Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-07-2011, 04:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
glad they did. it was a 90% TD at the 1 when you used it.
Meh. They could have found some other way of tweaking it, rather than your QB just automatically diving for 0 yards every time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 11:02 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA destroyed Madden last year. First time i ever returned Madden. NCAA was outstanding. Myself and two buddies have gone years into our ACC dynasty. Great game that I can't wait for.

Somewhat off topic, but whether it be Madden or NCAA, my friends and i are looking for a same team dynasty mode that we can play through. What I mean is along the lines of the teamplay Madden that they did last year where one guy is QB/DL, on is RB/LB, etc. Even just playing CPU in this mode would be great. I'm hoping one evolves this same team gameplay to another level. It is great to play with buddies in this mode and go through a season...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:43 PM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If I get it imported which it looks like I have to do I assume I can still play online with US guys and stuff, if so count me in for the dynasty, definately getting this years version after hearing good stuff about it before (never owned an NCAA game) - on the PS3 btw.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:11 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im most def in for an online dynasty on PS3... let me know

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know when they will update teambuilder?

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Anyone know when they will update teambuilder?
They should be some new info out this week the only thing we have seen so far is leaked screen shot that says "teambuilder roster share". I'm hoping for some new features to team builder as its not been touched in a few years.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:31 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's only existed for two years IIRC.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:27 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK_Cheesehead View Post
If I get it imported which it looks like I have to do I assume I can still play online with US guys and stuff, if so count me in for the dynasty, definately getting this years version after hearing good stuff about it before (never owned an NCAA game) - on the PS3 btw.
I had to create a US psn account and imagine it will still go down that route, as they dont release the game out here they wont be supporting it outside the US. But it works fine, this year was my first NCAA year and unless Madden blows up i'll be sticking to it, teambuilder is too immense.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:53 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EA has officially confirmed Custom Playbooks

Below is quotes from people who have played the game when the invited people from the community the past few months.

Quote:
Let me say the obvious first... the footage we saw from the video was from the game. However, it was a bit dated... you can lookup some of the games that come across the bottom ticker to get an idea. As well, they are from two different dates, one from early March and I believe the other from early April.

That said, here are some of the facts, you can create as many as 15 offensive AND 15 defensive playbooks (though that number was just tossed out but the limit should be relatively high). You can have as many as 40 formations in your playbook with 377 total plays... goalline & special teams come with every playbook (can't remove), I think that's where the 377 comes from (ie 400-23 goalline/special teams plays). You start by choosing a base playbook, and then add and remove to your hearts extent from there. Any/all plays are available to pick from... I believe hidden formations (ex. Emory & Henry) come as a separate formation but not 100% on that.

Quote:
To sum up my thoughts on it, from everything I saw and tested, they pretty much nailed everything I would have asked for in a Custom Playbooks integration.
Quote:
I'll throw this out there because I know it will be asked. Are the custom playbooks available online/OD? Yes

Quote:
Also, I found this to be pretty handy, but your Custom Playbooks will show up after the Z's and before the A's in the order at the team selection screen. I think this is handier than alphabetical order because it will group all of your custom playbooks back-to-back so you can easily go from one to the other (when you have defaulted one of your custom playbooks as your default playbook).
Quote:
Yes you can tweak a base playbook like Oklahoma and save it as your own.
Quote:
For me, I might like a base defense, but may want to add some of the new 4-2-5 plays into the mix, so that's where I will find it to be beneficial to me.

One of the cool features in Custom Playbooks is the ability to reorder the plays within that formation. The interface and process of doing so were very well done. So if you want your favorite three plays right there when you enter the formation when calling a play...you can.
Old 05-09-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
EA has officially confirmed Custom Playbooks

Below is quotes from people who have played the game when the invited people from the community the past few months.

No more searching through 100's of playbooks to find the perfect one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Custom playbooks is a nice addition. I still miss create a play though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
They should be some new info out this week the only thing we have seen so far is leaked screen shot that says "teambuilder roster share". I'm hoping for some new features to team builder as its not been touched in a few years.
I hoping they add these features to Team Builder:
- Pride stickers
- Change mascot colors
- 2 more alternate jerseys that can be home or away(user chooses)
- Matte finish helmet and camo helmet
- Customize stadium colors
- Numbers actually show up on helmet if you select it.

Old 05-09-2011, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I hoping they add these features to Team Builder:
- Pride stickers
- Change mascot colors
- 2 more alternate jerseys that can be home or away(user chooses)
- Matte finish helmet and camo helmet
- Customize stadium colors
- Numbers actually show up on helmet if you select it.
you could get the camo helmet last year. Army had a camo helmet to choose.....just FYI :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:10 AM    (permalink
UK_Cheesehead
Veteran

UK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairUK_Cheesehead is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
I had to create a US psn account and imagine it will still go down that route, as they dont release the game out here they wont be supporting it outside the US. But it works fine, this year was my first NCAA year and unless Madden blows up i'll be sticking to it, teambuilder is too immense.
Nice one, I'll drop you a PM when it's out and I've got it.
UK_Cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 09:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I expect some new info out about NCAA this week since Madden is getting the francshise blog on monday and NCAA comes out like 5 weeks before Madden.

Also if anyone wants I can email them the playbook spreadsheet from last year it has a full list of formations in it.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Are you aching for more information on NCAA Football 12? Well, the wait ends tomorrow. The developer behind the annual dose of school spirit is going to swing by IGN Wednesday, May 11th, and take on me (IGN's Greg Miller) and my Missouri Tigers. We'll be streaming the event in this very article -- so bookmark the URL -- and you'll be able to ask questions for the developer in the comments below and by Tweeting at @IGN with #ncaa12.

What: NCAA Football 12 Live Stream
When: Wednesday, May 11th
Time: 3:30 p.m. PST
Where: Right here on IGN.com

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1167153p1.html
Old 05-11-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
you could get the camo helmet last year. Army had a camo helmet to choose.....just FYI :)
I know but I mean one that you can edit and add your logo or stripe to like the Baylor and Ohio State ones

Old 05-12-2011, 08:49 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

This is all confirmed stuff that I got out of the chat
- Dynamic attendance is in
-No Dynamic weather throughout game
-New Camera Angle they couldn't talk about (probably broadcast)
-One length of dreads
-No expanded rosters. Still set at 70.
-No crowd specific attire such as white outs or blackouts or anything like that
-He said only 120 teams were in the game so im assuming no FCS teams
-Dynasty info will be coming out later this month
-RTG info will be coming out around E3.
-He did say CPU Qb's will scramble a bit more if appropriate (I dont buy that though)
- In online dynasty you can advance from your computer which you can still do recruiting
- You can call plays in supersim

Last edited by georgiafan : 05-12-2011 at 11:11 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like that coordinators have effects on the ball game now. Sweet.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I like that coordinators have effects on the ball game now. Sweet.
after going back I think he was talking about OC/DC in real life
Old 05-12-2011, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ooooo well then... that's less fun

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn I had forgotten to complain about it but I did want rosters expanded from 70 to 85.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:11 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The roster thing is extremely disappointing and unfortunate. They DO have room on the disc for it...The game came in at 1.84 GB's last year, which leaves a whole ton of room.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 05-12-2011, 05:50 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably a balance issue more than anything. Also, if you're increasing the roster sizes, you have to significantly change the way recruiting is done... I always give them the benefit of the doubt on that one. I usually have some ****** team, so I don't ever have the roster size issues anyway.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I was hoping for exactly the kind of recruiting and player development changes that would force the roster size upgrade too :(

Plus, it's kind of a bummer to see that key players get left off the rosters all the time due to limitations.

R.I.P. Junior Seau