

And compared to everything that I tried so far, nothing really touches wow. Except for maybe graphics(Aion pretty sweet). The UI in wow is the best. It makes sense, its clean and practical. Where a lot of other MMOs I tried it just sucked. Clumsy design, buggy or hard to grasp.

I dont know, Im trying really hard not to buy it. lol

Old 05-10-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ave you played any of the Total War series? Next to Mount and Blade they have had some of the greatest replay value of any game I have ever had.
Yeah they are good, though I really didn't like Empire very much at all... unfortunately I need a new PC for Shogun 2.

The only game I've really bothered with the latest version of in recent times was Football Manager and even then I have basically not played the latest version compared to every previous edition.

I'm not sure what it is, I haven't liked a new Civ in forever, I still play CivNet as I think it was the pinnacle in that series. Didn't know there was a new Settlers, might have to give that a go as was a huge fan of that series for the most part!

My all time favourites list is a lot short and easier than yours :)

Starcraft/Brood War
Diablo 1
Diablo 2
Warcraft 1, 2 and 3.
Myth 2
Championship Manager/Football Manager series.
Eastside Hockey Manager Series
Front Office Football
CivNet
Transport Tycoon.
Rome Total War

That list would account for a good 80% of my gaming I dare say!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

I was obsessed with FOF and FOF2. When FOF came out, I'd been following the draft pretty hardcore for a few years (as in not moving from the TV on Saturdays and Sundays during the football season and watching every second of ESPN's coverage of the draft). I'd been keenly interested in the draft since 1992 and 1993. FOF was a dream to me. I was hardcore into that game immediately.

I picked up Football Manager recently but am having trouble getting into it. It's a ton to take in right away. Especially since, being American, I'm not familiar with 95% of the players or the rules. That's actually part of why I picked it up. Video games are the best way to learn about sports you don't know about, imo.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
edit: i just realized how many of those games are 8+ years old.
The budget for PC games hasn't gone up in 10 years. The Console budget has exploded, so most talented developers would rather develop console games.
Old 05-10-2011, 02:32 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That game is almost as bad for time wasting as the Civ series. You'll never get those hours back.

I'm dangerously close to dropping in to Settlers 7 or Civ V. I know I shouldn't.
Oh god. Civ can take days of playing the same map (especially large maps on higher difficulties) and you are still chasing each other around with horses and pointy sticks.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:10 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just found out I can play "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" online.
It'll be the first pc game I ever play and it will be great

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:28 AM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
and, another 4 hours pissed away on mount and blade. i think 3.75 hours of it was spent trying to track some douchebag down so i could give him the stupid tax money i collected for him. then some jackass bandits knocked me out in one shot in some worthless village. i hate this game.
and yet you must play MOAR!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Just found out I can play "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" online.
It'll be the first pc game I ever play and it will be great
plz share!!!
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:16 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright my nerdy brethren I need some advice.

I currently have an Asus Desktop that I have upgraded to 8gb of RAM, 800W Power Supply and a decent graphics card. The only issue I have with said computer is that its running an Intel Pentium Dual Core (2.7ghz)

I can upgrade the processor to a Intel Quad (3.0ghz) for about $330.

or

I can buy this guy http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus+-+E...&skuId=2276971

and replace the graphics card and the power supply with the ones I currently have but its just quite a bit more expensive at almost 3x of just the CPU.

Thoughts? All opinions would be greatly appreciated