Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Which position would you prefer to draft in round 1?
OT 3 17.65%
WR 2 11.76%
OLB 5 29.41%
DE 3 17.65%
CB 4 23.53%
RB with KR/PR skills 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2011, 08:29 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Draft: What position would you like in round 1?

We all have differing opinions on what position we should go in round 1, assuming there are BPA at each of these positions that are of equal grades.

That being said, if you could get the right player at the position, which position would you like us to draft to close out round 1?
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 11:35 AM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

id say OLB would be my first choice. But my second would be WR.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:31 PM    (permalink
CheeseKnuckles
Rookie

CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CheeseKnuckles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why didn't you put LS as a possible outcome?
CheeseKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Smash28Dash34
Rookie

Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smash28Dash34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CB is 1st for me. WR would be next.
Smash28Dash34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the balance of the votes.

I chose OT because we're just one OT injury away from potential-disaster.
The problem with that is that I don't like most of the OTs in this class.
I vividly recall hearing the reports from the practice week of the Senior Bowl (or was it the Shrine) where Costanzo, Solder, and Carimi were routinely getting beaten like drums.

This crop of DL>OT.

But maybe there are some gems Teddy will find in the middle rounds who can play OT.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted CB but id be equally as happy with an OLB. BPA would be our best option out of those choices, but in the end it really doesnt matter... TT will likely surprise us all and usually we end up with someone pretty good.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I voted CB but id be equally as happy with an OLB. BPA would be our best option out of those choices, but in the end it really doesnt matter... TT will likely surprise us all and usually we end up with someone pretty good.
Exactly. I doubt many of us were jumping for joy when Nick Collins from Bethune Cookman was announced, or Greg Jennings from WesternCentral Michigan, or Joshua Sitton from Central Florida, or when Clay Matthews name was announced after the trade up.

I remember the reaction at the Atrium Draft Party... most Packer fans were shocked! It wasn't a celebration of a great pick.

Now it is. In Ted we Trust.

Nice hooters in the avy PackerLegend. Now I know where my missing two grapefruits went!
Old 04-23-2011, 07:15 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the need/value will be there, but I'd have a hard time getting excited about a d-lineman. Whoever we get, it'd likely still be a downgrade over Cullen Jenkins. And, I like CJ Wilson and have faith in Mike Neal.

I'd love it if TT was in love with Brooks Reed right now. It'd just be fun to watch him play next to CM3 for the next decade.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 03:06 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Exactly. I doubt many of us were jumping for joy when Nick Collins from Bethune Cookman was announced, or Greg Jennings from WesternCentral Michigan, or Joshua Sitton from Central Florida, or when Clay Matthews name was announced after the trade up.

Hey, I was stoked when they got Jennings. I liked him the most out of the top crop of WR's and felt his style of play fit well in GB.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I said OT, because a tackle of the future is the biggest need.

The team is ARod. Keeping him upright for the next decade should be priority #1. Bulaga looks like a keeper at one side, let's find a bookend for him. Plus as J-Mike said, we're pretty thin there. One injury could be a disaster.

OLB would be my second choice, but I'm a little more iffy on it than I used to be. Zombo/Walden played pretty decently last year. Brad Jones was a projected starter before going down. Plus, I like the options in the mid rounds at 34 OLB too. Don't think it's as pressing as some believe.

DE would be third. The 34 DE class is good, but it get's pretty thin. I've noticed that in my 2 forum mocks I've done. That position dries up a lot quicker than OT or OLB IMO. However, we have our starters set. Cullen could still come back (unlikely though) and I think CJ Wilson and Wynn are decent developing backups. I'd be all for taking a DE if someone fell, like Heyward but I wouldn't go into the draft targeting it early.

WR and RB/KR are smallish needs, but ehhh definitely not a round 1 need IMO.
Guard is a sleeper though. Colledge is probably gone. If we really think Danny Watkins is a stud, and all of our other options are gone, why not? We're built to win now. Age isn't a massive concern.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:56 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was stoked to get Clay Matthews. If you saw him his senior year, you would have been too. Jennings also had crazy good stats in college. Sitton had a solid profile and was a 4th rounder. In the 4th round, no player surprises me. Not even a punter, though I prefer not to get one in the draft if possible.

For this draft, I'm good with BPA, whether it's OLB Houston, DE Reed or if a CB or OT falls to 32 worth picking. I'd like Aaron Williams if he were available all things being equal, or maybe moving up to get Brandon Harris if he slid to the mid-20's.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also love Brandon Harris...but we're not taking him. He's too short for TT. I don't think he goes in the first round anyways.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Little surprised that people want CB round 1. Peterson and Amukamara will be gone, Harris is too short for TT so the only other potential round 1 player they'd consider at the position would surely be Jimmy Smith - with reports he's now sorting out his character flags, is it realistic to think he'll be there?
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 09:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coombser View Post
Little surprised that people want CB round 1. Peterson and Amukamara will be gone, Harris is too short for TT so the only other potential round 1 player they'd consider at the position would surely be Jimmy Smith - with reports he's now sorting out his character flags, is it realistic to think he'll be there?
And Smith will most likely be gone before us anyway.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
I know the need/value will be there, but I'd have a hard time getting excited about a d-lineman. Whoever we get, it'd likely still be a downgrade over Cullen Jenkins. And, I like CJ Wilson and have faith in Mike Neal.

I'd love it if TT was in love with Brooks Reed right now. It'd just be fun to watch him play next to CM3 for the next decade.
this. i would love to see brooks reed. reading his bio that scott posted it seems like he has a similar game to clay's coming out. well if i remember right they both have bad use of the hands. which is correctable. both possess a motor from hell. both have the lovely golden locks that ted seems to love to draft also. i hope he makes it to 32.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNall4MVP
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
cuzifelt1ikeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Coombser
Rookie

Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.Coombser is a cocksman.

Quote:
And Smith will most likely be gone before us anyway.
Which is exactly my point!
Coombser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 02:07 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Why isn't OT at the top of everyone's list?

Think injury:
We can survive them at LB. We won without Woodson, as Shields and Tramon are good and young.

But look at our #3 & #4 OTs. That's dead meat. And that's the protection for the franchize.

Anyone remember what happened in 2009 first 8 games when we were missing one of our starting OTs? Rodgers almost died. And we made Jared Allen look like....... Clay Matthews.
Old 04-24-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.cuzifelt1ikeit could make a wolverine purr.

didnt we do alright this year though when we were missing our OT's?

and theres no sizzle in picking an OT

Quote:
Why isn't OT at the top of everyone's list?

Think injury:
We can survive them at LB. We won without Woodson, as Shields and Tramon are good and young.

But look at our #3 & #4 OTs. That's dead meat. And that's the protection for the franchize.

Anyone remember what happened in 2009 first 8 games when we were missing one of our starting OTs? Rodgers almost died. And we made Jared Allen look like....... Clay Matthews.

Quote:
biigest mistake packers ever make was geting rid of craig nall he beter then bret faver
Old 04-24-2011, 08:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuzifelt1ikeit View Post
didnt we do alright this year though when we were missing our OT's?
How many games did Clifton, the critical LEFT tackle, miss?
If (when) he goes down, it hurts a lot right now because Bulaga probably moves to LEFT tackle, where he's not as good, and then we stick someone unproven at RIGHT tackle..... that's a scenario I don't like with Arod back there.

When our timing is off with the pass-pro, we're not great.

We had trouble scoring vs the Bears twice, at Detroit, at the Jets, at Washington, and vs Miami. When Rodgers gets time, he can't be stopped. When he's on his back, it's not good.

I agree about there not being a sizzling OT prospect though, but Ted might find us one.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
cuzifelt1ikeit
Veteran

Quote:
How many games did Clifton, the critical LEFT tackle, miss?
If (when) he goes down, it hurts a lot right now because Bulaga probably moves to LEFT tackle, where he's not as good, and then we stick someone unproven at RIGHT tackle..... that's a scenario I don't like with Arod back there.

When our timing is off with the pass-pro, we're not great.

We had trouble scoring vs the Bears twice, at Detroit, at the Jets, at Washington, and vs Miami. When Rodgers gets time, he can't be stopped. When he's on his back, it's not good.

I agree about there not being a sizzling OT prospect though, but Ted might find us one.
no such thing as a sizzling ot prospect haha. no such thing as a sizzle OL pick.

oh thats what it was.. right tackle. i wasnt sure. seems like the season was forever ago. years since the superbowl too.

Quote: