Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
jared3
Rookie

jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jared3 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Colts draft

The Colts have got to do a much better job at drafting this year if they want to make the playoffs in 2011. I think the biggest needs for Colts are OL, secondary, return game, and DT. Plus lets hope, the Colts can get some more production from DE Jerry Hughes, WR Anthony Gonzalez, G Jacques McClendon, and CB Kevin Thomas this season.

My realistic 3 round mock:

1st round prospects:

1. OT Nate Solder, Colorado. Seems to fit the Colts system. A very good pass blocker. Decent run blocker. Has good foot speed for a man of his size.

2. OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin. A tough run blocker that will more than likely be a RT in the NFL. Bill Polian likes Big 10 players, so this seems like a possibility.

3. FS Rahim Moore, UCLA A speedy ball hawk that led the nation in INTs two years ago.

4. G Stefen Wisniewski, Penn St. He played RG last year for the Nittany Lions. From what I saw of SW, he did a very good job at pushing the pile. Last year, I remember coach Jon Gruden raving about his run blocking skills.

5. Mike Pouncey, Florida. People say he is not his brother, but still is a solid OL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2nd round prospects:

1. OT Marcus Gilbert, Florida. A solid tackle that is battle tested after playing in the SEC.

2. CB Ras I-Dowling, Virginia. A tall physical corner thats in the mold of ex Colt, Marlin Jackson. Dowling, missed most of last year with a leg injury.

3. CB Brandon Burton, Utah. A good sized corner from the Mountain West that displayed good cover skills from what I saw.

4. S Jaiquawn Jarrett, Temple. A buddy of mine who is an actual ref for the MAC football conference says this guy is unknown but is very good. I will take his word for it and this is a possibility since Indy loses secondary players year after year.

5. G Rodney Hudson, Florida St. Considerd one the better guards in the country last year. From what I saw of him on film, his feet look good and he can run block.

6. WR Torrey Smith, Maryland. I am only throwing this name out there because we all know Polian likes his Wide receivers.

7. G Clint Boling, Georgia. A good run blocking guard from the SEC.

8. WR/KR Randall Cobb. We all know Bill Polian loves wide receivers. Plus everybody in Colts country knows our kick return game stinks. Do not be suprised if the Colts take this Brad Smith (Jets) type of player to help the special teams.

9. DT Drake Nevis. A smallish but quick DT in the mold of Amobi Okoye (Texans).

10. OLB Bruce Carter. A great athlete and is very fast.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Round 3 prospects:

1. DT Jerell Powe, Ole Miss
2. SS Tyler Sash, Iowa
3. G John Moffitt, Wisconsin
4. SS Ahmad Black, Florida
5. OT/RT James Carpenter, Alabama
6. DT Jarvis Jenkins, Clemson

Who I think the Colts will draft:

1 OT Nate Solder, Colorado..Peyton needs better protection.

2 WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky. The Colts need HELP in the special teams department. The team average start position last year was at the 22 yard line.

3. SS Tyler Sash, Iowa. With Melvin Bullitt being a Free agent, Sanders is gone, I definately see a safety being drafted within the first three rounds.

Last edited by jared3 : 04-24-2011 at 03:22 PM.
jared3 is offline   Reply With Quote