Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-21-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My Forum Mock Performance?

Hey,

I am running the Falcons in the latest forum mock.

So far I have landed Adrian Clayborn, Kyle Rudolph and Cecil Shorts.

What does everyone think? I'm especially interested to hear thoughts on the Shorts pick.

Scott

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I hate the Clayborn pick, Rudolph is a great value pick and a very good prospect.

Personally I like Cecil Shorts, I'd have to see what else was on the boards but just finish strong for us Scott!!!
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 10:43 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of us here arnt fans of Clayborn, simply b/c of a disappointing senior campaign and some minor off the field issues, which over the past 3 seasons seems we dont even remotely consider anyone w/ even the slightest sign of bad character/judgement.

Aside from the actual player, The position is def right on the head, we need a DE that can get after the QB simple as that so pending on opinions and how one evaluates a player, you filled our most pressing need with a player some feel is a top 15 talent.

Absolutely lve Rudolph, really solid TE prospect imo, reminds me alot of Chris Cooly and could be a very solid weapon for Ryan, and given his size can turn into a solid blocker as well, great value, great pick (Curious, was Titus Young, Jernigan or Torrey Smith available here?)

As far as the Cecil pick, I thnk we def will be adding a slot/speed guy to our WR core and Cecil fits that bill, obviously not as hyped up as Young, Jernigan or Cobb, but Im assuming all of those guys were off the board. Given that, some may feel its a slight reach just b/c the guy is from Mount Union, but the guy did perfrom well for his entire college career. Reminds me alot of a faster Piere Garcon and weve seen hows hes panned out in the right situation. Nice pick.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:53 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
As far as the Cecil pick, I thnk we def will be adding a slot/speed guy to our WR core and Cecil fits that bill, obviously not as hyped up as Young, Jernigan or Cobb, but Im assuming all of those guys were off the board. Given that, some may feel its a slight reach just b/c the guy is from Mount Union, but the guy did perfrom well for his entire college career. Reminds me alot of a faster Piere Garcon and weve seen hows hes panned out in the right situation. Nice pick.
I was hoping Jerrel Jernigan might fall to me (I didn't have the ammo to move up) at the end of Round 3 but no such luck so I traded down a half dozen spots, picking up an extra sixth rounder, and nabbed Shorts. I also strongly considered Jeremy Kerley.

Old 04-22-2011, 05:11 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Clayborn is an unpopular pick due to him having health questions and not having the senior year many thought he would. That doesn't mean he's a bad pick, but he makes people nervous. We don't want another 1st round DE disappointment. Rudolph in the 2nd would be great. I have no clue if Shorts is a good pick.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, it seems I feel the opposite of everyone else who posted. I'm fine with the clayborne pick but I'm really leery of taking rudolph. The guy is blessed with talent but can't stay healthy to save his life. Personally, I think you should've gone wr in the 2nd and then get dj williams in the third or perhaps rob housler or cameron jordan in the 4th.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I was hoping Jerrel Jernigan might fall to me (I didn't have the ammo to move up) at the end of Round 3 but no such luck so I traded down a half dozen spots, picking up an extra sixth rounder, and nabbed Shorts. I also strongly considered Jeremy Kerley.
Getting an extra pick out of it makes me happier, try to get Denarius Moore if you can, that guy is $$$ I think he's going to be the overlooked WR this year.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Non-Flacons fan here, I think it looks pretty good so far. Do you have a list of the trades that you did so far and the reasoning behind the trades? I think that would be a key determinant.

For example, your first two selections were at #33 & #34, and Shorts came at #101 at the top of the 4th.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Last edited by niel89 : 04-22-2011 at 04:27 PM.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Clayborn to the Falcons in mine too. I think he is a great value at #27. Rudolph to the Falcons in the second is even better value. I've heard how some people think the Falcons should take him at #27 and you got him in the second round. While I think Cecil is a little bit of a reach, he has the potential to be an impact player and make you look like a genius.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Clayborn, I have to admit for a man his size 280+ he seems to get around tackles but that's with the bull rush and strong hands. I doubt he'll be able to do that in the pros and Clayborn doesn't have a quick first step which means he won't do much in the pros.This is the reason Falcs fans really don't want Clayborn. If Ingram fell I would take him and it is possible the Falcs go the safe route and draft Rudolph.

As for Shorts I think he is a combo receiver (slot/no2 type) which would be good. He isn't getting the media attention like Jernigan or Young but I think will surprise.This draft is deep in slot receivers but seems to be lacking in no2 types or combo types. If it means filling a hole like OLB or def end (Acho) in the 2nd and the Falcs get Shorts in the 3rd that would be fine.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Just snagged Kentucky RB Derrick Locke in Round 6 to compliment Michael Turner and compete for the return job(s). Still have another 6th and 7th Round pick left to go.

Any suggestions in terms of position?

Old 04-23-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

What players have been taken so far for the Falcons?
Old 04-23-2011, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

I got Clayborn, Rudolph, Shorts and Locke.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Thanks Scott. At this point OLB is a big need but I would go with BPA that is off tackle,center,OLB, nickel.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just snagged Kentucky RB Derrick Locke in Round 6 to compliment Michael Turner and compete for the return job(s). Still have another 6th and 7th Round pick left to go.

idk how locke lasted till the 6th, awesome pick
Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only needs left I can think of is linebacker and depth at safety... also considering the Falcon's poor track record with DE's taken in the first round you may want to add another DE just to be safe.

Last edited by FTRWRTR : 04-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is the best pick you have made.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I got Clayborn, Rudolph, Shorts and Locke.
What happened to your 4th and 5th rounders?

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
What happened to your 4th and 5th rounders?
I had to deal around to land Rudolph. I wound up with the #33 and #34 picks.

BTW, it looks like I may get a good linebacker at the end of Round 6!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Where is this draft located at so I can follow it? I've looked around the site but some how missed it.Thanks
Old 04-24-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
Where is this draft located at so I can follow it? I've looked around the site but some how missed it.Thanks

Old 04-24-2011, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Thanks Scott. I have to day I can't disagree with any of your picks. I saw Jaq Rodgers went in the 5th and I think will be a steal. Locke is a nive change of pace back. The Pats cleaned up in this mock draft.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kris Durham in the 7th.

Come on, do it...do it.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Just made my latest pick near the end of Round 6: Doug Hogue, OLB, Syracuse

Old 04-25-2011, 07:42 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

I think overall it will play out nicely, and fairly realistic.

Interesting you ended up with 33 and 34, that could be something exciting if it could happen in real life too! Doug Hogue is a real nice pickup for a 6th round linebacker.