Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Cam Cameron can get the Dolphins to a 10 win season, and Petrino get the Falcons to an 11-12 win season.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are alot of rookie coaches walking into pretty good situations this year.
Petrino has Vick to work with and that is definately a good thing for a guy with an offensive mind like his.

Whis will have a ton of weapons with that offense and a new young QB in Leinart to groom for years to come. Plus he has Russ Grimm to help him out with the O-line.

Cam Cameron has a very solid defense and a questionable offense. The defensive weapons he has will really help him out this year.

Tomlin gets a great job knowing that he has incredible job security. He inherited a team with quite alot of talent and that just came off of a superbowl run a year ago.

I can see all 4 of these guys doing big things. I expect Whis to have the best first season though. That team has an incredible amount of raw talent and I really believe in him as a coach. I think all 4 guys will be successful to some extent but I really expect big things from Whis with a team that suits him well.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
What I meant is 1st time head coach ex: Sean Payton. Can any of the new coaches spark a turnaround like Payton did with the Saints?
Should have been Mangini.

Payton picked up an all pro QB in FA and already had a stud RB.

Mangini kept all of the same players essentially, but he totally re-did the system
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
Should have been Mangini.

Payton picked up an all pro QB in FA and already had a stud RB.

Mangini kept all of the same players essentially, but he totally re-did the system
they still weren't as good as there record would indicate. payton deserved the coach of th yr award.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cam Cameron WILL GET THE dOLPHINS INTO THE PLAYOFFS

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Wae phillips actually is a solid coach. He did go to the playoffs. He doesn't need that much knowledge on offense with our talent on O, plus Garrett who is a young creative mind. He will put our defense throught the roof, and NFC Favorites, although we already are. Miles better than Norv Turner, that is all I have to say.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Wae phillips actually is a solid coach. He did go to the playoffs. He doesn't need that much knowledge on offense with our talent on O, plus Garrett who is a young creative mind. He will put our defense throught the roof, and NFC Favorites, although we already are. Miles better than Norv Turner, that is all I have to say.
Have you ever even stopped to think that Wade's new D might take a while for the players to catch on? AND BETTER THAN NORV TURNER?!?!?!?! Turner is in a much, much better situation in SD. He has the league MVP and a top-5 Defense, and we're better off then he is? Get you head out of your ass.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'll go with Tomlin, for sure. I really think he will establish himself as a top coach in the league within the next 5 years.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LMAO!! You gotta love one Cowboy fan laying the smackdown on another.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wade phillips because he inherits the team with LT

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
Wah?......

BoneKrusher
Old 03-27-2007, 09:12 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpigskin View Post
ya that was a classic brain toot.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 09:48 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

I think Mike Tomlin for sure, Pittsburgh always has the best coaches.

Last year it was Mangini though.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Norv Turner actually is a solid coach. He did go to the playoffs. He doesn't need that much knowledge on defense with our talent on D, plus Rivera who is a young creative defensive mind. He will put our offense throught the roof, and NFC Favorites, although we already are. Miles better than Wade Phillips, that is all I have to say.
I took the liberties to make some revisions. This is exactly what you would have posted, had the Cowboys hired Norv Turner, rather than Wade Phillips. You are a sheep.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Bobby Petrino, duh.

What was I supposed to say? Really?
im surprised his name wasnt mentioned until just then...he has always had an explosive offense, and i think he's the man who can turn ATL's offense into what it really could be, and definately high powered....

and i dont think you can judge a HC or coach period based off previous stints...for instance i think wade will do great comingg from san diego, with a D just as athletic and just as young, it should be just as tough on the edges...

and also i think norv is gonna help rivers, and the entire offense, this could be the year LT hits 2,000 yds, hell he doesnt have to really do much....but i think if anything he makes their offense better then last year, and more spread open

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
I think Mike Tomlin for sure, Pittsburgh always has the best coaches.

Last year it was Mangini though.
Hah. Last year, it was Sean Peyton by a mile.

BoneKrusher
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Tomlin on this one. I think he's got a nice core group returning that showed progress down the stretch. He's still go LeBeau running the 3-4 there, and for all the "veteran unhappiness", most of the guys will likely be onboard by the time the campaign starts. They've got some key concerns to deal with this offseason ... but it's not as if their losses have been great so far, and it's largely been in areas that likely would've received attention anyways. Assuming Santonio Holmes grows, the overall timing of the offense should be fine, although a big, tall downfield receiver would be nice. Defensively, CB depth is needed, and the pass rush must be addressed. Trench work could be used on either side.

I'm not sure this is a great team, but I think their needs can be met this offseason with shrewd moves, and I could see this team winning, as of now, maybe 8-10 games, which should have him near the top of all new coaches.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Petirno is going to have a good year.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote