Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 03-23-2011, 08:15 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree I say take a risk on a guy who can be a #1. Webb,Fox,Wilson,Carr all have played #2 CB before. BTW what exactly did Jimmy Smith do that causes character concerns?
Old 03-23-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I agree I say take a risk on a guy who can be a #1. Webb,Fox,Wilson,Carr all have played #2 CB before. BTW what exactly did Jimmy Smith do that causes character concerns?
I think it was alcohol related, maybe an MIP or MIC. Maybe a possession of marijuana on top of that. Supposedly he's a primadona. I don't think too much of it. You're kidding yourself if you don't think the majority of college players drink or smoke. And we'll draft them too. Just look at Sergio. He was drunk and crashed his car into a 1st floor apartment and then got really drunk and fell down 2 flights of stairs.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
I think it was alcohol related, maybe an MIP or MIC. Maybe a possession of marijuana on top of that. Supposedly he's a primadona. I don't think too much of it. You're kidding yourself if you don't think the majority of college players drink or smoke. And we'll draft them too. Just look at Sergio. He was drunk and crashed his car into a 1st floor apartment and then got really drunk and fell down 2 flights of stairs.
Isn't that a sign not to draft anyone with those sort of character concerns?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently he wasnt drunk he was texting. I read somewhere he was leaving his coaches house when that happened. It wont surprise me either way because 1 he likes 2 drink and 2 he is a moron.

But the thing is what college kid who is about to be a millionare doesnt smoke, drink or think he is hot ****. A good % do.

Regardless I see us being extra cautious with character in this draft judging the Kindle situation. It wouldnt surprise me if we have a bunch of Todd Heap/Derrick Mason character guys in this draft.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Isn't that a sign not to draft anyone with those sort of character concerns?
Yeah, but I doubt it's going to totally sway the opinion of the front office. IMO it seems like we're more interested in a guy's character, not necessarily the problems he has off the field. That's not to say we're the Bengals though.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
apparently he wasnt drunk he was texting. I read somewhere he was leaving his coaches house when that happened. It wont surprise me either way because 1 he likes 2 drink and 2 he is a moron.

But the thing is what college kid who is about to be a millionare doesnt smoke, drink or think he is hot ****. A good % do.

Regardless I see us being extra cautious with character in this draft judging the Kindle situation. It wouldnt surprise me if we have a bunch of Todd Heap/Derrick Mason character guys in this draft.
I go to Texas and know people who lived in that apartment building. He was for sure drunk. He also supposedly was drunk driving and got DJ Monroe to take his place at the wheel and take the hit because it was soon after that incident. Can't be sure on that one but where there's smoke, there's fire. He's an idiot but a really good ball player.

And yeah, I would be shocked if we didn't go for a less risky draft this year considering we need some of these young guys to provide depth immediately.
Old 03-23-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Im in college 2 and I drink but it sounds like Sergio may have a serious problem. I believe he has had 2 DUIs at Texas and the one in Howard county was his third. Hopefully he gets his act together.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The 2 arrests are not the big problem apparently (maybe 3 charges - there is definitely 1 alcohol-related and 1 marijuana-related, might be another alcohol related one as well).

He suppossedly lied to teams during combine interviews about how many times he's been arrested. Its seems that he isnt the hardest worker - there are reports that he skipped workout sessions leading up to the combine - and that his attitude in general isnt great.

Whatever he has done, it is apparently enough to ahve multiple teams take him off their draft boards completely (but the Seahawks are know be one team that is definitely interested)
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya theres a snowballs chance in hell we take Smith. Im still on the Reed/Houston bandwagon.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My brand new 7 round mock:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...61#post2564261

Let me know what you think of the Ravens draft, tried something different, here was the Ravens draft:

Quote:
Baltimore Ravens
Trades: Trade #2: Washington trades(pick #10, #141) to Baltimore for (pick #26, pick #58, pick #90)

10) Baltimore(f/Washington) AJ Green/WR/Georgia
122) Baltimore: Jeremy Beal/DE/Oklahoma
141) Baltimore (f/Washington)Taiwan Jones/RB/Eastern Washington
186) Baltimore: Orie Lemon/LB/Oklahoma State
214) Baltimore - from Philadelphia: Jariel King/RT/South Carolina
217) Baltimore: Zane Taylor/C/Utah

Quick Thoughts: This draft is obviously centered around AJ Green. I identified WR as the #1 need for the Ravens and decided to take a proactive approach. The Ravens have always missed out on the #1 WR in the draft and had to settle for 2nd tier guys so I decided to make a big jump. We know how they value draft picks but AJ Green is absolutely a game changer who can be a franchise player. Not having to give up any picks beyond this year I think is a big plus. And While this draft is obviously all about AJ I think some of the other picks are ok. Jeremy Beal has a bit of versatility can play end but also rush the passer. Taiwan Jones at that point is a steal, he might be the top playmaking RB in the draft. The last 3 picks would have to fight for roster spots, but all do fit needs. All in all I decided to stray from the typical Ravens draft of Torrey Smith, Brandon Harris etc, and tried something new. I kina like it.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I cant complain w/ that. But I doubt we make such a big jump up. I wouldnt mind trading to like 15 and getting Julio Jones so we can actually have some mid range picks.

But honestly w/ 2 5th round comps anyone think we may make a trade up. Im not saying something drastic like that but I could see us making a trade up in the early part of the draft.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah just read about the 2 comp picks so yeah I think trading up maybe not all the way to 10 but moving up for a player is definitely in the cards. A move up for Julio, Kerrigan, or even Prince if he falls out of the top 11 could all be possible.

Old 03-26-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

What about Fairley if he slips? Some people think he could play 34 END. I hope we would be all over him

Just looking over scotts Mock he has Torry Smith going 53 to Indy. I could see us going from 58 to the late 40s/early 50s to get him

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 03-26-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 05:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
What about Fairley if he slips? Some people think he could play 34 END. I hope we would be all over him.
I think he'd be ok as a 34 end but I can't see him setting the edge consistently. He is a freakish interior pass rusher but he needs some free roaming. I feel like in a 34 either at NT or DE he might lack some discipline to simply just absorb blocks on some plays. Still though a D-line with him and Ngata would be pretty damn scary. I personally really love Christian Ballard to the Ravens even enough at 26.

Old 03-26-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
thegreatone
Veteran

thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.thegreatone could make a wolverine purr.

I'd really like to hear an explanation on why in the world you would want Ballard in the 1st. I wouldn't even take him in the 2nd. Dude is extremely overrated at the moment.

And Fairley wont be falling out of the top 15 in the worst case scenario.
thegreatone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hows everyone like my new mock?
Old 03-27-2011, 12:34 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
hows everyone like my new mock?
Love Reed, Hankerson, Irving and McElroy
Old 03-27-2011, 06:26 PM    (permalink
drd23
Rookie

drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.drd23 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
My brand new 7 round mock:
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...61#post2564261

Let me know what you think of the Ravens draft, tried something different, here was the Ravens draft:
Like the trade up (even though Im dont think it would happen IRL) however Im not a fan of the rest of the mock.

Count me as one of those who seriously question whether Beal's game can transfer to the NFL. He struggled when bigger OTs could get a lock on him (esp at the Senior Bowl) and he will see far more of them in the NFL. Coupled with his poor combine drill numbers (which showed a lack of explosion and speed which will also make it easier for NFL OTs to nullify him) and I wouldnt take him until the late 5th at best. I'd rather take Curtis Marsh, Kendall Hunter or Sione Fua at #122.

Taiwan Jones isnt a bad pick but there are RBs available later that I like more, like Roy Helu Jr who also dont have the same question marks as Jones (injuries and whether putting one 20lbs will have affected his running).

I dont know much about Orie Lemon but Im not sure if a late round ILB is really the smartest choice seeing as how the team is high on McClain and have brought back both Ellerbe and Gooden. Jake Kirkpatrick would be a better selection at #186.
drd23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

question- are the Ravens allowed to trade their comp picks?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

No we cannot :/
Old 04-07-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Been pretty dead recently.

Should we bring Hoosh back?

I say we should, we are in a win now situation and if Cam got his head out of his ass and used a lot of 4 WR sets w/ Reed,Hoosh,Mason,BOldin then our young talent at WR can develop. I think Reed can become one of the better slot WRs in the league I like his speed and toughness. Though his hands were inconsistent in pre season thats my biggest fear w/ him.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be super against it but I don't think he brings that much really. He would be a #3/4 hopefully. I would rather see a draft pick, or more 2 TE sets instead.

Also I'm pulling for Muhammad Wilkerson to be our 1st pick right now. If they properly develop, a D line with Ngata, Wilkerson and Cody would be beefy. If Kindle can get healthy (huge if) then he could help to pick up some pass rush. Other wise a pass rusher is also a good target.

I also see our pick as a prime spot for a team to trade up to snag one of the QB, so a trade down could be a possibility. It will be harder considering all the rules because of no CBA, so I don't know if teams will be able to work around it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

ya i was thinking too I wouldnt be opposed against a trade down. what do you think we could get. I could see a early to mid 2nd and other stuff. IF a team needs a QB they could easily over pay for our pick
Old 04-07-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who are some guys that you want/like personally? Guys that we could possibly draft.

-FB Owen Marecic Stanford
Love this guy. I got to watch him every game for the past few years and he would fill the FB spot (assuming McClain is gone). He was a key part of some great running game the past two years.

-WR Niles Paul Nebraska
From what I've seen he seems like a tough receiver who would fit in. 4.42 speed wouldn't hurt and he has some return ability.

-OLB Sam Acho Texas
Heard him on the podcast and sounded like a guy with his head on straight. Had a nice day at the combine with the top 3 cone for all DL/LB. Seemed like a good guy and I just hope the best for him.

-OLB Dontay Moch Nevada
He's a guy who people wow over his athletic numbers, but I think that behind those nice times is a guy who actually is a good player. Had some good stats (42 TFL, 15 sacks last 2 years) although it was in the WAC.

-CB Richard Sherman Stanford
More of a 7th-UDFA prospect but he has legit 6-2 size and has some athletic ability. He honestly isn't that great of a CB but he was a converted WR during college and has room to develop as a CB.

Not all premiere players but some guys that I like as players.

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
Old 04-07-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
niel89
All-Pro

Quote:
ya i was thinking too I wouldnt be opposed against a trade down. what do you think we could get. I could see a early to mid 2nd and other stuff. IF a team needs a QB they could easily over pay for our pick
Looking at the order there is a whole bunch of teams in the early to mid 2nd who would need a QB if they didn't get one in the first. #26 is worth 700 pts so if we got a early second we should be looking at getting that teams early third as well, hopefully we could pull maybe a forth/fifth as well.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Draft-Order.php
http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/Value-Chart.php

Quote:

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy