Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this place is dead

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
this place is dead
No one comes in here anymore it's too crowded.

Jake's pro-day tomorrow, lovely weather par for the course. I see he has Goodwin and Sylvester as two of his receivers, not exactly going to make anyone forget about Rice and Taylor that's for sure.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:33 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is your favorite non QB prospect in the draft that you want the hawks to pick at 25? Personally I love Danny Watkins. He's old. But he can step in at LG and be an above average starter.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watkins will be 27 in the fall so i would probably look at him in the second not the first. I personally like a couple of guys who's stock has slipped a little like Cameron Heyward and Adrian Clayborn. On the O-line i would look at Carimi or Castonzo if they were there.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Noticed Pete was at the UW pro day on wednesday, of course he didnt have very far to commute. He probably heard there was free coffee and doughnuts.

Thought the guys did pretty well today. Mason looked good after an abysmal first 40, Goodwin ran a 4.5 and caught everything he got his hands on.

Jake was near flawless, if there were doubts about his accuracy i think he has answered that, thus it is extremely doubtful he will be there at #25.
Old 03-31-2011, 03:41 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Jake was near flawless, if there were doubts about his accuracy i think he has answered that, thus it is extremely doubtful he will be there at #25.
Dammit. I watched his Oregon State and USC games recently, and he looks tremendous in both of those, both opponents being ranked at the time they played. He looks above the competition against a couple of pretty solid teams.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:59 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Noticed Pete was at the UW pro day on wednesday, of course he didnt have very far to commute. He probably heard there was free coffee and doughnuts.

Thought the guys did pretty well today. Mason looked good after an abysmal first 40, Goodwin ran a 4.5 and caught everything he got his hands on.

Mike Lombardi and Charlie Casserly beg to differ. Haha. I really wonder why NFLN had to send these hacks here while sending Mayock to every other pro day. I know I have a bit of bias with Jake but Lombardi is unbearable. He keeps saying Jake is going to take time to develop and he's not worth a 1st rounder while hyping Newton in the top 5 and saying he can Vince Young it his first year despite the fact that he needs similar time to develop. I was secretly hoping he would end up as the 9ers GM so that I could laugh at divisional rivals expense.

The USC game this year is one of my favorite games of Jake. The Touchdown to pass to Aguilar was awesome. Terrific fake, Nice mobility and just great touch and arm strength.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Mike Lombardi and Charlie Casserly beg to differ. Haha. I really wonder why NFLN had to send these hacks here while sending Mayock to every other pro day. I know I have a bit of bias with Jake but Lombardi is unbearable. He keeps saying Jake is going to take time to develop and he's not worth a 1st rounder while hyping Newton in the top 5 and saying he can Vince Young it his first year despite the fact that he needs similar time to develop. I was secretly hoping he would end up as the 9ers GM so that I could laugh at divisional rivals expense.

The USC game this year is one of my favorite games of Jake. The Touchdown to pass to Aguilar was awesome. Terrific fake, Nice mobility and just great touch and arm strength.
I was surprised Lombardi was there talking with Jake after the workout. It's almost like politics where no matter what the kid does it is criticised. They're saying today over at NFL network that the workout was too easy, that's what they're supposed to be guys. Imagine if he didnt have a good day, i guess he would have been down at Costco this morning looking for a job.

The other little dig i've heard is there werent any head coaches there besides Pete. Fact of the matter is the Trojans had their pro-day yesterday, given a choice i'd be in the sun in southern Cal myself. He's had or has scheduled workouts with the Bills, Vikings, Titans (today) Jags, Phins and Seahawks, that i know of.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elsewhere, I was the GM for Seattle and was hoping for some feedback as to how I did with their mock.

25. OG Mike Pouncey, Florida
57. WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pitt
99. CB Johnny Patrick, Louisville
156. DL Pernell McPhee, Miss State
157. QB Nathan Enderle, Idaho
173. FB Stanely Havili, USC
209. DT Martin Parker, Richmond
227. LB Josh Bynes, Auburn
242. OG Justin Boren, Ohio State

Be gentle.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Elsewhere, I was the GM for Seattle and was hoping for some feedback as to how I did with their mock.

Be gentle.
A+ if the top 3 QBs are gone, not a fan of Enderle but some of those picks like Baldwin, Havili and Patrick i like a lot.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Newton and Gabbert were gone. Locker went the next pick. My rationale was by getting Pouncey to help protect and Baldwin as a target, either Hasselbeck or Whitehurst would be in a much better situation. Enderle is a developmental type.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post

Be gentle.
It's difficult to screw up a Seahawks mock because they need help at every position aside from TE and RB.

Like Pouncey, love Patrick, the late-rounders are fine. Baldwin I don't think goes that high and I'm not sure they need to draft a receiver at all. Not a terrible pick though and definitely possible.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Latest rumors are that we'd consider Andy Dalton in the first round, are also thinking about Jimmy Smith, and Peter King "wouldn't be surprised" if we took Mallett at #25.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mallett's rising for me. Andy Dalton in the first is a bit hard to process.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 01:50 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

No to Dalton. Mallet I would be Ok with. Jimmy Smith is just too much of a pipedream to come true.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:13 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mallet I am ok with if the drug rumors are false and the leadership question marks aren't true.

I love the Seahawks mock as significant areas of need were hit in pretty much every round, with the exception of the LB in the 6th, which is kind of iffy, but special teams depth is always needed.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Thanks for the feedback, yall. My favorite teams are:
1 Saints
2 49ers
3 Who ever is playing against Dallas

So taking over for Seattle helped me get to know some late round guys I may not usually look at and get to know one more team's needs a little bit better.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Pro Football Talk reporting that Jake has had good workouts with the Seahawks and the Vikings and the source (from the Vikings) said that he would be in play at the 12th pick.

The site did add that if the Vikes were saying that then it probably meant they werent really interested, love that kind of logic.

My opinion is he's more likely to end up in Minnesota than Seattle. Pete i think is stuck with the disastrous Charlie Whitehurst deal and it will take a year or two to move on from that. As of today i think Locker is more likely to end up in Tennessee (probably a trade down to the mid-1st) ,Washintgon, Minnesota or Jacksonville.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see why Pete has to be stuck with Whitehurst, but Carolina isn't "stuck" with Clausen. Whitehurst didn't show anything to make us think he can be our long-term starter. It only makes the situation worse to deny this, and it's not like he hasn't had adequate time to develop while on the bench.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:03 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I agree, Whitehurst should not limit us in any way when it comes to making a decision about a QB of the future. Best case scenario Whitehurst actually develops into that franchise guy and if we took a QB early then we are left with a tradeable commodity in either the young QB or Whitehurst.

Worst case scenario is that neither one of them amounts to anything and we are stuck without a franchise QB, but we are already at that point right now...

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

can someone tell me why there is like no one left on this forum, and why it's been so dead in the off topic?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There aren't even that many applications for the forum mock either looking at the thread.
Old 04-11-2011, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably because Scott's been slipping lately. Can't fault the man for having personal issues to deal with, but the site has definitely suffered.

A couple weeks from the start of the draft and there are still high round prospects without a scouting report. That can't help but send people searching elsewhere. Sometimes, they like what they find and stay.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:55 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Probably because Scott's been slipping lately. Can't fault the man for having personal issues to deal with, but the site has definitely suffered.

A couple weeks from the start of the draft and there are still high round prospects without a scouting report. That can't help but send people searching elsewhere. Sometimes, they like what they find and stay.
Scott's body of work has definitely gone down in the last two years.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Scott's body of work has definitely gone down in the last two years.
It's still the best place around for the draft i think, but a lot of the heavyweights have been moonlighting at a differant site.

A couple of weeks away from the draft and i have no idea which way Pete is leaning. Forget about Locker he's being projected as high as #8 now and i think he'll be long gone be #16. If the Hawks had not used that 3rd on Charlie or won that Rams game they probably could have got him but that is neither here nor there i guess.

Pete should just trade down a couple of times as i think the top 50 or so are bunched together pretty good.