Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
You seem to contradict yourself. You say he won't be an impact player, but you also say your gut is telling you that Gocong will do something special. I think we both expect the same thing: solid overall play and some big plays from the SAM LB spot. Gocong is that player who will deliver.
The first sentence in that post says I ALSO think he will be an impact player.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, whatever. We agree. Gocong will help the defense in a variety of ways in 2007. Of course, it is dependent upon other draft picks and his health.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do agree, I really hope he is able to do what we are thinking he is capable of.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:03 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Takeo in the mix that will give us a lot of freedom to use Gocong in a variety of ways. Having that freedom will really make our defense diverse and effective.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
With Takeo in the mix that will give us a lot of freedom to use Gocong in a variety of ways. Having that freedom will really make our defense diverse and effective.
I can't wait. Depending on how this off-season works out, we may have a solid group of LBs for the first time in a long time. I still think we will draft a LB early though, becuase Spikes is over 30, and isn't getting any younger. Our defense could be very diverse a deceptive next year witht this acqisition and the development of the rest of out LBs. Spikes could play either of the OLB spots for us, so just wait to see what we can do.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel very comfortable about our LB's this year. Gaither really looked good last year, Trotter had a down year but I think he will be effective again assuming he doesn't get bombarded with blockers now that Darwin Walker won't be starting, plus Gaither and Spikes will take some of the pressure off of him by getting the sidelines and letting Trott do what he does best, anchoring the middle. Our defense has a lot of potential next season.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Yes it does, I can finally see a successful defense and offense at the same time. The Eagles have the potential to have a top 5 offense and defense next year.

Old 03-28-2007, 08:57 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I feel very comfortable about our LB's this year. Gaither really looked good last year, Trotter had a down year but I think he will be effective again assuming he doesn't get bombarded with blockers now that Darwin Walker won't be starting, plus Gaither and Spikes will take some of the pressure off of him by getting the sidelines and letting Trott do what he does best, anchoring the middle. Our defense has a lot of potential next season.
Trott will have to man the middle and be a force there because his knees won't let him run sideline to sideline anymore. He has 1, maybe 2 productive years left. 2007 is almost definitely his last year as an Eagle. I will miss him as a leader and a playmaker, but he simply cannot do what he used to anymore. He is a 2-down player and cannot play in sub-packages. Adding Spikes takes pressure off Trotter in the Nickel and Dime packages, and it also allows him to stay put, which is what Cunningham already said.

Gocong will be like a mini Weapon-X. I have a good feeling about him.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

We will have so much versatility with our defense, and with the acqisition of Spikes, I am loving it. I can't wait to see what Gocong can do as well.