Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna make a mock in a mo, dont make any plans brothers, this is gonna be epic.......................NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) Ben Ijalana G Vilanova
2) Curtis Brown CB Texas
3) Greg Little WR North Carolina
4) Chris Hairston OT Clemson
5) Kendric Burney CB North Carolina
6) Alex Henery K/P Nebraska
7) Frank Kearse NT Alabama A&M

Quick little mock I did.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must also admit (ashamedly) that I too thought that Urbik was gonna pan out and be a nice steal for us......oops
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought Wisconsin linemen were suppose to be beast. I'm hoping there is a way we can land Gabe
Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1: Mike Pouncey - OG - Florida - 6'5" - 304

2: Rahim Moore - DB - UCLA - 6'0" - 202

3: Lance Kendricks - TE - Wisconsin - 6'3" - 245

4: Rashad Carmichael - CB - Virginia Tech - 5'11" - 192

5: Marcus Gilbert - OT - Florida - 6'6" - 330

6: DeAndre Brown - WR - Southern Miss - 6'6" - 230

7: David Carter - DE - UCLA - 6'5" - 300
Old 03-10-2011, 10:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everything about ^^^that is sweet sexual magic
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, great mock Jakey!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Cheers bro's, appreciate it! :D
Old 03-10-2011, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Also, if you dont already, check out Mendy on Twitter...never knew the dude was so funny!

Scroll down abit to, "TwitterBeefTuesdays"

http://twitter.com/#!/R_Mendenhall
Old 03-11-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SCSteeler
Veteran

SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SCSteeler hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

your mock would be dope!

computer crashed months ago...i missed you guys all through the Super Bowl!...its good to be back.

here's to the draft!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2011, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Another two guys I forgot to add when talking about the U Pro Day is Demarcus Van Dyke and Ryan Hill. I wouldn't mind DVD because he's tall and fast, but he's rail thin and got benched as a senior. No doubt I believe he could be a nice cover corner in the NFL, but I would rather not it be with us with his small frame.

Ryan Hill can be exactly like Sam Shields. In that I mean Hill played WR at first in college and then moved to corner back. Hill was plagued by injuries and immaturity through his time in Miami. I feel he will exactly be like Sam Shields and I would love to have him. We know he is going to have the ball skills due to playing WR. I think he could be a nice sleeper in the later rounds or even as an UDFA.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:54 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Kendricks is a good player, but I'm not sure we need another TE we don't throw to, especially in the 3rd. I'm really hoping we get a CB at a decent value in the first three rounds.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:04 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We would throw to Kendricks. He'd add another demension to our offense in a very solid way.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

A couple late round/UDFA guys to keep an eye out for the Steelers to try and sign:

Darrin Walls CB Notre Dame
Monte Simmons OLB Kent State

Both are very solid players and both are from Pittsburgh. I know Pittsburgh was at Kent State's Pro Day and our director of scouting said that Simmons looked the part and can play. He's a little small(6'1 235 I do believe), but he can flat out get after the passer.

Walls was a big time recruit coming out of high school, but didn't pan out like he was suppose to. He had a solid career, but nothing news worthy. I think he could become a very nice nickle corner for us as he is pretty big, fast, and real physical.
Old 03-11-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
We would throw to Kendricks. He'd add another demension to our offense in a very solid way.
I mean, I'd hope we would, but there really isn't any evidence to suggest we would adjust the offense for him. That, combined with Ben's tendency to look down field while ignoring open receivers underneath, makes me skeptical.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I mean, I'd hope we would, but there really isn't any evidence to suggest we would adjust the offense for him. That, combined with Ben's tendency to look down field while ignoring open receivers underneath, makes me skeptical.
I picked Kendricks as a realistic pick, we might not throw to him, but im not sure Spaeth will be be back and the Steelers have shown interest in Kendricks...so its possible that if hes there in the 3rd he could be the pick.
Old 03-11-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

I see us packaging a first and third to move up (say to Seattle's pick / ahead of Baltimore) and get our corner. That corner is Harris imo.

in the 2nd, we select the best available lineman on either side of the ball; I could see a guy with 'positional flexibility' like DeMarcus Love being the guy there, though I maintain we need a pure tackle.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance uppercut View Post
I see us packaging a first and third to move up (say to Seattle's pick / ahead of Baltimore) and get our corner. That corner is Harris imo.

in the 2nd, we select the best available lineman on either side of the ball; I could see a guy with 'positional flexibility' like DeMarcus Love being the guy there, though I maintain we need a pure tackle.
Pretty sure Demarcus Love will be a guard only in the NFL

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We are interested in Kenrick Ellis.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
We are interested in Kenrick Ellis.
Thought they would be from a physical stand point, I guess his character checks out?

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Thought they would be from a physical stand point, I guess his character checks out?
From what I read, he has owned up to his mistakes and is looking past them. He seems to be doing better in that department than other players with character concerns.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

We met with Greg Romeus, Henry Hynowski, Dion Lewis, and have an interest in Noel Devine.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love kendrick ellis in round 2.

love that devine came in 10 pounds heavier. i was kinda disappointed in lewis's time but id like him in the mid rounds.

romeus at 265 would definitely make him an OLB at the next level
Old 03-16-2011, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

http://twitter.com/#!/SteelersDigest...79823918202880

First batch of visitors. No surprise.
Old 03-16-2011, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Pouncey has supposedly been getting a lot of love from the Patriots. I'd hate to see him in NE, but that's not something I can control :S

In other news, Troy Polamalu played the entire playoffs with what has now been diagnosed as a "slight tear" in his Achilles tendon. That should pretty much explain his performance, or lack thereof.

Per Rotoworld:
Troy Polamalu's late-season Achilles injury was a "slight tear" in the tendon, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
It's no wonder his "trademark burst and explosiveness" was missing throughout the playoffs. Polamalu is still rehabbing the injury under the watchful eye of specialists, but he doesn't need surgery "for right now and the foreseeable future." The Steelers should count themselves lucky that the injury wasn't a full tear.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote