Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2011, 09:00 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'm just interested in how old some of you are who will even put Bron's name in the same sentence as MJ as this point in his career. I wonder how many actually remember him. I was born in 83 so yeah I was already a hoops fanatic in MJ's prime. It's kind of like young kids today who will say Usher is better than Michael Jackson.
I'm 23 but admittedly didn't get to see much of MJ in his prime. But really, at this stage in their careers, 7 or 8 years in, can you tell me why everyone thinks it's night and day? Because from what i understand it's what happened later in MJ's career that separates him from most, the continued evolution of his game through his ridiculous work ethic and competitive fire.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I really don't think he did. Just because he realised the front office at Cleveland was incapable of bringing in any serious talent and championships over the last million years in general are won by teams with 2+ superstars?

If (big if) he wins some absurd amount of championships - 6, 7, 8 - whilst being able to play huge minutes, defend the oppositions best player no matter the position (except Dwight) and hit the big shot as he's done over the last couple of series can you really say he's not comparable to MJ? I'm not saying he'll be better, i really don't think he will be, but he will deserve to be mentioned with the best of them
I don't know what people will say, but I know what I will think.

Hallow Trophies.

If MJ joined Magic and Malone on a team, they probably wouldn't have ever lost a game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
Anyways I hope and think the Mavs will win these series and here's my reason why... so far a lot of the Heat success in these playoffs have been predicated on Boston and Chicago choking away leads in the fourth quarter and subsequently the Heat taking full advantage (18-3 run to close out the game?!?!?!) That won't work against Dallas because I have a hard time believing the offense will stall with the most clutch and best shooter in the game on the floor. Dirk doesn't crumble during these moments.
And how did the Mavs win? Come back against the Lakers almost every game, come back against the Thunder almost every game. You think the Mavs will stall the most potent offensive player in the game? Lebron doesn't crumble in these moments.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron does not crumble in the clutch? Oh really now?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It doesn't matter what happens on the court. He'll always be the guy who joined D-Wade. Not the other way around.
Why does that matter?
Old 05-27-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Lebron or Miami Heat hater, but I'm definitely rooting for Dirk, Kidd and the Mavs. Both of them deserve a ring.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:06 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know what people will say, but I know what I will think.

Hallow Trophies.

If MJ joined Magic and Malone on a team, they probably wouldn't have ever lost a game.
I assume that's hollow, but really? don't championships count unless you play with highschoolers? Look at every championship team ever, they are stacked with talent, just because the Heat are built differently with 2.5 superstars and nobody else doesn't make championships any less valuable.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:07 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So the argument continues. You bring up Rings.. They bring up Robert Horry lol They don't understand theres a difference between winning a championship ON a team and winning a championship FOR a team.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I assume that's hollow, but really? don't championships count unless you play with highschoolers? Look at every championship team ever, they are stacked with talent, just because the Heat are built differently with 2.5 superstars and nobody else doesn't make championships any less valuable.
Nah. There's a difference between the Celtics trading for KG and Allen and making it happen the right way versus LBJ, Wade and Bosh deciding on joining up.

Ring chasers always get hallowed rings. That's the way life is.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:18 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Nah. There's a difference between the Celtics trading for KG and Allen and making it happen the right way versus LBJ, Wade and Bosh deciding on joining up.

Ring chasers always get hallowed rings. That's the way life is.
Well i'm certain in 20 years, when the 3 of them are sleeping on their piles of money and rings they won't care how it happened.

And i can't remember the exact details of the Celtics thing but didn't KG say he wouldn't go unless Allen was there? Smells like ring chasing to me...
Old 05-27-2011, 09:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well i'm certain in 20 years, when the 3 of them are sleeping on their piles of money and rings they won't care how it happened.

And i can't remember the exact details of the Celtics thing but didn't KG say he wouldn't go unless Allen was there? Smells like ring chasing to me...
No KG at first said he didn't want to go to Boston cause he was afraid of racism or something ridiculous like that. Then Allen and Pierce conviced him to wave his no trade clause.

Unlike the big 3 or 2.5 where they all decided to go into FA at the same time create a media spectacle for 2 years trying to convince people that they didn't have a plan in place already to team up to try avoid the hate and collusion charges.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And by doing so, he gave up the willingness to "be the man".

He didn't want to be a franchise player that the team could build around. He didn't want to be the man, so nobody should crown him. He gave that up. He just wanted to win. Even if it was the easy way. He chose being Wade's sidekick rather than building around him.
He gave the Cavs 7 years and took them to the finals with a bunch of nobodies.Did Kobe or MJ do that? No, Kobe could not even get his team out of the 1st round with Gasol or Shaq. He is the man on the Heat and not a side kick, you can't be the best player in the NBA and be a side kick. Like I said he gave Cleveland 7 years, how many should they of gave him?
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He never intended to get traded. It was to push the FO to make a move.
right that what he was doing .......

Old 05-27-2011, 09:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Allen Iverson did a bunch with even more scrubs than Cleveland yet at the end of his career no one even mentions him on a top 20 list.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
See look at here... you're totally misconstruing the argument.

Very few people are chastising Lebron for leaving it's WHERE HE CHOSE TO GO that people are complaining about.
No, people would have said the samething if he joined the Bulls "he is D.Rose side kick", if he went NY "he does not want to win games he only cares about the money" etc.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Allen Iverson did a bunch with even more scrubs than Cleveland yet at the end of his career no one even mentions him on a top 20 list.
Cause he wasn't ...
Old 05-27-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
No, people would have said the samething if he joined the Bulls "he is D.Rose side kick", if he went NY "he does not want to win games he only cares about the money" etc.
They would have said He will never eclipses Jordan Shadow they wouldnt say he is Rose's side kick if he choose Chicago. If he choose NY with Amare and Joe Johnson as the Knicks tried to do. They would have said he wanted to put NY back and bring a franchise back to relevance.

All of which sounds better then being Dwayne wade's side kick.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm just interested in how old some of you are who will even put Bron's name in the same sentence as MJ as this point in his career. I wonder how many actually remember him. I was born in 83 so yeah I was already a hoops fanatic in MJ's prime. It's kind of like young kids today who will say Usher is better than Michael Jackson.
No, your just like everybody else from a certain generation. People from the 60's or w/e will Say Oscar Robertson,Bill Russell,Wilt etc. was better than MJ, Jim Thorpe is the greatest athlete ever, they don't make movies like did in our day,.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Joe Johnson was never going to sign with Knicks after the Hawks offered 100 mil.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:31 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah but who did Iverson beat? Not a lot of great teams in the eastern conference in 01. And i'd take the 01 76ers supporting cast over the rabble that Lebron had next to him any day of the week.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
They would have said He will never eclipses Jordan Shadow they wouldnt say he is Rose's side kick if he choose Chicago. If he choose NY with Amare and Joe Johnson as the Knicks tried to do. They would have said he wanted to put NY back and bring a franchise back to relevance.

All of which sounds better then being Dwayne wade's side kick.
But no one says he is Dwayne side kick besides butt hurt fans aka LeBron did sign with my team and LeBron haters.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Joe Johnson was never going to sign with Knicks after the Hawks offered 100 mil.
I know but that was the plan the Knicks had entering FA. Even still without Joe they wouldn't be saying Lebron was about Money if he was a Knick cause CLE was the only team that could offer him a true max contract.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
But no one says he is Dwayne side kick besides butt hurt fans aka LeBron did sign with my team and LeBron haters.
Everyone say's he is Wade's side kick cause its fact it's wades team. Lebron plays in Wade County not James County. It would be different if he got Wade to Cleavland but he didn't.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
No KG at first said he didn't want to go to Boston cause he was afraid of racism or something ridiculous like that. Then Allen and Pierce conviced him to wave his no trade clause.

Unlike the big 3 or 2.5 where they all decided to go into FA at the same time create a media spectacle for 2 years trying to convince people that they didn't have a plan in place already to team up to try avoid the hate and collusion charges.
What collusion charges? They were free agents.
Old 05-27-2011, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
I know but that was the plan the Knicks had entering FA. Even still without Joe they wouldn't be saying Lebron was about Money if he was a Knick cause CLE was the only team that could offer him a true max contract.
sign and trade buddy