Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-24-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
That's what I like to hear. We need that too. If we can get 20 minutes a night out of this guy at the 5, that would help a ton. He doesn't look like a shot blocker to me though. But hey, beggers can't be choosers. I just want a guy who can give us 6 hard fouls a night.
Ya he is not going to be a huge shot blocker but he is tough so that's good.

If Jerome Jordan can show you anything you can have a solid center rotation between Turiaf Jordan and Harrellson.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Ya he is not going to be a huge shot blocker but he is tough so that's good.

If Jerome Jordan can show you anything you can have a solid center rotation between Turiaf Jordan and Harrellson.
You don't think we'll keep Sheldon? I actually liked Sheldon at the 5 when he got the chance. He plays tough. His height is an issue, but he played bigger than his size.

I'm curious to see who we retain. I want us to keep Shaun Williams too, just for his corner 3s. Bad reason I know, but he was so money with them.
Old 06-24-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Vucevic would have been a awful pick for us. I don't hate the pick I would just prefer to have somebody who is more of a knock down shooter. Shumpert is still developing his.
He's actually a pretty solid spot up shooter and a knock down free throw shooter. Problem is the kid had too create too much for GT and so shot a **** percentage since he's not nearly as good having to create space and pull up. I think he'll be our starting 2 at some point this season if he can just extend his range a little. I do really like the pick, let him just defend and work on his jumper as a rookie, if he excels start working on his point skills but otherwise I think we have our future 2, letting Fields come off of the bench where he won't have to guard as many quick 2s that blow past him and can play more SF.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:59 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You don't think we'll keep Sheldon? I actually liked Sheldon at the 5 when he got the chance. He plays tough. His height is an issue, but he played bigger than his size.

I'm curious to see who we retain. I want us to keep Shaun Williams too, just for his corner 3s. Bad reason I know, but he was so money with them.
I don't see us keeping anyone but Shawne Williams out of our fa crop.

I liked Sheldon but D'antoni barely gave him a chance.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:03 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
He's actually a pretty solid spot up shooter and a knock down free throw shooter. Problem is the kid had too create too much for GT and so shot a **** percentage since he's not nearly as good having to create space and pull up. I think he'll be our starting 2 at some point this season if he can just extend his range a little. I do really like the pick, let him just defend and work on his jumper as a rookie, if he excels start working on his point skills but otherwise I think we have our future 2, letting Fields come off of the bench where he won't have to guard as many quick 2s that blow past him and can play more SF.
I know about his situation in GT and how he was the main man. He still shoot a lot of fade away shoots when he could have just went straight up and took a regular J.

I didn't say he had a bad shoot I just said he needs to still work on it you can even go on youtube look at some of his interviews you will hear him say that he needs to work on it still. He has good form on his shot but he is not consistent with it despite his high FT percentage.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't see us keeping anyone but Shawne Williams out of our fa crop.

I liked Sheldon but D'antoni barely gave him a chance.
*Sigh*....I hate D'Antoni.

I'm scared of a post Walsh era where we completely redo our bench...it's a scary thought. Bc you know Isiah is going to have a say.

:(
Old 06-24-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
*Sigh*....I hate D'Antoni.

I'm scared of a post Walsh era where we completely redo our bench...it's a scary thought. Bc you know Isiah is going to have a say.

:(
I'm scared cause I fear that our management staff is going to basically be a puppet regime ran by CAA.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'm scared cause I fear that our management staff is going to basically be a puppet regime ran by CAA.
It probably will be.

Depressing. It makes you feel like we will never be relevant as long as Dolan is around. And he'll be around for a long long time.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
It probably will be.

Depressing. It makes you feel like we will never be relevant as long as Dolan is around. And he'll be around for a long long time.
Ya we are kind of stuck at a competitive disadvantage with Dolan.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Ya we are kind of stuck at a competitive disadvantage with Dolan.
I feel like we're the Raiders of basketball with him. It's so sad. It's almost like he purposely does the exact opposite of what common sense tells him to do.

We just have to hope that Stat and Melo are talented enough together that they can overcome all the future Dolan wtf moments that are about to come our way.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:21 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I feel like we're the Raiders of basketball with him. It's so sad. It's almost like he purposely does the exact opposite of what common sense tells him to do.

We just have to hope that Stat and Melo are talented enough together that they can overcome all the future Dolan wtf moments that are about to come our way.
Al Davis at least has a excuse he is old and senile.

Pretty much right now all the Knicks can do is hope the new CBA is going to be generous to them.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Al Davis at least has a excuse he is old and senile.

Pretty much right now all the Knicks can do is hope the new CBA is going to be generous to them.
It doesn't sound like it will be. One of the main issues is owners want a hard cap, and a hard cap would royally screw the Knicks (or any big market team for that matter).

I think we're in for a long lock out. I doubt we'll have a full season this year.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Which is another reason why I didnt want to go and form another big 3
Old 06-24-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If we don't form a big 3 though, then you can't help but think that our approach has been flawed. We got the wrong 2nd superstar. We need a stud PG to make this work, bc right now we have the same problem that Miami has with Lebron and Wade.

If we go the 2 superstar approach, we need to trade either Melo or Stat for a Deron or CP3. Bc right now we don't have that ying/yang chemistry you need out of the 2 superstar approach.
Old 06-24-2011, 05:40 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Our approach has been flawed. Now you are stuck in a position that you don't want to be in.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:20 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think we should make a play for Monta Ellis? He wants out of Golden St, maybe we could send Billups + future 1st.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Billups and a 1st wouldn't be enough to get him. And honestly, I don't want him. No defense.

I want Felton back. If we can't get CP3 I would absolutely love to bring back Felton when his contract expires after this season.

I don't see that happening though.

Random thought: If we let go of D'Antoni, I'd like for us to hire Bill Lambeer. The guy would bring that Tom Thibidou (sp) style to this team, and that's the type of basketball I always preferred. I'm not a fan of D'Antoni's style. I always liked the Van Gundy/Riley/Thibidou/Carlisle style of basketball.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:27 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Hell no to Ellis

I doubt Felton would want to come back here if Portland lets him walk

Rather have a coach with NBA experience
Old 06-25-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Hell no to Ellis

I doubt Felton would want to come back here if Portland lets him walk

Rather have a coach with NBA experience
Money talks. You never know.

It's a tough call in regards to a coach with experience vs an up and comer. Unless a Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers type of coach is available, is it really necessary to grab the guy with experience?

Guys like Van Gundy and Thibodou were great coaches who didn't have experience when they first started. You never know until you give a guy a chance.

I think Lambeer would be credible bc he does have HC experience (I know the wnba but still..), he has credibility as a former player on a championship team who is well respected for his past, and he brings the brand of basketball that I personally prefer. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

He wanted the Knicks HC position in the past too, supposedly badly. I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew all the good candidates out there, but his name does intrigue me, and he fits the bill on paper in my eyes.

I'd like to see him get a shot in the NBA regardless, whether its with us or with someone else.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Money talks. You never know.

It's a tough call in regards to a coach with experience vs an up and comer. Unless a Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers type of coach is available, is it really necessary to grab the guy with experience?

Guys like Van Gundy and Thibodou were great coaches who didn't have experience when they first started. You never know until you give a guy a chance.

I think Lambeer would be credible bc he does have HC experience (I know the wnba but still..), he has credibility as a former player on a championship team who is well respected for his past, and he brings the brand of basketball that I personally prefer. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

He wanted the Knicks HC position in the past too, supposedly badly. I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew all the good candidates out there, but his name does intrigue me, and he fits the bill on paper in my eyes.

I'd like to see him get a shot in the NBA regardless, whether its with us or with someone else.
You would probably have to severely over pay him to bring him back in under to make up dealing after half a season.

Lambieer only got a interview with the Knicks cause of Isiah.

If your goal is to bring in a coach with no NBA head coach experience I would rather bring in Patrick Ewing. Who wants to be a head coach badly as well and he is one of the best big man coaches in the NBA look at how much he helped guys like Yao and Dwight.

It is usually better to bring in a guy with head coach experience in the NBA then grabbing a college coach or a guy who has never coached men. The difference between JVG and Thibs is they were assistant coaches in the NBA for years just like Ewing is now. Unlike Lambieer who has no NBA experience at all.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
You would probably have to severely over pay him to bring him back in under to make up dealing after half a season.

Lambieer only got a interview with the Knicks cause of Isiah.

If your goal is to bring in a coach with no NBA head coach experience I would rather bring in Patrick Ewing. Who wants to be a head coach badly as well and he is one of the best big man coaches in the NBA look at how much he helped guys like Yao and Dwight.

It is usually better to bring in a guy with head coach experience in the NBA then grabbing a college coach or a guy who has never coached men. The difference between JVG and Thibs is they were assistant coaches in the NBA for years just like Ewing is now. Unlike Lambieer who has no NBA experience at all.
That's very true. Great point, I didn't think about that.

Didn't Dwight get exponentially better on offense only after he spent some time training with Hakeem? I think that actually hurts Pat more than anything.

Id love to see Pat coach the Knicks just bc he's our boy, but if I take my heart out of the equation, I'd probably be opposed to it.

It will never happen, but I'd give anything to see Jeff come back and coach the Knicks.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's very true. Great point, I didn't think about that.

Didn't Dwight get exponentially better on offense only after he spent some time training with Hakeem? I think that actually hurts Pat more than anything.

Id love to see Pat coach the Knicks just bc he's our boy, but if I take my heart out of the equation, I'd probably be opposed to it.

It will never happen, but I'd give anything to see Jeff come back and coach the Knicks.
Not really Patrick helped as much as Hakeem. Watch Dwight from before the Magic hired Ewing in 2007-2008 then watch him after. He made huge improvements. Hakeem helped him this past off season add a little more to his base. However most of the work has been done by Patrick especially on the defense.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Not really Patrick helped as much as Hakeem. Watch Dwight from before the Magic hired Ewing in 2007-2008 then watch him after. He made huge improvements. Hakeem helped him this past off season add a little more to his base. However most of the work has been done by Patrick especially on the defense.
I just want a defensive coach :(
Old 06-25-2011, 03:48 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just want a defensive coach :(
There are reports out there that D'antoni will hire a defensive assistant. I hope if he does that means Herb Williams is finally gone. How this guy has survived this many coaching regimes is amazing. He is like a **** roach that just wont die.
Old 06-25-2011, 03:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
There are reports out there that D'antoni will hire a defensive assistant. I hope if he does that means Herb Williams is finally gone. How this guy has survived this many coaching regimes is amazing. He is like a **** roach that just wont die.
Maybe him and Isiah both have naked pictures of Dolan somewhere that they're using to blackmail him with.

My disdain for D'Antoni isn't just his lack of defense, it's his management of our roster, his style lives and dies with the 3 which is a low percentage shot, his stubbornness with certain players and playing time, his teams typically lack toughness and can't finish in crunch time, etc.

I just don't like him. His teams are soft. I'm not sure a defensive assistant will change that. A team typically takes the personality of it's HC. Not just in basketball, but in any sport.

I just don't like his cream puff style.