Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Exclamation Drew Rosenhaus

Man this has to be crazy!!!
He just said that Drew Stanton is a late 1st round pick
hahahahahahah
I mean I know that he is Stanton's agent but I mean come on a late 1st round?

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Man this has to be crazy!!!
He just said that Drew Stanton is a late 1st round pick
hahahahahahah
I mean I know that he is Stanton's agent but I mean come on a late 1st round?
he also said greg olsen was a top ten pick, he is crazy. Todd McShay gave him the business, it was great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
he also said greg olsen was a top ten pick, he is crazy. Todd McShay gave him the business, it was great.
he Olsen agent???????
Old 03-27-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he most likely will go late 1st early 2nd. a lot of teams are very high on him.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
he Olsen agent???????
apparently, because afterwards Mcshay said "Your just earning your money, Drew"

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Stanton going in the late 1st is not crazy at all.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
are you talking about stanton? he has no chance of being picked in the first because he is so unpredictable. He is a good value in the late second but probably will not be picked higher than the mid second
Old 03-27-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsfan81 View Post
no, he wont. hes a third rounder at best. hes injury prone and also makes too many eratic throws and is inconsistent. None of them bode well for his draft status.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanton in the late first is as crazy as I dunno... Jason Campbell, JP Losman, or Rex Grossman going in the late first.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He also appears to be the third QB. That means he'll go late first, early second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would not be surprised at all to see Stanton go first round, but I bet he will go early second. My bet is either Oakland or Detroit based on what they do in the 1st.

Also, Olsen has less of a shot to go top 10 then Stanton has going late first. The earliest I see Olsen going is 14 overall, but I don't see the Panthers drafting him.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could definitely see a team in need of a quarterback trading up for a 2nd first round pick (in the late 20's) to grab him. Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, and Minnesota all have picks in the very early second round, and one of them might want to be sure they get him.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
He also appears to be the third QB. That means he'll go late first, early second.
no, the talent drop off from Quinn-Russell is huge. Like i stated before, he is injury prone, he is wayyyyyy to inconsitent, and Has troube reading defenses, which leads to erratic throws. he should go late sercond early third at the earliest.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Stanton in the late first is as crazy as I dunno... Jason Campbell, JP Losman, or Rex Grossman going in the late first.
Grossman was a projected first rounder. Everyone and their mom thought the Packers would take him.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stanton played with one draftable player this year, in Matt Trannon. Thats about all he had. To me he is a late 1st rounder and I see him going to DET with their 2nd rounder. Hes a local fave since he played with Michigan St.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, Drew said that he might be going 2 the Lions because he is a local product
So take what he says for what its worth

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Grossman was a projected first rounder. Everyone and their mom thought the Packers would take him.
My point is that it seems to me teams are willing and ready to gamble at the bottom of the first for that third/fourth QB. It's not insane if it happens with Stanton, as some posters are implying.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
My point is that it seems to me teams are willing and ready to gamble at the bottom of the first for that third/fourth QB. It's not insane if it happens with Stanton, as some posters are implying.
The only thing I dont see is a team gambling on him in the late first because no teams need a QB in the late first, except maybe JAX, but thats not really "late" Unless a team trades down

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I could definitely see a team in need of a quarterback trading up for a 2nd first round pick (in the late 20's) to grab him. Oakland, Detroit, Cleveland, Miami, and Minnesota all have picks in the very early second round, and one of them might want to be sure they get him.

No one will trade up for Drew Stanton. Why would they when all those teams second rounders are within the top 9? If he falls to a team, they might take him, but i seriously doubt that they will trade up for him, its not like he is a can't miss prospect.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, he wont. hes a third rounder at best. hes injury prone and also makes too many eratic throws and is inconsistent. None of them bode well for his draft status.
Um you're wrong. In most drafts he's a high 2nd round pick, and he could go in the first. What bodes well for his draft status are his tools as a QB. Which he has quite the aresenal and with good coaching he could be damn good.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Drew Stanton, in my opinion, is a late first round talent, but due to the lack of a consistent and talented supporting cast people never got to see what this kid can do. One team will be very happy they spent a draft pick on him and he'll play for quite a while

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you all forgotten how he was a fixture in Scott's first round for a while? I think Chicago should draft him in the 1st, but they probably won't.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Um you're wrong. In most drafts he's a high 2nd round pick, and he could go in the first. What bodes well for his draft status are his tools as a QB. Which he has quite the aresenal and with good coaching he could be damn good.
he has good arm strength, but not good accuracy and desicion making. He panics and makes terrible desicions. He also has suffered a significant injury in each of the last 3 seasons. None of these bode well for an NFL Quarterback. Now im not saying he wont be drafted in the second, but he will DEFINETLEY not get drafted in the first, the latest pick for a team in need of a quarterback is number 23 to Kansas City is way too much of a reach for him.

Quote:
who dey?
Old 03-27-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he has good arm strength, but not good accuracy and desicion making. He panics and makes terrible desicions. He also has suffered a significant injury in each of the last 3 seasons. None of these bode well for an NFL Quarterback. Now im not saying he wont be drafted in the second, but he will DEFINETLEY not get drafted in the first, the latest pick for a team in need of a quarterback is number 23 to Kansas City is way too much of a reach for him.
Drew Stanton had a crap OL all year long, much like Brady Quinn. When the guy had time he was dead on. Sure he was inconsistent this year, but he's still a very good QB prospect. And he'll be at least an early 2nd rounder, at least.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Drew Stanton had a crap OL all year long, much like Brady Quinn. When the guy had time he was dead on. Sure he was inconsistent this year, but he's still a very good QB prospect. And he'll be at least an early 2nd rounder, at least.
You hit it right on the head

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote