Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-11-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like I'll add infamous to my 'got to play' list.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Heavy Rain" should be on everyone's got to rent list. Don't buy it. Great game, but I beat it in a day, after you know who the killer is I don't think I'll be as fun playing.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did you beat an 8-10 hour game in a day? Did you get everyone killed? haha.

Heavy Rain is only $30 now new. At that price, I'd say it'd be a great buy. It's a great experience that every PS3 owner should try at least once and many delve in for multiple playthroughs, to see different death scenes and the many different endings.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
How did you beat an 8-10 hour game in a day? Did you get everyone killed? haha.

Heavy Rain is only $30 now new. At that price, I'd say it'd be a great buy. It's a great experience that every PS3 owner should try at least once and many delve in for multiple playthroughs, to see different death scenes and the many different endings.
Remember that one time I pm'ed you at like 8 am? lol.

I turned it on, and I'm like hey this is fun. 5 hours later, I'm like **** it's late I really gotta go to sleep. 5 hours later I beat the game. I just couldn't stop playing it.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 03:16 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heavy Rain is $30 now? Sweet. I have a $20 Best Buy card, I might go use it on that.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:07 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Heavy Rain is $30 now? Sweet. I have a $20 Best Buy card, I might go use it on that.
Ding Ding. Going to go buy it today then.

also, just noticed someone mention Indigo Prophecies.
I owned that game for PS2. Definitely loved it though I was no good at it.
I would either get caught and arrested or would die all the time.
Still don't know the full story of that game.

Old 05-12-2011, 07:29 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea Heavy Rain is just 30$ new I know this bc I bought it used for 40$ as part of a buy 2 get 1 free deal. Then like the next week they drop the price on the game of the year editon.

I've only played it through once, but it is a game I wanna play through a few more teams to get the other endings which they are 5 total.

I've died like 250 times on uncharted 2 so far man i'm horrible at these games lol
Old 05-12-2011, 07:39 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is listing their favorite PS3 games and there has yet to be on mention of MGS4...

Really I loved that game. MGS4, MLB The Show and Bluray compatibility is why I bought my PS3 after being a long time Xbox guy
Old 05-12-2011, 07:45 AM    (permalink
rchrd
Veteran

rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rchrd is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post

You probably didn't miss much, the game was/is amazing but fell apart quicker than Tim Henman in a grand slam semi final match towards the end. Still one of my favourite gaming experiences but god damn the ending was bad (i know they admit it was really rushed but still).

M.O.T.H, Shenmue is also probably in my list of top 5 most enjoyable but ultimately frustrating gaming experiences ever as well (with Indigo Prophecy), but I never played anything other than the first, was there more than one sequel and what were they like etc?? what happened?

I remember loving every second of the game then they just ended it out of nowhere with him getting on a boat or something, I got absolutely 0 closure out of that game and it still kinda haunts me lol. I miss my day job of riding the forklift around and getting in lunchtime fights/training :(
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Everyone is listing their favorite PS3 games and there has yet to be on mention of MGS4...

Really I loved that game. MGS4, MLB The Show and Bluray compatibility is why I bought my PS3 after being a long time Xbox guy
I hated the controls on MGS4. I tried multiple times to just get used to it but I just wasn't having fun and the dorky Japanese translated dialog really turned me off.

Quote:
then I was just wondering around not knowing what to do.
Tried for hours... finally got sick of it... traded it in for something else.
you know they have an internet for things like that?

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by njx9 : 05-12-2011 at 08:43 AM.
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:42 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I tried playing MSG4. Got so frustrated with it.
I got to some spot in the game (early in it) where I was being stealthy
going through the streets and buildings, killing guards.
Get attacked by a tank/truck full of people (can't remember)
killed everyone... then I was just wondering around not knowing what to do.
Tried for hours... finally got sick of it... traded it in for something else.

I'm still playing through UnCharted 2. I've probably died over 300 times already lol
Still love that damn game...

Last edited by Nalej : 05-12-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

One of my all-time favorites. Indigo Prophecy laid down the ground work for Heavy Rain. The developer, Quantic Dream, plans to keep expanding that style of gameplay that they created back then. And they really nailed it in their second attempt with Heavy Rain. The game got excellent reviews, many awards, and sold extremely well. Far exceeding sales expectations. They're now in such a good position, financially...that they're working on two new titles and are really excited about pushing the boundries even more. One of my favorite developers. They're extremely tech savy, all about "adult gaming", heavily influenced by cinema, and really believe that a strong story, should be the real foundation for their works. We should be seeing one of their next games at E3 next month, in some fashion.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-12-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm still playing through UnCharted 2. I've probably died over 300 times already lol
Still love that damn game...
This makes me fell good that its not just me that dies all the time. I was doing pretty good in dying until like chapter 18ish. Most of my time dying is on jumps and stuff that I miss.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:58 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
You probably didn't miss much, the game was/is amazing but fell apart quicker than Tim Henman in a grand slam semi final match towards the end. Still one of my favourite gaming experiences but god damn the ending was bad (i know they admit it was really rushed but still).

M.O.T.H, Shenmue is also probably in my list of top 5 most enjoyable but ultimately frustrating gaming experiences ever as well (with Indigo Prophecy), but I never played anything other than the first, was there more than one sequel and what were they like etc?? what happened?

I remember loving every second of the game then they just ended it out of nowhere with him getting on a boat or something, I got absolutely 0 closure out of that game and it still kinda haunts me lol. I miss my day job of riding the forklift around and getting in lunchtime fights/training :(
Depends how far he got. David Cage did admit that he had to rush the ending a bit, so the game gets hokey late. But overall, the game is still fantastic. I thoroughly enjoyed all of it...but the writing does go south at the end. It was still quite the feat, as far as gameplay is considered and many critics have used the word "masterpiece" when regarding it.

As for Shenmue...yes, they did make a sequel. Shenmue 2 can be had for dirt cheap. It was an Xbox exclusive. It was just about as good as the first game. Tons of fun. But dont go into it hoping for anymore closure. It's a direct sequel and we see the story continue/evolve. But ultimately Sega and Yu Suzuki, envisioned the franchise as a drawn out epic. They planned on making many Shenmue games. But the games were expensive and they didnt sell well, despite very high critical praise. Fans are clamoring for Shenmue 3, and the creator, Yu Suzuki, wants to make it. But its been years now, and no one has been willing to give him the funding, based on previous sales figures. He claims that he'll make it one day, to finish the story...but a lot of people have lost all hope for it. I dont think it will get made...but it still remains my most eagerly anticipated game. haha.

edit...Just to clarify.

Shenmue 2 takes place with Ryo docking right off that boat in the first game. Arriving in China, to continue his search for the dude who killed his father. (Lan Di) Such a great game. :D The series was such a bold idea...certainly ahead of its time. Look how popular the "open world" game has become since the first game came out for the Dreamcast in like 1999. Pretty crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-12-2011 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i actually bought a backwards compatible ps3, just so i could go back and play the original mgs. still need to do that.

the only thing that killed me in 4 were the 348953489 hours of cut scene after every 5 minutes of gameplay. i don't mind watching a movie, but half the time i'd be dead before i realized i was supposed to be playing.
I still havent played any of them. :/ I want to, though. I'm still waiting for that long rumored, HD remake of the Metal Gear collection. Then I could finally play 4.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2011, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Looking forward to their new stuff then!

As far as Uncharted 2. I just got to Ch 18.
and yes, 80% of my deaths are jumping and miss the rope or jumping to something that I thought had a ledge but sadly didn't lol

MGS 2 is my fav one of the franchise. One was epic. Two was better IMO.
Never played 3? Or don't remember playing it. 4 was frustrating

Old 05-12-2011, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

lol fair enough
I think I liked it because it wasn't as hard as the other ones lol
I'm really just a sports game addict. It's what I'm good at.
FPS? Forget it, I'll die 25 times before I learn to aim correctly.
Action games like MSG? I like them but it takes me FOREVER to beat them bc I'm not that good at them.
I still enjoy them though... just get frustrated too easily.

My biggest issues with games is having to do the same **** over and over again (because of deaths)
With sports, if I'm in the middle of a game and I have to leave or a blackout occurs...
next time on the ps3, I just sim that game. That's how much I hate playing the same **** over again.
With these adventure/action games (Uncharted, MSG etc), you die, you have no choice but to do that same **** over again...
Patience, is something I don't have. With kids now, my video gaming window has shrunk so I don't have the luxury of investing hours a day into a game.
Naptime is my window of opportunity!

Old 05-12-2011, 10:07 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think the original is like, 5$ on the playstation store (yeah, i know) and probably like 3 in a local used bin. i can't imagine it will really look all that much better, but then, maybe they're actually updating it, instead of just sticking it on a brd.
I have nothing to play the games on. My PS2 fried long ago. I'm just hoping for the remake bundle. Unless I'm mistaken...I'd need a PS2 to play every game. I know they remade something for the Gamecube and what not. Is 3 on any other platform?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
As far as Uncharted 2. I just got to Ch 18.
and yes, 80% of my deaths are jumping and miss the rope or jumping to something that I thought had a ledge but sadly didn't lol
We are in the same places in the game as I'm on chapter 20 now as I finished chapter 18&19 last night. Your death count will rise alot (mine did) over the next few chapters. They was prob my least fav in the game so far. I'm already wanting to go back and play the train misson again.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
lol fair enough
I think I liked it because it wasn't as hard as the other ones lol
I'm really just a sports game addict. It's what I'm good at.
FPS? Forget it, I'll die 25 times before I learn to aim correctly.
Action games like MSG? I like them but it takes me FOREVER to beat them bc I'm not that good at them.
I still enjoy them though... just get frustrated too easily.

My biggest issues with games is having to do the same **** over and over again (because of deaths)
With sports, if I'm in the middle of a game and I have to leave or a blackout occurs...
next time on the ps3, I just sim that game. That's how much I hate playing the same **** over again.
With these adventure/action games (Uncharted, MSG etc), you die, you have no choice but to do that same **** over again...
Patience, is something I don't have. With kids now, my video gaming window has shrunk so I don't have the luxury of investing hours a day into a game.
Naptime is my window of opportunity!
lol. I think you'll like Heavy Rain. If one of your characters dies, you just go right along in the story. Granted, you may get a shorter experience or a crap ending...but damn near anyone can die, and you dont start over or have to do something over again. Just keep trucking along.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I play an ass load of video games, so it's different for me. But the only time I ever really died in Uncharted was when I'd miss a ledge or something.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-12-2011, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Heavy Rain sounds perfect then lol

Anyone recommend any co-op games?
When I head to Gamestop, I want to grab a game my wife and I can play together.
My sly way of being able to play more PS3 :-)

Old 05-12-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's a very diffrent game and if your looking for something diffrent then sports game or shooters. It's like a movie bc your are trying to catch the killer and you have no clue who it is until the end. Even after you play through it once you will wanna go back and do it several times to see the diffrent endings. M.O.T.H is right on about not having to start over if someone dies. The story/ending would just change based on what happens and the choices you make. It's by far the best ending of a game I've ever seen grant I just now started really playing non sports games.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I've been thinking of getting Portal 2 so my wife and I can play together. We got Little Big Planet but it wasn't actually that fun. All hype but boring gameplay.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Little big planet is alot of fun with two players as my g/f really enjoys it. She can decorate sackboy in a bunch of diffrent outfits and stuff like that. It's very family friendly and that kinda stuff.

also saints row 2 looks good just not had a chance to pick it up yet