Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-16-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Article about RTG that sounds promising

http://kotaku.com/5801945/a-walk+on-...t-really-means

ustream live video

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/14678246
Old 05-19-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some new videos for everyone, new info about dynasty will be the 23rd and RTG around E3

Old 05-19-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Breaking News - Coaching Carousel has been confirmed by IGN

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1169273p1.html
Old 05-19-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Old 05-19-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Again, I just really hope they fixed the prospects ratings this year. Customizable coaches and coaching carousel is a nice addition to dynasty mode. I dont know if it's possible...but the prospect of being an offensive coord. for some team and getting a HC job offer from some other team, would be amazing.

edit...read all of that article. It's possible...and that sounds awesome. I enjoy coach carousel in games, especially the old College Hoops games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-19-2011 at 01:49 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:30 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden 2012 has a completely revamped Franchise mode (which is the equal to Dynasty in NCAA). I wonder if they are using that same logic for the revamped Madden in NCAA. Madden this year should be alot better, rosters have been expanded, their are player roles again, free agency is more realistic, scouting for the draft is improved...sorry I digress.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA is going to be great this year

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im beyond excited for this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NCAA 12 looks just solid and 10x better then last year.Can't wait to see the real graphics on the ps3.Just wish I had stable wifi to play OD.I also can't wait to see Florida's play book.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as graphics go...these football games can still come a long way. They're certainly not bad...but enhancements can certainly be made. Sports titles should really shine on the next generation consoles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2011, 07:49 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love that you dont have to just swap teams from conference but you can actually add them, like the Pac-16 up there

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 07:54 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big 16 vs. Pac 16. It will be epic! I'm already planning my dynasty. I am so pumped.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Finstad
Rookie

Finstad hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hopefully they have fixed the size and weight of rookies aswell, now that it seems to matter. Playing with a 265 lb nose tackle looks so incredibly stupid.
Finstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, they usually gained weight throughout their careers at least...

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-20-2011, 09:09 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i just hope it's not ridiculous. i fear the way EA occasionally handled free agents in madden's past, with ridiculous releases and signings that made no sense. at least it's the ncaa team and not the madden team.
That was awful. When I was doing the NFL Superstar mode, nobody resigned free agents. When you looked at the Free Agency list during the year, there were about 15 99-rated guys just sitting there while my best linebacker was an 81 overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Game looks amazing. I'll echo what fenikz said about adding teams instead of swapping. The goals might be a little iffy, particularly if you want to run a certain system, but it's definitely a huge step in the right direction.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Big 16 vs. Pac 16. It will be epic! I'm already planning my dynasty. I am so pumped.
Im so in!

This game is going to be amaZIZing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 02:31 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

ROAD TO GLORY INFO

This year's mode is designed by former Auburn running back Alex Howell. He says his aim is to "create as much of my high school and college experience that I could through Road to Glory."

High School

•Explores your high school years more in depth, so you'll play a full senior season and gain recruiting points that are based on your stats
•After each game you'll pick three local schools of varying prestige that are interested in you
•Your recruiting board shows which schools you've picked and how far you are to earning a scholarship for each one. You can walk on to any school, but if you have a scholarship, you'll be able to transfer your recruiting points into XP for college
•You'll play and be recruited on both sides of the ball
•You can edit your HS senior season from seven to eleven games, and can import online browser-built Team Builder teams as your opponents. This lets you recreate your real-life high school team's schedule if you want
College

Coach's Trust

•You work your way up the depth chart by earning Coach's Trust Points, and even when you have enough points to catch the player who's higher than you on the chart, you can then only take that position by winning a Position Battle – which is a glorified practice session
•Non-starters will earn Trust Points through practices and occasions when you see the field during mop-up time, etc.
•Coach Trust Points extend to your on-the-field power. QBs won't be able to call audibles or hot routes until they have earned the coach's trust
•Earn enough points and you can have the chance to call plays from "Extra Plays" – an extended selection of plays than what the coach has already called. This is available in varying frequency during a game the more Trust Points you earn
•The development team is also working on improving the AI play calling
XP and the Upgrade Store

•XP you earn during your college career is spent on item packs in the Upgrade Store. These packs are built around groups of attributes for specific types of players. For example, the scat back pack boosts your acceleration and juke ability
•There are 600 item packs total, and they'll be six different ones available each week. Rarity, cost, and duration vary, but they will all be based around your position
•Upgrade Store items cannot be bought via micro-transactions
Misc.

•Calendar system scrapped, and the Road to Glory presentation is similar to the Dynasty Mode's menus
•The mode's menus, replays, montages, etc. will be centered around your player
•Practices are now 25 reps per practice
•Can save all your Road to Glory replays onto your NCAA browser page
•No more study sessions on your calendar
Old 05-23-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Wow, I am pretty pumped for RTG. Make some high school teams, it will be awesome.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-23-2011, 02:39 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wow, I am pretty pumped for RTG. Make some high school teams, it will be awesome.
The info I posted on RTG was addently leaked by Game Informer they have since taken it down from there site of course by then it was way to late. You gotta love how fast new travels on the internet now days.
Old 05-23-2011, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Wasn't today supposed to be the day new info came out?

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 05-23-2011, 03:08 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Wasn't today supposed to be the day new info came out?
Yea they lifted it where people can now talk about dynasty stuff, but so far it looks like IGN said everything thats new. Since I think your an OSU fan sweater vest are a option to for coaches.

Some bad news no all american games or national signing day stuff.

Online Dynasty Mode
  • Commish can advance the week from the web – but only if you pay a one-time fee of $2.99 or 240 Microsoft Points
  • You can super-sim your games versus the CPU on the web -- including calling plays, modifying your depth chart, and more. You can also pause the game at any time, sim forward a quarter, etc. Again, however, this will cost you a one-time fee of $2.99 or 240 Microsoft Points.
  • Both of the above browser features can be bought in one Commissioner Pack for $6.99/560 MP, and the pack also includes the ability to be commish to up to five dynasties.

http://www.thegamingtailgate.com/for...-the-Community

Old 05-23-2011, 04:59 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can buy two things for 240, or you can get the "deal" for 560...what?!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont like the fact that I cant audible right away in RTG. I mean, it makes sense...but it will be an annoyance. Everything else is pretty cool. I still almost never practice, though. 25 reps? Bleh.

I wonder if you can change the quarter minutes, because the stats could be a little off, previously. One of the reasons I tend to audible to pass, when I'm a QB...a lot.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS