Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-16-2011, 06:06 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I finished my bracket 2 days ago, and everyday since I seem less confident that St John's can make it to the elite 8. I have them upsetting BYU that I am going to stick with because I dont see BYU going far unless Jimmer is playing outstanding(40 point games), and St John's is too athletic for a BYU team that has only 2 or 3 quality wins over quality opponents. So I have them against Florida in the elite 8 who I dont like at all.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no idea what to do with the South East. I have the first round down, and most of the second, but after that I'm lost. I do not like putting Pitt in the Final Four. I had St. John's for a while, but my confidence with them has disappeared, and I now have BYU beating them round 2. BYU would be the easy choice with Davies, but I don't think they can make it that far without him. So it usually comes down to Florida and Wisconsin, neither of which I feel great about either.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I finished my bracket 2 days ago, and everyday since I seem less confident that St John's can make it to the elite 8. I have them upsetting BYU that I am going to stick with because I dont see BYU going far unless Jimmer is playing outstanding(40 point games), and St John's is too athletic for a BYU team that has only 2 or 3 quality wins over quality opponents. So I have them against Florida in the elite 8 who I dont like at all.
They'd be playing Florida to get to the Elite Eight right? Also worth remembering that DJ Kennedy, pretty important player for St. Johns, is out for the year with a torn ACL.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still don't understand why play-in games are featuring automatic qualifiers. I know that most times the teams are probably worse than most at large teams, but doesn't that technically defeat the purpose of automatically qualifying?

At least with the expansion they now had teams like Clemson, UAB, VCU, and USC, but I still think if teams win their tournament they shouldn't have to play in a play-in game. Play-in games should be for at large bids fighting to get in, not teams that already qualified.

/rant.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And that St. John's was pretty damn dependent on the home court advantage throughout the year. Seriously some of their road games were never even games. I have Gonzaga beating them.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I still don't understand why play-in games are featuring automatic qualifiers. I know that most times the teams are probably worse than most at large teams, but doesn't that technically defeat the purpose of automatically qualifying?

At least with the expansion they now had teams like Clemson, UAB, VCU, and USC, but I still think if teams win their tournament they shouldn't have to play in a play-in game. Play-in games should be for at large bids fighting to get in, not teams that already qualified.

/rant.

100% agree. The reward for winning your conference tournament should be a birth in the tourney, not another game to tire you out more before getting slaughtered by a 1 seed.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blame the committee for that blunder like always. Can't wait to watch my VCU Rams play tonight. Trying to rage tonight in Richmond if we win.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:45 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UTSA looks dominant so far.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
100% agree. The reward for winning your conference tournament should be a birth in the tourney, not another game to tire you out more before getting slaughtered by a 1 seed.
Yea, I mean a great majority of the time most of these small schools are often worse than the at larges, but then give them the 14, 15, 16 seed. The at large teams should be the "last 8" or "last 4 in", and should have to play eachother for like the 13 or 12 seed, and then have to turn around and play their next game.

The auto qualifiers earned their place, an at large team didn't and should have to earn it by playing in. Sigh...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's being reported that Bruce Pearl is out as head coach of Tennessee. As an LSU fan I'll take him down in Baton Rouge in a heartbeat.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Wofford over BYU allllll day.

The Southeast Region is sooo bad. I don't like a single team in it. Not one.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:16 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really wish Syracuse or UNC were in the Southeast instead. They'd easily be my pick no matter where they were seeded.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People can hate on them all day but VCU is such a scrappy team. They make you play their ugly fast paced game. Honestly even though USC is a better team I think G'town would rather play USC. Georgetown is so efficient in the half court and have the bodies to play down low. VCU however would force them to speed things up and G'town struggles mightily when they can't control the pace of the game. They start chucking up 3's and playing lazy defense.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a display we are seeing here from two teams that have no damn business being here.
I would rather see VCU win this one.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

USC is the better team, neither one stands a chance against Georgetown with Wright back.

At least USC runs some semblance of an organized offense. VCU plays like a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off. I'm impressed with the Skeen guy though, smooth athlete for his size.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamie Skeen is a beast. I'll def miss seeing him play. Hopefully second half we can start hitting some more shots.

Duke Blue Devils

Old 03-16-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

USC has beaten Texas, Tennessee, Arizona, Washington, and lost to Kansas 70-68. They aren't absolute garbage.

Old 03-16-2011, 10:48 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Wooooooooooooooo VCU Ram Nation!!! Time to go celebrate!!

Duke Blue Devils

Old 03-16-2011, 10:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
It's being reported that Bruce Pearl is out as head coach of Tennessee. As an LSU fan I'll take him down in Baton Rouge in a heartbeat.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:50 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How the **** did USC almost beat Kansas?! lol
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 11:01 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

USC blows so bad, zero effort. Feel sorry for Malcolm Delaney, Jeff Allen, and Alec Burks, they wouldn't have gone down like that. I am happy though for VCU who got bashed like none other for making the tourny, I'm telling you CAA is an extremely good conference. I expect Mason and ODU to win as well. VCU actually poses a huge threat to G'town with that press, especially if Wright isn't 100%, since Gtown was downright awful when he was out. Gtown is going to struggle with that press. Wright might not be in shape to go the whole game. Jason Clark can't handle the press because his handle is too loose, and Freeman is too slow. Georgetown has struggled with the press all year. Plus they only have 1 legit big man Julian Vaughn and I think Skeen can hang with him. Remember a better G'town team last year with Greg Monroe lost in the first round to 14 seed Ohio.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:27 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Lol I give USC the very lightest of compliments and they come out like that in the second half. Hopefully not a sign of things to come for my bracket.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

All the ESPN experts had USC beating VCU and GTown, lol.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

Haha and that's why I love ESPN. And after Andre Dawkins got hit in the face by VT I stopped feeling any sort of sympathy towards them about their March destinations.

Duke Blue Devils

Last edited by JRTPlaya21 : 03-17-2011 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-17-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTPlaya21 View Post
Haha and that's why I love ESPN. And after Andre Dawkins got hit in the face by VT I stopped feeling any sort of sympathy towards them about their March destinations.

Actually if you look at the play I can understand why he did it. Because of where he was if he threw it off Dawkins leg it probably would have bounced back and hit him. And it did look like that's what he was thinking. Really it's a legal play and hey if it's legal why not bop someone in the face. It's not like Nolan Smith wasn't pushing and grabbing Delaney all day when they were in close quarters and the refs weren't looking.