Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 04-20-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.
Default Ravens Draft

Trade: Our 1st rounder for a 2nd (pick 40-45) and a 3rd (72-77), if we get more, yay.

2a) Christian Ballard | DL | Iowa
I am extremely skeptical that our pick in the first there is gonna be someone with good value so a trade back would work well. Ballard has been rumored to the Ravens alot, he is extremely versatile which is a must for our DL. He is strong at the POA, and does a great job working laterally down the LOS. Was overshadowed by Clayborn but is the more versatile and I think better pro with alot of untapped potential.

2b) Jon Baldwin | WR | Pitt.
He has seemed to be dropping down alot of draft boards, so he may be available here. We need a type of player with a physical prescence like him, he can take the top off of a defense, just not in a Mike Wallace way. Gotta love how he catches with his hands and consistantly goes up for them at the highest point, which is really undefendable for a CB. Flacco needs someone to work with and I think Baltimore would be a good situation for him to be sit behind Mason and Boldin, humble him a little and work on his routes.
Other Options: One of the WRs will fall to our pick of Torrey Smith, Leonard Hankerson or Titus Young

3a) Chris Carter | DE/OLB | Fresno St.
Probably my most wanted prospect in the draft, if we get him I will jump for joy as he is gonna outplay his draft value. He is stout, is amazing at running the arc around OTs, and already being a 'short' guy they have a hard time getting good leverage on him. Tough, as shown playing with a cast, and is just relentless and never gives up on getting to the QB. Ozzie and Decosta talk about ravens type players and their red star system, I would label him as one of those players (I know David Reed was last year)

3b) James Brewer | OT | Indiana
Since the offseason has begun he has continued to impress. Was one of the best OL at the Senior Bowl, combine and pro day. He has some injury concerns that I think may drop him to this point (multiple ankle injuries). He does have the feet and strength to anchor at the RT position, for a man his size he does need to work on his strength and also is raw. But again one of my fav prospects.
Other Options: One of the OTs James Carpetner, Marcus Gilbert or Joseph Barksdale

4) Nate Irving | ILB | NC State
When you watch him play its just entertaining and its what you want to see out of a LB, he is nasty, hits hard and is constantly battling. He is the epitomy of playing like a Raven, I think alot of teams may be gunning for him as I think he can fit in alot of different fronts but I hope we are lucky enough to get him.
Other options: Mario Harvey, Kelvin Sheppard, Casey Matthews

Comp. 5) Brandon Fusco | C | Slippery Rock
I was impressed with how well he stood up at the Senior Bowl and I think given time he can easily develop into a starter. Great size and footwork, needs to work on his strength and technique. I have heard the Eagles are in love with him so I hope we beat them to the punch.

Comp. 5) Delone Carter | RB | Syracuse
Built like a tree trunk, runs with a good center of gravity and I have heard people compare him to a stronger, less shifty Ray Rice. We need someone who can pound the pile and work the redzone I think he can do that.There are alot of talented RBs in this draft from rounds 3-5 so I think we may get lucky to have him hear.

6) Chris Culliver | DB | S. Carolina
For only playing on the defensive side for a couple of years he is extremely impressive. As a previous WR he makes good adjustments to the ball and has good hands. He has the size we need for our secondary to improve and I love his potential.

6) Henry Hynoski | FB | Pitt.
He was a sparkplug on the pitt. offense, and alot of it ran through him (literally and metaphorically). He can block, catch and run the ball. Plays with a recklessness and carries that FB mentality. I dont see Willis or Leron coming back so I think we may need an overhaul of the backfield. There are some extremely good FBs on this draft so to land any of them I think will be beneficial.
Other options: Anthony Sherman, Owen Marecic

7) Nathan Enderle | QB | Idaho
We need some insurance behind Flacco, Enderle is a big guy, has good accuracy and has experience in a pro style offense. He may go higher but as of right now I am very iffy where the QBs are gonna fall, is Mallet and Locker gonna go in the 1st, Dalton possibly too, this will all effect where the value at QB will be later on.
Other options: Ricky Stanzi, Pat Devlin, TJ Yates or some QB who is there

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty solid overall mock. I love nabbing Baldwin in the 2nd and I love Chris Carter out of Fresno St. Totally agree with your prediction about him.

I do wish you addressed corner earlier though, it's a lot bigger need than d-line IMHO.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:49 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

I was very annoyed with not putting a CB earlier, one of the guys I was thinking earlier was Davon House, he has the size we need in the secondary.
I am very iffy about going Jimmy Smith though, I think he can be great but I dont want to take the chance, but his skillset is what we need.
Ras I Dowling could be another option, but I am unsure if he has the feet and hips to be an NFL corner..this is why I didnt put a CB earlier but I really want to.

I do really like next years class at CB at this point with:
Dre Kirkpatrick
Stephen Gilmore
Desmond Trufant
Kenny Okoro
Cameron Chism
Neiko Thorpe

While some will have to declare they all have the size we need in the secondary and could be options

Plus I really hope we sign Carr and Wilson, if they do I think we are set in Foxworth, Webb, Wilson and Carr...even if we only sign one of them we have a pretty solid group who played very good near the end..Lastly I think Pagano will scheme much better against our weaknesses, but we do have one weak pass rush right now

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 06:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Fabian; we have no need for, retaining Carr and Wilson will be key and like you said, Pagano's scheme will likely generate much more pressure on opposing QB's, which in turn should help out the corners (+ we get Fox back).