Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's way too raw to say what offense he can or can't fit into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
He's way too raw to say what offense he can or can't fit into.
You're only adding to the argument why Cam Newton coming here would be an absolute disaster.

ESPN recently had an article where they rated the likelihood of Cam Newton to all 32 teams. I think the Browns rated the lowest with Very Low and with good reason.

They said they are going with Colt McCoy as their starting quarterback next season. That's strike 1.

He doesn't fit the offense Pat Shurmur intends to run, which has featured Sam Bradford and will feature Colt McCoy, two exceptionally accurate quarterbacks. That's strike 2.

And drafting Cam Newton does the Browns absolutely no good this year and probably next. That's strike 3.

Though considering you have been pimping the idea that the Browns FO desperately wants Newton based on virtually nothing, the idea that you think he should be in the conversation is hardly surprising.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Auburn quarterback Cam Newton has private workouts scheduled with at least eight NFL teams, ensuring that roughly half of those in the top half of the NFL draft's first round will have a closer look at one of the most intriguing prospects.

Newton's father, Cecil, told NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt on Wednesday that four of the teams are the Carolina Panthers, Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings and Washington Redskins.

A league source later told NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora that Newton also is scheduled to work out for the Tennessee Titans, Miami Dolphins, Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns.

In each case, the team's head coach will conduct the workouts at undisclosed locations.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which means what exactly? They are doing their due diligence? I certainly hope so. If Cam Newton is sitting on the board at 6 and someone thinks the Browns will take him and offers up king's ransom for it, I am all for it.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, we aren't gonna look at Newton or Gabbert. Both are huge risks and there will be a guy more than worthy of the 6th pick available that fills a gigantic need. Not to mention the fact that Colt McCoy had a pretty decent rookie year and has better prospects at this point than either of those guys with what we like to do on offense in the short passing game and the moving pocket and whatnot.

I think we go either Bowers, Green, Fairley, Dareus, Peterson, or Quinn. Should be one of those 6 guys.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yeah, we aren't gonna look at Newton or Gabbert. Both are huge risks and there will be a guy more than worthy of the 6th pick available that fills a gigantic need. Not to mention the fact that Colt McCoy had a pretty decent rookie year and has better prospects at this point than either of those guys with what we like to do on offense in the short passing game and the moving pocket and whatnot.

I think we go either Bowers, Green, Fairley, Dareus, Peterson, or Quinn. Should be one of those 6 guys.
Like most of us, I'm hoping McCoy has a bright future but it really depends on what Holmgren thinks of his future.
You cannot win consistently unless you have a franchise QB, if Holmgren doesn't see that in McCoy's future, then we should be looking for one. We are never going to be a winner till we find one.
I sure hope McCoy is the guy.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

The uproar over the possibility of taking Cam Newton by most of the Browns fanbase is amusing. I'm not sure if it's more about faith in McCoy or hatred of a player like Cam.

The cpd keeps reiterating that the Browns have tabbed McCoy as their QB of the future. Unless I'm mistaken that's not exactly what I heard-a statement from the club said the Browns are committed to McCoy as the starter for next season. Holmgren said he believes in him but within the "the guy" statements to the press never actually said Colt is "the guy".

Of course, this team doesn't get out of the doldrums until they find "that guy". Iac likened Colt to Hasselbeck and that would be fine if that came to be but I'd say even Matt had a better arm than little Colt here. Given the history of failure unless a squad has a legitimate QB I don't quite get the scoffing at considering potential franchise guys. Add to that a new head coach who would certainly prefer "his guy" since his job depends on it and it ought to be somewhat expected that he looks into other options. I'll still say Colt reminds me most of Pennington, and we would be lucky if he could approach that here, but even Chad was bigger than our guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Like most of us, I'm hoping McCoy has a bright future but it really depends on what Holmgren thinks of his future.
You cannot win consistently unless you have a franchise QB, if Holmgren doesn't see that in McCoy's future, then we should be looking for one. We are never going to be a winner till we find one.
I sure hope McCoy is the guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Holmgren running the draft would be a disaster. Thankfully, he hired Heckert.
That's why Holmgren's lastest comments are interesting. We know he, not necessarily Heckert, put his foot down on taking Colt after Corey Peters came off the board last year. But this year it looks as if he's allowing Shurmur to make the call on whether or not he wants to run with Colt as a long term guy or not. And just speculating but I'd wager if Heckert was ready to take Peters he didn't exactly consider Colt a long term answer.

I've no conviction that Newton will be a sure fire success but he shares a similar skill set to the guy Shurmur coached for 9 yrs and the guy that last season out played Heckert and Reid's successor to that guy-follow? I think it's safe to say that Kolb was a superior prospect to Colt so it seems very likely that Newton should get a real hard look by our fo.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-18-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:46 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starting to wonder if Julio Jones will be the player drafted by the Browns. Simplistic theory, however last year they mentioned they wanted to draft tough football players which was a reason for drafting Ward and even Haden to some extent. Players who aren't afraid of contact. Considering the first two selections last year were defensive players, and the fact Holmgren will want his QB Colt McCoy to succeed, I can see Julio Jones being targeted to help upgrade the WR position. He's willing to make the tough catches over the middle and doesn't shy away from contact whether it's taking a hit after a catch or blocking for a teammate. And it was hard not to be impressed with his showing at the Combine.

I personally would like to see one of the top defensive players selected, but am resigned to the fact we could very well end up with Jones. Not that he's not a good enough player to be selected #6, I'd just rather upgrade the defense with that pick.
OhioJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I doubt we take a WR that early, JMO. The WR crop is very deep with excellent picks available in rounds 2 and 3, so if I'm drafting, I grab a DLman and take my WR in round 2.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:46 AM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OhioJB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just noticed the site's new mock. If Bowers falls to the Browns they'd be foolish to not select him. Great choice for them. Hoping we do indeed see two QB's drafted ahead of us. I'll be highly disappointed if they take a WR over a top defensive player.

Actually looking forward to seeing how our current WR's fair in the team's new offense. MoMass will hopefully have a much better third season than he had in 2010; Robiskie probably at best will be a solid WR, but never the team's biggest deep threat; and Mitchell may show the biggest improvement which shouldn't be hard since he was inactive much of the season. I played back part of the Browns 1st pre-season game from last year, and either Donovan or Kosar mentioned Mitchell was the fastest WR on the Browns roster. So he could develop into the best deep threat on the team. He has some legitimate talent. He just might prove to be our best value pick from the 2010 draft.

Best scenario in my view: Browns get Bowers, Peterson, Dareus, or maybe Fairley in the 1st round; then with luck a good OT prospect that can play either LT or RT falls to them in the 2nd round. Not trying to jinx our LT Joe Thomas, but we've been very fortunate he's been able to stay healthy while working in the trenches since he's been with the team. I don't want to see Steinbach have to fill in for him, even if he might be able to do a halfway decent job of it. I also have a hard time believing Pashos is the long-term answer at RT, so the 2nd round OT could challenge him for the starting position as well. Probably the only player who might be available early in the 2nd round who can play either side is Derek Sherrod out of Mississippi State. But even he might be off the board by then. I felt we had an OT in camp last year who could play either side but he was let go in the final cuts. Can't recall his name off-hand but he had played for the Bengals previously. Probably was a better OT than St. Clair or Pashos. Mystery to me why he was let go in favor of them, but I do understand as fans we only see alot of the players playing against 2nd and 3rd stringers. Regardless, we need a better RT and someone capable of competently backing up Thomas at LT.

Sticking with the O-line, while watching last year's 1st pre-season game against the Packers I was highly impressed with OG Shawn Lauvao. No doubt in my mind we have a good starter in him. So RT has to be addressed, hopefully with someone capable of also playing LT. Then Pashos can back up at RT. Probably need to consider an OG as well who can upgrade the depth behind Steinbach. Pork Chop is injured alot, although he probably could backup both OG positions well.

Have to believe we'll see a huge effort made to improve the talent in the trenches, especially on the defensive side of the ball. As Heckert said, "We know we need D-linemen and we know where to find them." Quote may not be exact but at least close to it. Hopefully Jayme Mitchell will contribute well since we gave up a draft pick for him during the season last year. I don't recall seeing him on the field, so my guess is they knew the defensive scheme was going to be changing and got him for this upcoming season.
Old 03-26-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

You are going to see Bowers all over draft boards till he works out and the doctors get to examine his knee. Could easily jump back up into top 5 talk or could drop way down. Just no way to guess how good his knee is???
Old 03-26-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

Yeah, I doubt Bowers will be there, but as you said who knows until he works out and is checked out by team doctors. I keep having to remind myself that there is enough top-tier talent that the Browns will have at least a couple great players to chose from. Which also means they may receive a couple good offers from teams that want to jump up to #6. Considering the depth of 1st round D-line and even O-line talent, I wouldn't mind dropping down, picking up a couple extra picks and still getting a long-term starter for the trenches. There are also some good CB's that will be available mid-late 1st round to pair up with Haden. Of course we probably wouldn't want to trade out of the spot if certain players fall to us.

If we do trade down I hope they draft an OT that can play both sides. I tried figuring out who might be there for us in the 2nd round at that position, and doubt anyone capable will be. Even if Sherrod or Carimi fall to the 2nd they'll be snapped up before we pick. There'll be good D-linemen and WR's that can help the Browns available in the 2nd and 3rd round; a couple good OG's maybe in the 4th (Moffitt and Rackley); and hopefully they'll wait to draft another QB until the 6th or 7th round (compensation pick). QB's Potts and McElroy may make good developmental players.

Looking for the Browns to have a great draft. Hope they don't disappoint us.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

He was already on top my board but after seeing his first draft piece I have an official man crush. Here's a part: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...draft-J-J-Watt
Quote:
I love going to the stadium everyday and knowing that it's me against you. And by the end of the day it's my job to make you so tired and beat up that you don't want to play against me.
Holmgren has always seemed to prefer bigger defensive lineman but Quinn is regarded as the top DE. Mayock top 32 I think has Quinn at #6 - Bowers #10 - Watt #12. I don't have a good read on Quinn other than what's been said and some clips-I only saw a couple UNC games in 09 and he didn't stand out to me. Mayock jumping on him late reminds me a little of his infatuation with Ayers last year. I'm thinking Fairley, being primarily a pass rusher not a run defender or space eater, won't be especially high in Jauron's defense.

They've made no indication but I'd like to see them use some 3-4 looks along with the base 4-3. I've been hearing that more teams are going that route-Jacksonville, Buffalo, Tampa and I think NE, Oakland, Baltimore already run something like that.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 04-01-2011, 05:43 PM    (permalink
OhioJB
Rookie

Watt will no doubt be a solid NFL player, but I wonder if they'll want to consider more of a pass rusher at #6 if they draft DL there. I do like Watt's tough mentality and would have no problem with the Browns drafting him, especially if they trade down a couple of spots and pick up a couple extra picks.

Just read on GBN Report that Bowers was slow at his pro day, keeping NFL team officials worrying about his knee. Odds are he'll be available at #6. If the Browns' doctors think he'll be ok in time, he could be a steal even that high in the draft.

Ironic, after all the Cam Newton hype, Jake Locker is now being talked about as possibly being the 2nd QB off the board. I realize he was considered a possible 2010 1st overall selection if he had come out then, but many were talking about him possibly going to Seattle at #25. Could he end up a top 5 pick now? One of the intriguing players to watch as far as where he goes.

Edit to add: Just read the thread on Bowers. Micro-fracture surgery (or the possibility of it?) should push him down quite a ways, if true.

Last edited by OhioJB : 04-01-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we take Watt at 6 but I just realized he's a clone of Grant Wistrom, who had a couple good years under Holmgren.
Tom Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

If we don't draft Julio, he suits a WCO better than Green because of his blocking skills, I think we will draft Quinn, a solid high sack guy if he is still available.
We will know if the draft will go our way, if 2 QB's go in the top 5.
I, myself prefer Quinn because a solid WR can be found in round 2 in this year's draft.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
ChazMonk
Rookie

ChazMonk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
I doubt we take Watt at 6 but I just realized he's a clone of Grant Wistrom, who had a couple good years under Holmgren.
I'm glad you brought up Watt. Forget the great "workouts" this kid has had. I watched him in several games this year and he is a high energy, disruptive player. He would make a gret 4-3 DL that could probably go inside to DT when needed.

I would love to see us trade down a few spots, take Watt and get an extra 3rd/4th round pick. I can see JJ Watt being a staple on our DL for years to come. His potential is through the roof IMO.

Then, we can still get a really good DT with the second round pick.
ChazMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's been some rumblings around Cowboy circles that Dallas and Cleveland have discussed a possible trade if Peterson makes it to 6. The deal would supposedly involve Dallas' 3rd Round pick (70th overall). Just something to look out for.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 04-03-2011 at 08:25 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tom Servo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good year for a trade down, unless Dareus miraculously falls to 6.

Give up those picks you stole from us in '07 Jerry
Old 04-05-2011, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

I'd be shocked if Peterson makes his way to #6.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Mayock's new top 32 is out but even he admits, it won't be the way the draft will proceed.
If we go DL, then it will be either Quinn or Fairley, if it's WR, obviously it will be between Jones and Green. It is definitely going to be someone among these 4 guys.
Peterson will be gone, Bowers is in a deep fall, the QB's will be gone, and Dareus and Miller will be off the board.
You can forget a trade down unless we want to pass on both WR's and even then I cannot see any team paying much to move up since both WR's are likely to still be available, so why trade with us.
Our only chance for a trade down will be if either Newton or Gabbert slides.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:56 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns pre-draft visits and/or workouts.

Quarterbacks:
Andy Dalton - Texas Christian
Colin Kaepernick - Nevada
Cam Newton - Auburn

Runningbacks:
Demarco Murray - Oklahoma
Shane Vereen - California

Wide Receivers:
Edmund Gates - Abilene Christian

Tight Ends:
Ryan Taylor - North Carolina

Tackles:
James Brewer - Indiana
Gabe Carimi - Wisconsin
Jah Reid - Central Florida
Tyron Smith - Southern California

Guards:
John Moffitt - Wisconsin
Will Rackley - Lehigh

Defensive Ends:
Da'Quan Bowers - Clemson
Brooks Reed - Arizona

Defensive Tackles:
Marcell Dareus - Alabama
Nick Fairley - Auburn
Andrew Soucy - Eastern Kentucky
Phil Taylor - Baylor

Linebackers:
Von Miller - Texas A&M

Defensive Backs:
Prince Amukamara - Nebraska
Curtis Brown - Texas
Brandon Burton - Utah
Chris Culliver - South Carolina
Marcus Gilchrist - Clemson
Patrick Peterson - Louisiana St
Buster Skrine - Tennessee-Chattanooga
Devon Torrence - Ohio St
Demarcus Van Dyke - Miami
Aaron Williams - Texas

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Tom Servo
Rookie

not enough DEs on that list
Old 04-06-2011, 02:50 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I thought DE was lacking. I was surprised we didn't check out Green or Jones and disappointed we didn't work out Quinn and Austin from NC. Maybe we had talked to them during the combine?

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Interesting list which could mean 2 things, Holmgren doesn't want to give away his intentions, you'd be surprised how often teams completely ignore the player they intend to draft so as to damper teams who might trade up past them to secure the player they most want. Or, they are far more interested in drafting a DT like Fairley over the DE's who are available.
Looks like CB may be in the round 2 discussion.