Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Arizona Cardinals Team Forum

Arizona Cardinals Team Forum Discuss the Cardinals

Old 05-02-2011, 05:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Hightower's right now but he is a FA and many expect we won't resign him after this pick. At 1st I was very meh on the selection then I went back and watched some 09 stuff, absolutely in love with the guy now, might be my favorite pick besides PP and I think he can be a truly special RB in the NFL.

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 07:38 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to Seth Pollack of SB Nation Arizona reported today that before the lockout was abruptly back on last week, the Arizona Cardinals and Philadelphia Eagles had a deal in place to send Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb to Arizona in exchange for a 2012 NFL Draft first round pick.
http://raisingzona.com/2011/05/02/mo...er-kevin-kolb/

Old 05-03-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear God no.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

way too early 53 man roster

QB Vet - Skelton - Hall
RB Hightower* - Wells - Williams - Hyphen
FB Sherman
TE Dray - Housler - Spach
WR Fitzgerald - Breaston* - Roberts - Doucet - Williams - Sampson
LT Brown - Bridges
LG Faneca* - Hadnot
C Sendlein* - Claxton
RG Lutui*
RT Keith

UT Dockett - Branch* - Davis

NT Williams - Watson
LE Campbell - Iwebema
ROLB Schofield - Davis
SILB Lenon - Sturdivant
WILB Washington - Walker*
LOLB Haggans - Acho
CB DRC - Adams - Jefferson
FS Rhodes - Johnson
SS Wilson - Ware - Abdullah
CB Peterson - Toler

K Feeley

P Graham
LS Leach

* = FA

Left off guys like Anderson, Porter, Hayes as I expect they will be cut because of their high cost and low production. OL & QB obviously our biggest issues, Sendlein I expect to resign, Faneca will either retire or resign imo, Lutui I'm not sure on wasn't so happy about his contract or tender(but no one matched it) but how many other teams would start him. We might also go after another Vet OLB to help bring Schofield and Acho along.

Top current FA options
QB : Matt Hasselbeck, Marc Bulger, Billy Volek, Bruce Gradkowski, Alex Smith
OG: Harvey Dahl, Justin Blalock, Kyle Kosier, Chris Chester, Davin Joseph, Derrick Dockery, Robert Gallery
C: Olin Kreutz, Chris Spencer, Casey Wiegmann, Samson Satele, Jonathan Goodwin
OLB: Mathias Kiwanuka, Manny Lawson, Matt Roth, Antwan Barnes, Mike Vrabel, Prescott Burgess

Last edited by fenikz : 05-06-2011 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Kevin Kolb on that list?
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

he isnt a FA

Old 06-01-2011, 01:11 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
I personally love our picks, the only real negative I think is we didn't address O-Line.

1. Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU - The 1 player in this draft that I considered an elite talent and he fell to us at 5, I think Denver and Buffalo will really regret passing on him, a shutdown corner is as valuable as any position if not more so, besides QB. Having him opens up the entire playbook for Horton, he can dial up crazy blitzes and run a lot of diverse schemes with Peterson & DRC on the outside.

Grade: A+

2. Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech - Obviously this is the most controversial pick, passing on guys like Brooks Reed, Justin Houston & Martez Wilson for a RB. The fact of the matter is Stumble & Fumble just aren't getting it done. Hightower is a FA and will most likely be let go while Wells will be on a short leash. I expect that Williams will start to get about 20 touches a game towards midseason with Hyphen getting around 15 as we phase Beanie Wells out. I truly believe that Williams is every bit the RB that Mark Ingram is.

Grade: B-

3. Robert Housler, TE, FAU - Besides DeMarco Sampson this is the pick I know the least about. He is a freak athlete simply put, 6'5 - 248 lbs, 34 1/2" arms, 4.46 40, 37" vert, 22 reps of 225 & 9'9" broad jump. He instantly becomes the fastest receiver on the team and scouts are in love with him. Was often used in practices to imitate spread/option QB so a possible wildcat QB option.

Grade: B

4. Sam Acho, OLB, Texas - Simply love this pick, I really don't see much of a drop off from Reed to Acho, both are high motor guys and he is every bit the athlete that Reed is. Acho is one of the smartest football players in the nation and played OLB for 2 years before moving to DE so he has experience standing and moving in space.

Grade: A+

5. Anthony Sherman, FB, UConn - While FB isn't premiere position it was one of our biggest needs and is a necessity if we truly want to become a power running team. Sherman is great at both run and pass blocking and should really help open some holes for who ever is in the backfield. Sherman is also a special teams ace and team captain, he should be a starter for years to come.

Grade: B+

6a. Quan Sturdivant, ILB, North Carolina - Simply a steal imo, he missed 5 games in 2011 because of a ham string injury but it's nothing that should affect his future play. Not the usual high character guy that Whis/Grave normally select but he was far too talented to pass on. He & Washington are the future inside of our 3-4 and imo it's a very bright one. While I don't expect him to start anytime this year he should be pushing Lennon very hard for playing time by next season and should lead to Gerald Hayes being cut which will save us some money to either pursue a QB or O-Line help.

Grade: A

6b. David Carter, DE, UCLA - A standout from the Shrine Game,C Carter has been rising up draft boards all offseason. Brother of Fresno State DE Chris Carter(drafted by the Steelers in the 5th) he was only a 1 year starter and did not get a combine invite. With Iwebema, Branch, & Watson become FA as well as Robinson getting up there in age, DL depth was certainly need and Carter seems like he can become a solid rotational player

Grade: B-

7. DeMarco Sampson, WR, San Diego State - A lot older than you would like your prospects to be(25) missed his 1st 2 seasons after tearing every ligament in his left foot. He was the Aztecs go to guy on 3rd down and put up some very good numbers in workouts(4.41 40, 35 1/2" vert, 10' broad jump) he has potential but needs to work very hard to make up for the time he lost due to injury.

Grade: C+

-

Overall: B+

could of very easily been an A had we addressed O-line

PS: Rumors are that Patrick Peterson will wear #21 and Quan Sturdivant #52, only 2 numbers if heard so far.
How can you give the cardinals a B+ when they didn't select ONE offensive lineman? They've had one of the worst, if not the worst, offensive line in the NFL over the past decade. To my knowledge, they've had less than 10 games in the last decade where a guy has rushed for 100+ yards.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 01:33 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

ya that stat is entirely wrong, shoo troll

Old 06-01-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Prove me wrong then. Tell me all of the running backs and how many 100 yard rushing games they had as a member of the Cardinals over the past 10 years?
Old 06-12-2011, 11:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@ddockett: Yall talking bout yall ready for football season now! **** not me! NOT until we get a QB!

Shots Fired! hes probably right but SHOTS FIRED!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:43 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

Quote:
Dude, how many playoffs games have they won in the past 65 years? That's all that you need to know in order to know how poorly ran they are. They can't even draft a lineman, they already have two running backs and draft another one, they're so cheap they let Rolle and Dansby go, I can go on and on and on.

Until the Bidwells sell the team, they're going to keep sucking. One more thing, hows that quarterback situation working out? If they don't get a quarterback, they're going to be the worst team in the NFL next year.