Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-25-2007, 09:47 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would want him, but failing his physical is a concern to me. That puts in question his overall work ethic. If he is not taking care of his body in the off-season, he may not be as dedicated as we once thought he was. I know he is a fantastic player, but we need someone who is willing to work hard to accomplish what we want, a Superbowl. Plus, we don't know what part of his physical he passed. He may have an injury or something that would keep him from being the player he was in Denver. Maybe that is why Denver is so eager to get rid of him, they know he won't be able to play like he has. These are all just guesses, but I find them as possibilities that are likely.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I buy Al Wilson having a poor work ethic, being the fact that he's been a team leader just about as long as he's been in Denver. It may be just the fact that he was given a physical before he's fully recovered from the injury he suffered this past season. FO, coaches and players all can be on different pages when it comes to situations like these, they're shopping him and were missing the fact that maybe he's not fully healthy yet. Doesn't necessarily mean a poor work ethic.
Old 03-25-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know, that is why I said it was a gues and offered the other option of the injury.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing about the failed trade to the Giants. NFL teams can order their team doctors to fail a player's physical when their opinions change, and they don't want to make a certain trade. Kind of a buyer's remorse-type fallback. The Texans could have done the same thing with Schaub if they wanted to.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I know that sort of thing is an option, but unless Denver was asking a ridiculous price for him, I see no reason why the Giants would have not wanted to do this trade.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Al Wilson took a physical with the Giants, then there would have been some serious trade discussions in place. Otherwise, the Broncos wouldn't have let him be examined, and the Giants wouldn't have gone through the trouble.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-26-2007, 06:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

They could have still been discussing those trades, but as soon as the Giants may have found out what the price was, they may have decided to opt out of the trade. Who knows, I doubt we will ever truly know.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:12 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Doesn't really matter now. Giants signed Kawika Mitchell, so their interest or willingness to pick up Wilson is lessened.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Doesn't really matter now. Giants signed Kawika Mitchell, so their interest or willingness to pick up Wilson is lessened.
Is there a link or did you see this on TV? This also makes it more likely we attain Takeo Spikes, I heard the Giants were in the running for him as well.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

ESPN reported it. I'm a little too lazy to go find it. It is on all the major news outlets, and it's reported on Fanball. There is a thread in the NFL Forum about that signing as well.

Old 03-26-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

OK I'm surprised I hadn't heard anything about it yet. When did this come out? It must have been recently, within the last half hour, otherwise, I would have posted it on here as well.

Old 03-29-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Now that Spikes is in the fold to play SAM, Dhani "Bowtie Killer" Jones is no longer our SAM LB. Does anyone think he has trade value, or should the Eagles just cut him to save some cap? Surely a guy who has 6 years of starting experience is worth at least a 6th rounder?

Old 03-29-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Jones has the trade value of a dead goldfish. I would hope for a 7th but i would not mind flushing him down the toilet.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

That is pretty funny. Well done.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
That is pretty funny. Well done.
Thanks. I try

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now that Spikes is in the fold to play SAM, Dhani "Bowtie Killer" Jones is no longer our SAM LB. Does anyone think he has trade value, or should the Eagles just cut him to save some cap? Surely a guy who has 6 years of starting experience is worth at least a 6th rounder?
I think he does, but as a WILL. He was pretty effective when he played weakside. He is awful at taking on blockers, LJ was repeatedly pancaking him in practice before the season started, which is pretty awful on his part. Some teams may be interested in him, maybe the Saints again, who knows, but wherever he goes I would not be surprised to see him move back to weakside. Maybe a late 5th or 6th. 5th would be fantastic, but it would probably be a 6th.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

With what some teams are getting for their players, I wouldn't be surprised if we got a 6th for Dhani, but no more than that.