Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-31-2006, 04:49 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ivory Coast

I think we all have heard about Ivory Coast, the team that stopped a war by qualifiying for the world cup. I was reading up on them and i think they have a chance to get to the semi finals, and surprise some teams...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...le.ivorycoast/
Old 05-31-2006, 04:53 PM    (permalink
jetvilma51
Pro Bowler

jetvilma51 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

they could but they wont
Old 05-31-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetvilma51
They won't
Fixed.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

They have a great D but just can't match up with the skill level of some of the powers in soccer. That being said there tends to be a cinderella African team every world cup and i would love to see it be Ivory Coats but with the higher expectations i could see them faltering

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:03 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

tom smells like sex panther.tom smells like sex panther.

They have a few very good players in Drogba, Y. Toure, K. Toure, Zokora and Eboue, and if they were in any other group, would probably be fighting for a top spot...

As it stands, Argentina are favourites and will probably take the group, they're stacked with talent. And Netherland's is a very close second... After that it seems like Ivory Coast and Serbia will be left to battle it out, with one of them maybe slipping in, but all the odds are against them...

I doubt they even make it through the group
Old 05-31-2006, 05:06 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
They have a few very good players in Drogba, Y. Toure, K. Toure, Zokora and Eboue, and if they were in any other group, would probably be fighting for a top spot...

As it stands, Argentina are favourites and will probably take the group, they're stacked with talent. And Netherland's is a very close second... After that it seems like Ivory Coast and Serbia will be left to battle it out, with one of them maybe slipping in, but all the odds are against them...

I doubt they even make it through the group
i actually would even like Serbia in some of the other groups but this one is just too stacked as you said

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

That would be a great story but its not happening...even though Ill be pulling for them.
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:10 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal
That would be a great story but its not happening...even though Ill be pulling for them.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:21 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It seems that every WC there is an African team that surprises everyone by going deep. This year it may be Ivory Coast. Probably not though, they are in the same division as Argentina and Netherlands, 2 top-10 teams in the World.

With that said Africa is probably the 3rd strongest soccer continent in the world (behind only Europe and South America) and perhaps they should be allowed to send more teams to the WC.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:39 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
It seems that every WC there is an African team that surprises everyone by going deep. This year it may be Ivory Coast. Probably not though, they are in the same division as Argentina and Netherlands, 2 top-10 teams in the World.

With that said Africa is probably the 3rd strongest soccer continent in the world (behind only Europe and South America) and perhaps they should be allowed to send more teams to the WC.
Africa is mos'def the third strongest continent, but you have to consider the fact that they send about as many countries as south america, maybe one less... Personally, I like the way they do it in Africa, because it's always exiting, and you always have the hotest teams going in...
I think it might be a great idea to cut down the number of North American berths, and send that one berth to Africa, since there never really seems to be any competition in NA...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink

If Senegal can beat France, then anything is possible
Old 05-31-2006, 05:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV

Africa is mos'def the third strongest continent, but you have to consider the fact that they send about as many countries as south america, maybe one less... Personally, I like the way they do it in Africa, because it's always exiting, and you always have the hotest teams going in...
I think it might be a great idea to cut down the number of North American berths, and send that one berth to Africa, since there never really seems to be any competition in NA...
I was thinking the same thing. There are only 2 good soccer nations in NA, Mexico and USA. The winner of qualifying division should have the automatic birth with the second place team having a playoff with either an Asian team or top Oceanian team.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:56 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor21
If Senegal can beat France, then anything is possible
exactly....ivory coast is the new senegal.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Offensively they'll be fun to watch but there defense is none existent, starting with the midfield.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
tom
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Offensively they'll be fun to watch but there defense is none existent, starting with the midfield.
I disagree, they have K.Toure on defense and Eboue... both really good players, and their mid-field features Zokora and Yaya Toure
Old 05-31-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
I disagree, they have K.Toure on defense and Eboue... both really good players, and their mid-field features Zokora and Yaya Toure
]
Miete is also a versatile defender but I watched some of there qualifications and the defense really seemed shaky on the few halves I caught. From a talent stand point they could threaten to advance from the groups but if the defense plays like I saw them play they would have to score 3-4 goals a game to do so.