Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Epic fail by the Thunder!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a shame would have been a great series. Thabo doesn't belong in there anymore, he is awful on offense. With Harden out they needed Maynor to control tempo and move Westbrook to SG. Durant this summer all he needs to work on is ballhandling. He will be unstoppable if he can get his ballhandling to a competent level.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You never get momentum back when you lose a big lead. They'll learn how to keep a lead once they get more experienced. Youngest team in the league, and they're already in the conference finals. Talk about potential.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:32 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

15 turnovers between Durant and Westbrook and that is what lost it for them. That was 2 more turnovers than Dallas' whole team had combined.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
I spoke to soon I thought that OKC was up 3-2 for some reason. Memphis vs Heat is still on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I see no way that Dallas can stop Durant and Westbrook
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
Gotta be impressed with the way the Thunder played today. I really like how they match-up with Dallas too. Kidd doesn't stand a chance against Westbrook and Durant can have his way with Marion. Sefalosha and Stevenson are literally the same player, Perk and Chandler kind of cancel each other out too. Obviously no one can stop Dirk and he should still get his, but I have a tough time seeing somebody else being able to step up consistently in this series for the Mavs.

Even their bench is gonna have match-up problems. Terry is a good player but I dont think Barea and Peja are gonna see the same success they saw against LA. OKC is just such a good team defensively both inside and on the perimeter I just dont see the Mavs being able to score enough to win this series. As long as Westbrook stays under control I have the Thunder in 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I think Ibaka should do fine. Obviously he's not a great perimeter defender, but he's very long and athletic and won't make life easy for Dirk. I like the Thunder in 6-7 games, honestly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I still have Miami winning in 6, and Thunder in 7.
I'm just gonna leave these here, ok?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 AM    (permalink
thedong
Rookie

thedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairthedong is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Watching the post game with my 50 inch HD plasma.

Damn Durant needs to work on his acne. Sons I highly recommend he uses Broactiv, it's like proactiv but with cocoa butter.
thedong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 01:51 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I see no way that Dallas can stop Durant and Westbrook

but it will also be hard for OKC to stop Dirk, still going to be a lot closer series than I think most people believe

gj ward way to look like a douchbag

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
gj ward way to look like a douchbag
Oh no, a guy I don't know thinks I'm a douchebag for posting his quote. Just enjoying the Dallas haters.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:07 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'm a douchebag
you should use the entire quote or you might send the wrong message

Old 05-24-2011, 02:29 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you should use the entire quote or you might send the wrong message
Why are you so mad about this? You've never been wrong before?
Old 05-24-2011, 02:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

i actually just thought it was funny

Old 05-24-2011, 02:56 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maverick Nation!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:12 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Maverick Nation!
That is the cutest sig I have ever seen.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
What a shame would have been a great series. Thabo doesn't belong in there anymore, he is awful on offense. With Harden out they needed Maynor to control tempo and move Westbrook to SG. Durant this summer all he needs to work on is ballhandling. He will be unstoppable if he can get his ballhandling to a competent level.
I still don't understand why OKC doesn't do this. Nobody has been able to explain it to me.
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SativaDominant View Post
I still don't understand why OKC doesn't do this. Nobody has been able to explain it to me.
Especially since the Mavs are playing a 2 PG set with Kidd and Terry. Also if Westbrook doesnt' have to handle he could expend energy on defense guarding Terry.

Old 05-24-2011, 02:50 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw an interesting debate on another forum about where some current players rank all time (Kobe, Dirk, Kidd). Should that be it's own topic? Anyways, there is far too much living in the moment with people putting Dirk and JKidd really high and Kobe really low because of what they've done recently recently.

I also find it interesting the lists people are coming up with, yet all of them continue to leave off one player who is arguably top 10 all time (someone I personally watched play most of his career - I'm mid 20s).
Old 05-24-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I just saw an interesting debate on another forum about where some current players rank all time (Kobe, Dirk, Kidd). Should that be it's own topic? Anyways, there is far too much living in the moment with people putting Dirk and JKidd really high and Kobe really low because of what they've done recently recently.

I also find it interesting the lists people are coming up with, yet all of them continue to leave off one player who is arguably top 10 all time (someone I personally watched play most of his career - I'm mid 20s).
i hate guessing games... since you're a boston fan? (im assuming) im going to guess kg?

But anyways, Kobe is the best player SINCE Michael Jordan... (not saying that can't change either)

You can argue guys like Duncan etc., but it's so much harder for a SG to lead a team to a championship than it is for a big man (center or pf) to IMO
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:00 PM    (permalink
CrankthatCrabtree
Rookie

CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CrankthatCrabtree is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would put Shaq and Duncan ahead of Kobe(although it is pretty close)
CrankthatCrabtree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
SativaDominant
Rookie

SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SativaDominant is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post

It depends on how you define "best." Mainly, how do you compare the entirety of the career vs. the peak of the career.
SativaDominant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Off the top of my head my list would be:

1) Michael Jordan
2) Magic Johnson
3) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
4) Larry Bird
5) Wilt Chamberlain
6) Elgin Baylor
7) Bill Russell
8) Kobe Bryant
9) Shaq
10) Oscar Robertson
11) Tim Duncan
12) Karl Malone
13) Dr. J
14) Jerry West
15) Hakeem Olajuwon

Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was pretty spot on lol, especially the Lebron one:

Why you should like Dirk, lol classic video... lol a Lebron jersey:

Old 05-24-2011, 07:26 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

do you guys think it'd be a good idea if Taj Gibson started in place of Boozer and let boozer come off the bench? He could play a ginobli type of role.

Also, Westbrook gets torn to pieces by you all but it's not like D-rose has been lighting the world on fire either in his last two games.

But I concede the biggest difference is the huge turnover disparity...
Old 05-24-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bosh is the biggest douche on the planet.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rose just completely **** on Joel Anthony. Wow.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol @ Dizzy impersonations

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote