Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFL’s “Performance Based Pay” system

Anyone want to clear up what this is? From what I gathered, you get can get suplements based on playing time and your contract. Gibril Wilson got $200,000 or so though it.

Any experts?
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Phrost

I don't really understand it...but Joey Galloway will get a $100,000 bonus if he runs a 4.40 in training camp this year.
Old 03-27-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Anyone want to clear up what this is? From what I gathered, you get can get suplements based on playing time and your contract. Gibril Wilson got $200,000 or so though it.

Any experts?
I remember there was an article on ESPN for it last year when Kerry Rhodes set a record for the highest supplemental check ever. Basically, the league analyzes players who are making around the league minimum and outplay their contract in terms of impact and playing time and give them a nice little bonus. It's not a huge amount and is at the discretion of the league. It also doesn't count against the salary cap, because the teams aren't paying it, and it's not a bonus or incentive that was agreed upon contractually.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I remember there was an article on ESPN for it last year when Kerry Rhodes set a record for the highest supplemental check ever. Basically, the league analyzes players who are making around the league minimum and outplay their contract in terms of impact and playing time and give them a nice little bonus. It's not a huge amount and is at the discretion of the league. It also doesn't count against the salary cap, because the teams aren't paying it, and it's not a bonus or incentive that was agreed upon contractually.
Thats basically it. Dawan Landry got the most this year. Being a 5th round pick and I believe starting every game. But then again I'm not really sure how it works because Barry Cofield was a 4th round pick and started every game and wasn't even in the top 25.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Thats basically it. Dawan Landry got the most this year. Being a 5th round pick and I believe starting every game. But then again I'm not really sure how it works because Barry Cofield was a 4th round pick and started every game and wasn't even in the top 25.
Its not just playtime based...its also production based. Landry was more productive than Cofield so he got paid more.

I wonder if Walt Harris got any....I think he only had a salary of 800k or so this year.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Its not just playtime based...its also production based. Landry was more productive than Cofield so he got paid more.

I wonder if Walt Harris got any....I think he only had a salary of 800k or so this year.
How do you value production? Of couse a safety will rack up more "stats" than a NT.

I'd also be interested to see how much Mark Anderson got. There is a guy with production but not much playing time.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 03-27-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does it really matter? After all it really has no effect on the NFL at all.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's perks for players to strive for to keep their body in tip top physical shape to most benefit the team and they also benefit their wallets as well

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Veteran

255979119 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If trying to win a SB doesn't keep you in good shape, then get the hell out of the league.
255979119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 255979119 View Post
If trying to win a SB doesn't keep you in good shape, then get the hell out of the league.

it kind of goes hand in hand, doesnt it? You need to relax. Some people simply work harder than others, and the NFL rewards them for it. Some one had a question about it, and it was answered. No reason to get all worked up about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
I don't really understand it...but Joey Galloway will get a $100,000 bonus if he runs a 4.40 in training camp this year.
Are you serious? What a joke.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
yeah that pretty much covers it
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

1. Dawan Landry
2. Kevin Boothe
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Are you serious? What a joke.
Yeah, I'm serious.
Its half of some workout incentive regiment thing.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:00 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Joey Galloway bonus would be something that is in his contract, paid by the team, not paid by the league.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
That Joey Galloway bonus would be something that is in his contract, paid by the team, not paid by the league.
Its still moronic. Players should be motivated anyways not just because of contract incentives.

BTW are you TrenT on the bbs.buccaneers.com site?
Old 03-27-2007, 09:08 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know that this means but two Rams got it ( Richie Incognito and Todd Stuessie )

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i like the idea of rewarding players for out performing their contracts, davin holly of the browns received the 17th highest amount making 217,000, that to me is quite a nice bonus

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:52 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
Its still moronic. Players should be motivated anyways not just because of contract incentives.

BTW are you TrenT on the bbs.buccaneers.com site?
Well, that bonus is probably ther to protect teh organization as much as it is to motivate Galloway. They're paying that money for a speed receiver, but if he loses his speed, they pay less money.

And yes, that is me.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

I saw something on nfl.com that said the max bonus a player could get is 21%.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Well, that bonus is probably ther to protect teh organization as much as it is to motivate Galloway. They're paying that money for a speed receiver, but if he loses his speed, they pay less money.

And yes, that is me.
I knew it, It was that sig. The screwed up hit the the left reminded me of yours on the TBBBB.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

Yeah, I use that sig on all the NFL boards I visit...unfortunately Hamlin is no longer a Seahawk, so I'm gonna have to make a new one.