Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-13-2011, 11:11 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
Thanks for the tip Rachel Ray...
Well I think that was a little harsh. Im just too lazy to type out "extra virgin olive oil".

Last edited by General Zod : 05-13-2011 at 11:14 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea what EVOO was haha... thought it was a typo until I saw him use it again.
Then I was lost lol

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its actually been a standard abbreviation for it in cookbooks long before that dumb ***** made it one of her little catch phrases.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never seen RR so I was unaware of that.
I wasn't trying to clown you for using the abbreviation.
and now I know though...
I've probably just skipped the olive oil in prior recipes since I didn't know what EVOO stood for lol

Old 05-14-2011, 12:15 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Well I think that was a little harsh. Im just too lazy to type out "extra virgin olive oil".
I was just giving you a hard time because I hate that ***** so much.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 12:21 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

Ah its all good, at least we are all in agreement then that RR sucks.

Bourdain would be so proud of us. lol
Old 05-14-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
All the time, love it!

Are you using a raw dough? Or store bought pre-made? Either is fine really. If you are using raw dough, one trick is to warm up you evoo in the microwave for about 30 secs before you put it on the dough. It'll help it stick better. I will usually throw a little garlic in the evoo when I warm it up. Then I'll use it for the dough and the grill. Also remember not to load it up to much with stuff. That'll help it cook more even. Also, if you can find the freshest Mozzarella you can to use, all the better. Fresh, it will absorb that smoke soooo much better and it'll just turn out badass. lol
Pre-made, I think. Not entirely sure, sort of just winging it at lunch time today. Thanks for the tips though.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 02:24 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

had some carne asada fries today, delish.

Old 05-16-2011, 08:45 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
had some carne asada fries today, delish.

That does look delicious. BTW, do you weigh 300 pounds?
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:10 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lololol i'd kill myself if i was 300 lbs.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyaraiderfan View Post
lololol i'd kill myself if i was 300 lbs.
I'm just saying, that's fat people food.
Old 05-16-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Healthy eating starts today.

I went with a grilled Tuna steak sandwich today for lunch, lightly marinated in a fat free ceaser dressing.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember I posted a while back that I hate oatmeal. Man has that changed. I used to eat straight plain instant oatmeal with nothing in it, when I used to eat really healthy. bleh. But yeah, I revisted oatmeal...but I purchased flavored oatmeals for the first time ever. Amazing. Strawberries and creme, brown sugar, apples and cinnamon. Soooooo good.

Speaking of eating healthy...been hitting the weights again. Bulked for a while, but I'm now cutting. Cardio up, calories way down. I'm a little under a month in. Have cut 9 lbs, suprisingly quickly. Looking pretty cut for beach season. :D

But a drawback...when my bad food cravings kick in, and they do frequently. It absolutely kills me. I want chinese food real bad, I want a huge ass bacon cheeseburger, and some soft serve ice cream. You get specific when you really start feeling these cravings.

I do plan on breaking this diet in June, though. Plan on going to an amusement park with my friends, and I want some ice cream, dammit.

But right now, I'm living off of...

oatmeal
greek yogurt
bananas
strawberries
a wide assortment of side veggies
boneless, skinless chicken breast
baked potatoes (a veggie, but more prominent in my diet)
kidney beans (same as baked potatoes)
protein bars
turkey on wheat
eggs with no yolks
some processed healthy choice steamer meals
post workout fruit juice (apple or orange)
WATER (gotta pee all the time)

The only dairy I'm getting is from yogurt. I havent had milk or cheese in a month. Dairy cravings can be real bad, too. The only condiment I use is hot sauce. The diet can actually be fairly high in sodium...in things like the flavored oatmeal, processed foods, and protein bars. But it hasnt been enough to hinder my results.

But yeah, eating small meals every 2-3 hours, keeping the metabolism going. It's been working beautifully. It's not all bad, I just miss food.

lol. I also bought about $40 worth of Easter candy, on clearance for like $10 and I havent even touched it. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-20-2011 at 04:56 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a great homemade burger today with homemade fries and upside down cake. Got it all for helping shovel a little gravel around. Good stuff.
Old 05-22-2011, 09:23 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are disgusting for cooking a hamburger on anything else than an open flame.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grilled up some Tuna Steak with Montreal, cheddarwurst, and asparagus between sets at a show today. Deeelicious.

Also caught Lloyd's taco truck at the soccer game, for anyone in the area who enjoys awesome food served out of dirty trucks.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:58 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post

now, if i'm making a 'gourmet' style burger, then i'll generally use the grill, because it's easier to get a perfect medium rare, though you generally lose some part of the crust as a result.
Add just a little bit of honey to your meat as you add in your seasoning.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:08 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
never tried honey, but i've been mixing some sugar in with the salt. i guess because i don't tend to work the meat much... form it into patties, salt and pepper and then onto the grill... i'll have to give that a go next time.
There are two types of grillers. Ones who work the meat and ones who lie about not doing it.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I miss my grill. My new complex doesn't allow them on property.
It's currently at a friend's house being neglected and misused.

Old 05-29-2011, 03:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

I just have to say...

I ******* love grilled asparagus! lol

I had to grill a whole mess of food today. Chicken, hot dogs, burgers corn etc..
I have to say my favorite thing today was the way my grilled asparagus came out. I also marinated some Bok Choy in an Asian type marinate and grill them up too.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Got back from OC, Maryland last night... went to Duffys Tavern.

Irish place, had to fux with the Reuben.

Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grilled asparagus can be really good, for sure.

Had some awesome kabobs today. Totally made up for some lacking burgers.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 10:51 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Smoked a boston butt yesterday, a couple of racks of ribs, and a bunch of italian sausage. Good lord it was awesome.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Made grilled eggplant sandwiches tonight. ******* chronic.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going keto for a few weeks. I am going to be so goddamn tired.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote