Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
You hit it right on the head
Rep points? ;)

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can't blame Rosenhaus he is just trying to do his job

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Rep points? ;)
I hooked you up!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Look what he did with Willis

Old 03-27-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In my Feb 18th mock I had Stanton going to the Panthers and absolutely got railed for it by 99% of the posters who responded.
I've backed off my stance of him going that high...but I really believe
that a 3rd QB will go round 1 and as many as 4 QB's will go round 2.
QB's are the premium position / prospects....no team wants to be reminded of failed draft picks who didn't pan out when a Tom Brady is holding trophies in February.

Let's see ..in that 2000 Draft my Vikigns took
First round - Chris Hovan - DT / B.C.
Second Round - Fred Robbins -DT / Wake Forest
Third Round - Doug Chapman - RB / Marshall
Fourth Round - Antonio Wilson - OLB / Texas A&M-Commerce
Fifth Round - Troy Walters - WR / Stanford
We didn't have a 6th round pick, however we did manage to TRADE FOR
future starting QB - Spergon Wynn - S.W. Texas State (Look familiar Viking fans ?)

I remember arguing online with Viking fans who tried convincing me
that it was a good / great draft. Especially Chris Hovan who was the epitome of bust when was with us.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severe Punishment View Post
In my Feb 18th mock I had Stanton going to the Panthers and absolutely got railed for it by 99% of the posters who responded.
I've backed off my stance of him going that high...but I really believe
that a 3rd QB will go round 1 and as many as 4 QB's will go round 2.
QB's are the premium position / prospects....no team wants to be reminded of failed draft picks who didn't pan out when a Tom Brady is holding trophies in February.

Let's see ..in that 2000 Draft my Vikigns took
First round - Chris Hovan - DT / B.C.
Second Round - Fred Robbins -DT / Wake Forest
Third Round - Doug Chapman - RB / Marshall
Fourth Round - Antonio Wilson - OLB / Texas A&M-Commerce
Fifth Round - Troy Walters - WR / Stanford
We didn't have a 6th round pick, however we did manage to TRADE FOR
future starting QB - Spergon Wynn - S.W. Texas State (Look familiar Viking fans ?)

I remember arguing online with Viking fans who tried convincing me
that it was a good / great draft. Especially Chris Hovan who was the epitome of bust when was with us.
Stanton is very talented and underrated but say top 15 is a bit of a reach and the Panthers have many more pressing needs but atleast you respect his abilities

Old 03-27-2007, 08:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Drew Rosenhaus is a POS.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:19 PM    (permalink
lionsfan81
Rookie

lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.lionsfan81 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would not be surprised at all if he went late 1st. Yes everything u say about him being inconsistent is true, but teams are looking at his potential and are gonna draft him on that and how he comes of in interviews as the ideal qb u want leading your team. If rosenhaus thinks hes a 1st round qb, then i think hes gonna go 1st round. If he can get willis mcgahee drafted in the 1st after his injury, he can get drew stanton drafted in the 1st. The guy is the best agent in the leauge, like him or not.
lionsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um you're wrong. In most drafts he's a high 2nd round pick, and he could go in the first. What bodes well for his draft status are his tools as a QB. Which he has quite the aresenal and with good coaching he could be damn good.
Shoot, had he been around in '05 I would have been pleading for GB to take him. Hes much better than Rodgers as a prospect

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drew Rosenhaus is a POS.

rep ***** =D

And why? Because he is good at his job?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Drew Rosenhaus is a POS.
I'd hire him.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He does his job well.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

That guy is money. I wish he was my agent.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
No one will trade up for Drew Stanton. Why would they when all those teams second rounders are within the top 9? If he falls to a team, they might take him, but i seriously doubt that they will trade up for him, its not like he is a can't miss prospect.
You just don't get it.

For example, lets say the Dolphins, who have the 8th pick in the second round, really want Stanton. The Raiders, Lions, and Browns have the 1st, 2nd, and 4th picks in the second, and all need a quarterback. Even if two out of those three get Russell and Quinn, there is still that one other team that needs a quarterback, and very possibly would take Stanton before the Dolphins pick. Therefore, the Dolphins would jump all of them and trade up into the late first round to pick Drew Stanton. It's not all that hard to understand.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Man this has to be crazy!!!
He just said that Drew Stanton is a late 1st round pick
hahahahahahah
I mean I know that he is Stanton's agent but I mean come on a late 1st round?
He's right.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
You just don't get it.

For example, lets say the Dolphins, who have the 8th pick in the second round, really want Stanton. The Raiders, Lions, and Browns have the 1st, 2nd, and 4th picks in the second, and all need a quarterback. Even if two out of those three get Russell and Quinn, there is still that one other team that needs a quarterback, and very possibly would take Stanton before the Dolphins pick. Therefore, the Dolphins would jump all of them and trade up into the late first round to pick Drew Stanton. It's not all that hard to understand.
The Lions are the wildcard. They are happy with their QB situation and according martz Orvlosky can play in the NFL. I feel that they have to address other needs specifically their secondary and they may wait until round 3 or Day 2 to go after their future QB.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
The Lions are the wildcard. They are happy with their QB situation and according martz Orvlosky can play in the NFL. I feel that they have to address other needs specifically their secondary and they may wait until round 3 or Day 2 to go after their future QB.
I actually think the Dolphins are least likely to pursue Stanton, once they add either Carr or Green. I was just making an example, but there are quite a few scenerios in which someone could jump that cluster of teams in need of a quarterback to draft Stanton.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've said it since before the season started and I'm sticking to it. Coming from a guy who's followed Drew Stanton for most of his career, if any team selects him before the 3rd Round they're going to regret it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Have you all forgotten how he was a fixture in Scott's first round for a while? I think Chicago should draft him in the 1st, but they probably won't.
Quentin Moses was top 15 in Scott's mocks for a while, that doesn't make him first round value.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 AM    (permalink
rickscott
Veteran

rickscott hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Who's Brady's backup? New Eng has lots of picks including 2 late 1st rders, don't they? . I could see them taking him to sit since the guy does have skills but will take some time to develope. When you are a team like New Eng, your chances of getting to grab a guy that may be a great QB down the road are slim.
rickscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 04:39 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate drew rosenhaus, but damn i would hire him to be my agent in a heartbeat. hell he could take my out of shape unskilled self and make me in to a day one pick, and then years later get a team to overpay for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:02 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickscott View Post
Who's Brady's backup? New Eng has lots of picks including 2 late 1st rders, don't they? . I could see them taking him to sit since the guy does have skills but will take some time to develope. When you are a team like New Eng, your chances of getting to grab a guy that may be a great QB down the road are slim.
Didnt they take or sign Leinarts backup from USC? Cassell I think.

Brady is still relatively young though, I dont see them using a first day pick to get a backup, they have other needs that are more important.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:25 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's probably still a bit early to know who the third overall QB is. While I have mixed feelings about Stanton (upside is certainly there), he is, as of now, slated somewhere in the mid-day 1 mix probably, and could move up certainly, especially in overall drafting position. That said, it's likely coming down to Trent Edwards and Drew Stanton to see who's 3rd/4th, and this may come down to an issue of preference. My gut feeling would lean towards Edwards, if a team is fine with his medical background. At the end of the day, I'm thinking, as of now, only 4 QB's go day 1. Another impact on overall drafting position for Trent and Drew will be the first/2nd round positional runs.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 07:49 AM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Drew Stanton ain't getting drafted in the 1st round. And he isn't even the consensus 3rd best QB in the draft.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 08:02 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Drew Stanton ain't getting drafted in the 1st round. And he isn't even the consensus 3rd best QB in the draft.
All it takes is to be #3 on one teams board.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote