Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-05-2011, 08:42 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Already pre-ordered. Can't wait. 2011 was my favorite sports game in a while. Anyone interested in an online dynasty once it comes out?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:43 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt do a multi team online dynasty bc I like to be able to play a game every night and go at my own pace. Well I did to a online dynasty last year, but it was a one person one so I could recruit and look at all the stats online. I might give it another try this year if we can get some people on here.

Who all is on the ps3?

Is anyone else already planed out what formations the are gonna use in custom playbooks?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:27 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I didnt do a multi team online dynasty bc I like to be able to play a game every night and go at my own pace. Well I did to a online dynasty last year, but it was a one person one so I could recruit and look at all the stats online. I might give it another try this year if we can get some people on here.

Who all is on the ps3?

Is anyone else already planed out what formations the are gonna use in custom playbooks?
Why not do both?

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Why not do both?
That's always my plan, but then I get started on my single player dynasty and I get so hooked on it that I don't wanna do anything else.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how many people are down for the dynasty on 360? PS3?
Old 05-06-2011, 12:36 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really starting to get excited about this title early. The fact that they're finally implementing real zone coverage and changing up the plays at the point of contact is exciting a step forward for sure.

The visual improvements look great thus far too. I'm not real big on the presentation factor, so I suppose that one is a bit lost on me...I'll probably just end up skipping most of those after the first time or two anyway, unless I want to make it more cinematic for a big game or something of that nature.

The one thing I'm really interested in hearing about and hoping for some kind of change with is recruiting. Although many people liked the way it worked last year, I still felt like it was a complete grind and generally not worth the effort you put into it if you were playing off line. Don't get me wrong, building your team and competing for prospects is great, but spending 30+ minutes per week pitching the same thing over and over again and rolling the thing is just flat out boring to me. They need to find a way to give the overall system more depth without it just being a flat out grind. More pitches isn't the answer here, although it would be nice to see some things like system fit in the game and behave realistically. It's also kind of ******** that you stand on the same plane as a small school as you do with a program like USC. Schools like that aren't going to recruit the same way or with the same approach even.

The only other major gripe I have with the EA titles right now is physics. There's no reason that sports titles shouldn't behave realistically in that regard. The NCAA team has really put a lot of effort into their animation and have ended up putting out better ones than their internal competitors, but I really feel like some kind of physics system would put it over the top. Look at Back Breaker. The game was actually pretty terrible, but the hits look great and behave realistically. It also would have practical, in game applications. Ever played someone who puts a strong defensive back at DE? You can put a 160 pound CB at that spot and the game will treat it the exact same way as they would with a 300 pound DT if the stats are the same on paper...which is complete crap.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down to do one for PS3.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i wish they'd bring back the passing cone. that was by far my favorite thing EA has added in *years* to either game. no more sprinting right and throwing strikes back across the field. some ability to actually play DB realistically, but also to draw coverage off. mid play hot routes. thing was awesome.
Critically panned though. I didn't mind it much personally, as a concept at least. It wasn't the most intuitive thing in the world, though. If they could get it to the point where it was as easy to control as it is to actually scan the field when you're throwing, I would be down, but it took way to long to go through the progressions even if you were quick.

Honestly, I still don't see a football game that got down the concept of reading defenses as well as NFL Fever did.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2011, 02:21 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Already pre-ordered. Can't wait. 2011 was my favorite sports game in a while. Anyone interested in an online dynasty once it comes out?
Most definitely!

There are definitely things that I think would make this game so amazing, that they have yet to add. They could do sooo much with the recruiting to make the dynasty that much better. Just something small like Oregon being able to use their uniforms or their sponsors as a tool? just little stuff that each school has as a major recruiting tool.

I really wish you could create prospects on the online dynastys. I love creating prospects for my system in my personal dynasties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The vision cone? Was that ever in NCAA? I dont even recall. I loved it in Madden, actually.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
The vision cone? Was that ever in NCAA? I dont even recall. I loved it in Madden, actually.
I could not stand the Quarterback vision thing in Madden.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was actually really good at it. Felt fluid to me, since I always go through all my progression normally anyway. I know a lot of people that hated it, though. I remember I had a franchise with my dad, and he would always point the cone one way, and throw another. He could never grasp it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-06-2011, 03:01 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
I was actually really good at it. Felt fluid to me, since I always go through all my progression normally anyway. I know a lot of people that hated it, though. I remember I had a franchise with my dad, and he would always point the cone one way, and throw another. He could never grasp it.
Yeah, I just never liked it because it seemed like too much going on.

I try to make sure my passes are realistic anyways. I always try to keep from rolling one way and throwing all the way across the field. Seems like it leads to nothing but picks anyways so Ive always tried to not do that lol.

Quote:
Old 05-06-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Thats always the toughest. You gotta find recruits who you are higher on your list because its hard to recruit against 4 or 5 guys haha. We have some epic battles on ours every year.
it's too bad none of my friends give a damn about football/even own ncaa 12.
will be starting/joining an online dynasty for 12 for sure. (360)
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Victory X
Rookie

Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Victory X is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pac-12 dynasty anyone?
Victory X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Things I would like to see EA do.

- Add euphoria animation engine
- no warp tackling
- make zone coverage usable
- Pass-Rushing needs to be more in depth/fluid...... maybe add a burst feature to D-lineman...original pass rush moves (example: make Haloti Ngata feel different to use compared to Dwight Freeny.. other than speed)
- Ability to lead receivers (NFL Fever)
- Make press coverage worth using with certain players.
- Maybe bring back hot streaks with players.... (example: when Ed Reed is on a hot streak give him ability to see his mans route... when Ray Lewis is on his, give him a higher percentage of hurting a player or forcing a fumble.)
-Improve the return game. Really think madden could make it feel smoother if they gave it two shits.
- FIX ******* LBER FORCE POWERS. ex. njx said the 500 foot vertical.. the interception over the middle when they are not even paying attention to the pass.
-bring back running styles.
-Make certain players more prone to penalties (cortland finnegan, flozell adams)
- Add a clutch feature (make Peyton harder to play with in the post season)

and that is just gameplay stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:57 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Supposedly, warp tackling and warp anything has been killed with fire. I'll believe it when I play it, personally. That's one thing they really need to get rid of hardcore though, any sort of warping.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2011, 08:03 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that bothered me about the last NCAA was that if I played as a DE sometimes my guy would just collapse on the spot instead of actually diving at the QB. Hope that's fixed. Or maybe it's just me and I'm stupid.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
One thing that bothered me about the last NCAA was that if I played as a DE sometimes my guy would just collapse on the spot instead of actually diving at the QB. Hope that's fixed. Or maybe it's just me and I'm stupid.
That's canned animations my friend...and they should go the way of the dinosaur for sure.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

They killed the QB sneak last year. They fixing that?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-06-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They killed the QB sneak last year. They fixing that?
glad they did. it was a 90% TD at the 1 when you used it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
glad they did. it was a 90% TD at the 1 when you used it.
My main problem with it was I felt like I had zero control over it.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:59 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

You just sort of fell forward, yeah.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-06-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
You just sort of fell forward, yeah.
My guess is they just felt it was too big of a weapon and there was no real way to provide a defensive counter to it without revamping the entire defensive half of the game, physics included. so they just said screw it, we won't let it be good for any more than a yard, if that.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:37 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
My guess is they just felt it was too big of a weapon and there was no real way to provide a defensive counter to it without revamping the entire defensive half of the game, physics included. so they just said screw it, we won't let it be good for any more than a yard, if that.
Yeah...Luckily, physics should be coming in the next console generation, for better or worse(at least it's not complacency). EA already did it to very good results with their NHL game. Unfortunately, they also tried it with their NBA title and it was disastrously horrible and didn't end up getting released. Still, I am looking forward to it. What I'm not looking forward to is waiting for all the features to come back after stripping them away in favor of new gameplay changes, like with the first few PS3/360 titles they put out. Hopefully they just cut the **** and don't make that same mistake this time though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau