Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-10-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the date is not true.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9042.html

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a crock of **** this entire situation has been. I don't even care that it got hacked, just put the f'ing thing back up.
Old 05-10-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Apparently the date is not true.

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/9042.html
I guess that the 31st isnt completely true but there have been other sites that have posted similar dates.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6312969...3Bheadline%3B3

Quote:
Yesterday, Sony said it expects to have the PlayStation Network "fully" restored by the end of the month. However, the company is scrambling to get some functionality back online as soon as possible, and today, it offered a brief update on its progress.

"I know you all want to know exactly when the services will be restored," said Sony Computer Entertainment America's senior director of corporate communications and social media Patrick Seybold on the PlayStation Blog. "At this time, I can't give you an exact date, as it will likely be at least a few more days. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience as we work through this process."
Old 05-10-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never even used PSN, thankfully. I was just going to use it for downloadable content, but have been lazy getting it all hooked up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read something before that said you can't keep anything you download during the free Playstation Plus period.. unless you use it for discounts on games and such. So once that month is up, your downloads go away. That's the way I understand it anyways.
Old 05-10-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I read something before that said you can't keep anything you download during the free Playstation Plus period.. unless you use it for discounts on games and such. So once that month is up, your downloads go away. That's the way I understand it anyways.
That would be correct. The free month everyone is going to recieve of PS + is just a way to try and get you to subscribe. Its slimy but its all about money. Basically if you use PS+ you are just renting all the free games that they choose to give to you. Once your subscription runs out you can no longer play them unless you renew your subscription. So by giving everyone a free month is less of a "welcome back" and more of a once this runs out maybe they will spend money and subsribe to continue playing those games.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher

Last edited by PackerLegend : 05-10-2011 at 11:46 PM.
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will lose like a legit Billion dollars from getting the network shutdown. They are not ready to give away free ****, more than anything, they want to make up for money lost. Most likely will cut down on advertising and try to get people to sign up for ******** just so they can meet their "corporation goals".

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has got to be in the top 5 of biggest fails in video game history.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was the hack because of Sony going after GeoHot and everyone who used his jailbreak deal?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Was the hack because of Sony going after GeoHot and everyone who used his jailbreak deal?
Sony claims its a cyber group called Anonymous that hacked into their system after Sony went after Geohot.

Anonymous said they were going to hack Sony's websites in response to the lawsuit but they claim to have not caused the PSN outage.

Sony still claims its Anonymous that caused the outage or at least "Rogue Anonymous Members" and has some branch of the FBI trying to track down the culprits.

Last edited by ImBrotherCain : 05-11-2011 at 10:19 AM.
ImBrotherCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anonymous and 4chan have some sort of connection don't they?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:55 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I'm on chapter 17 of like 26 on Uncharted 2 and its defnetly lived up to the hype. I've been going slow on this bc I knew as soon as I got into this I would just wanna played the U3. The graphics in this game just blow me away. It's so much better then the first one which I also enjoyed.

whats your top 5 fav. ps3 games?
Old 05-11-2011, 11:06 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top 5 for me, in no particular order:

NFL Head Coach 09
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto 4
Tiger Woods Golf (no particular year)

Damn, I can't really think of a 5th. I actually bought my PS3 in part so I could play God of War 3 but I was pretty disappointed with it.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-11-2011, 11:20 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was a little disapointed in head coach I loved the off season, but for some reason the game play just never got me hooked. I just recently went back and started up a dynasty again so maybe I'll enjoy it more this time.

Surprised you had trouble finding a 5th with all the great ps3 exclusive titles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Top 5 for me, in no particular order:

NFL Head Coach 09
Red Dead Redemption
Grand Theft Auto 4
Tiger Woods Golf (no particular year)

Damn, I can't really think of a 5th. I actually bought my PS3 in part so I could play God of War 3 but I was pretty disappointed with it.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I was a little disapointed in head coach I loved the off season, but for some reason the game play just never got me hooked. I just recently went back and started up a dynasty again so maybe I'll enjoy it more this time.

Surprised you had trouble finding a 5th with all the great ps3 exclusive titles.
I just don't game as much as I used to. The upside here is that I will have a long time to discover games that I just never got around to playing, well after they've gone on sale for dirt cheap. I hardly ever buy new games anymore.

I love the offseason and free agents and all that stuff in HC. But the actual gameplay does ruin it some. A game can even be going well and then suddenly the 3rd string QB starts throwing frozen rope TDs from 40 yards and I get so pissed.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-11-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirt 3 looks to be another solid game this year.Can't wait for it in a week or so.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 12:51 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Here are my top 5 fav for ps3

1. NCAA football '11
2. Uncharted 2
3. Resitance 2
4. Mafia 2
5. Red Dead Redemption

Heavy Rain is a very close 6th
Old 05-11-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite exclusives would include...

Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Resistence
Resistence 2
inFAMOUS
Heavy Rain
God of War Collection
God of War 3
The Show

They havent released any big titles I like recently...but the PS2 does have a very strong exclusive lineup.

And there is always Metal Gear Solid 4, the Killzone franchise, Little Big Planet franchise (I dont like it), Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo, inFAMOUS 2, the Ratchet and Clank Franchise, the Sly Collection, the Yakuza franchise.

Plus there are a bunch of new exclusive IPs set to be announced at E3 next month. And a bunch of our favorite PS2 games will be coming out as HD remakes as well.

My 5 favorite games/series from any game platform would be...

1. Shenmue series
2. Mass Effect series
3. Fallout 3
4. Dead Space series
5. Indigo Prophecy

I can flip this all the time, though. With the likes of Bioshock, Assassins Creed, the original Dragon Age, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, etc.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-11-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Top favorites

Resident Evil 5
Prototype
NBA 2k
MLB The Show
Uncharted 2

Top I want to play

Heavy Rain
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Mortal Kombat
Black Ops

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

RE5 was alright...but a pretty big disappointment still for me. The fact that it was based around co-op was an awful idea for a Resident Evil game, imo. The scares are gone, it's just an action game now. Which still featured outdated tank controls and a hulking Chris Redfield. I'm hoping they go back to their routes a bit in their next chapter.

I miss the old games...even though RE4 was amazing, that's when things really turned for the franchise. It's no longer a survival horror game.

Prototype was a bit of a mess, and incredibly uneven/unpolished. But there was still a lot of fun to be had there, I enjoyed it. inFAMOUS is a much better version of what is essentially the same game. But I like both and am looking forward to both sequels.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-11-2011 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:06 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I've yet to play Infamous as I from doing a little bift of research it doesn't really seem like my kinda of game. My cousin has the first one and loved it so I may still give it a shot since it'll be free. It seems like all the ps3 excluvies I try I enjoy.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:20 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
RE5 was alright...but a pretty big disappointment still for me. The fact that it was based around co-op was an awful idea for a Resident Evil game, imo. The scares are gone, it's just an action game now. Which still featured outdated tank controls and a hulking Chris Redfield. I'm hoping they go back to their routes a bit in their next chapter.

I miss the old games...even though RE4 was amazing, that's when things really turned for the franchise. It's no longer a survival horror game.

Prototype was a bit of a mess, and incredibly uneven/unpolished. But there was still a lot of fun to be had there, I enjoyed it. inFAMOUS is a much better version of what is essentially the same game. But I like both and am looking forward to both sequels.
The first Resident Evil had me pissing my pants, but the game couldn't remain a survival/horror game with the story they created for it. I like that they shifted the game to fit the story, and it's kind of nice.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Resident Evil 4 is freaking epic.
Old 05-11-2011, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved RE5 bc it's the only game my wife would play with me.
So essentially, the co-op mode is what made it so much fun for me.
My wife's so terrible at it and got scared so easily throughout it.
I constantly had to save her ass and watching her freak out whenever a zombie got within a hundred yards of her was fun.

I've never played inFamous but I friggin' loved Prototype.
The fact that you could do ANYTHING! It's amazing to me.
Especially towards the end of the game when you've got so many options as far as moves go.
Camouflaging yourself as a military guy, infiltrating and so on made the game so much fun for me.
The fact that you whenever the police and infected were fighting, you could choose sides, fight whomever.
Go and destroy a nest or go across town and destroy a base. Whatever, no prob.
Once you got the stretchy arms, taking over the combat choppers became epic.
Take one over, fight other choppers until yours is about to explode, jump out, grab onto another chopper and start over until all the choppers are gone. Loved it.
It's the only game (since I got married) that I straight up played for hours solo.
My wife, not really into video games, would sit down and just watch me play just to watch all the crazy things I'm able to do in it.
AND MY WIFE HATES IT WHEN I PLAY VIDEO GAMES!
My only gripe, if I had one, was while I thought the final scene on the carrier was pretty difficult... I wish it wasn't just another juiced up-creature.
Granted I haven't played the game in over two years so I don't remember every little detail, but I remember thinking "I hope that wasn't it"
...but it was

Last edited by Nalej : 05-11-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Your wife is probably a lot better than cpu Sheva. With a partner it was fun. With an AI partner...it was work.

I'm not gonna say I didnt like the game...but I'd def. prefer RE games campaign not to be so heavily based on co-op play.

inFAMOUS is a much more polished Prototype, really. It's the same type of game...get tons of upgrades in powers, and go anywhere, and do anything. Graphics comparison isnt even close, either. You should check it out whenever you get a chance.

I wanted Prototype to be the better game, because they released really close to eachother. But inFAMOUS is just so much better.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-11-2011 at 04:36 PM.