Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Warhawk
 
Posts: n/a
Reputation:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
**Edit - after reading over your post a few more times, I just think you're confused. We are talking about the best offense, not the best TEAM.
Oh, if you want to make the argument that the Colts defense was far better than the Saints defense this year, be my guest, I'd like to see you try.

Fair point about the Ravens game.

Anyway, the Saints averaged 18.75 points against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 25.8 ppg over the course of the season.

The Colts averaged 25.5 points per game against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 26.7 ppg over the course of the season.

The Saints fell off more when faced with good competition.

Last edited by Warhawk : 03-27-2007 at 10:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 16,141
Reputation: 220179
GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The Packers will be on primetime in week 17 to show Farve's last game



...again
__________________
GB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisiana Football.
Posts: 2,035
Reputation: 408
TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhawk View Post
Oh, if you want to make the argument that the Colts defense was far better than the Saints defense this year, be my guest, I'd like to see you try.

Fair point about the Ravens game.

Anyway, the Saints averaged 18.75 points against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 25.8 ppg over the course of the season.

The Colts averaged 25.5 points per game against top 10 defenses in 06, compared to 26.7 ppg over the course of the season.

The Saints fell off more when faced with good competition.
The Colts defense did step it up BIG TIME during the playoffs, and IMO is the biggest reason they were finally able to make it over the hump and win a Superbowl.

But you do make good points. I wouldn't particularly disagree that the Colts had the best offense in the NFL last season. I just think it's downright wrong to say they were the best "by a substantial margin."
__________________
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
RedAttack
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 217
Reputation: 69
RedAttack hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

The 'hate' the Cards/9ers game is getting is really unfounded. The two appearences the Cards have made on prime time recently have produced really entertaining games.

The Mexico game was highly entertaining with those two fumble recoveries and the Cards come back to win. And while from a cardinal fans point of view the MNF game was a 'debacle', it was one of the most entertaining games of the year.

Last time the Cards meet the 9ers in a season opener, there was a total of 61 points scored and the game came down to the final play of the game.
__________________
RedAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Louisiana Football.
Posts: 2,035
Reputation: 408
TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedAttack View Post
The 'hate' the Cards/9ers game is getting is really unfounded. The two appearences the Cards have made on prime time recently have produced really entertaining games.

The Mexico game was highly entertaining with those two fumble recoveries and the Cards come back to win. And while from a cardinal fans point of view the MNF game was a 'debacle', it was one of the most entertaining games of the year.

Last time the Cards meet the 9ers in a season opener, there was a total of 61 points scored and the game came down to the final play of the game.
I think it will be a good game, quite a few exciting players between the teams... it just isn't the marquee matchup that you would want to be the MNF opener.
__________________
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,460
Reputation: 175801
49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I think it will be a good game, quite a few exciting players between the teams... it just isn't the marquee matchup that you would want to be the MNF opener.
Meh, its the 2nd part of the doubleheader. Its tucked away at the 10:15 EST timeslot on monday night.

Im very happy, seeing as i dont live in San Francisco and i saw 2 games only last year of the 49ers (both against the seahawks). I cant wait, and i hope they get more primetime games. Should be a fun one too on MNF.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.