Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-25-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Maybe him and Isiah both have naked pictures of Dolan somewhere that they're using to blackmail him with.

My disdain for D'Antoni isn't just his lack of defense, it's his management of our roster, his style lives and dies with the 3 which is a low percentage shot, his stubbornness with certain players and playing time, his teams typically lack toughness and can't finish in crunch time, etc.

I just don't like him. His teams are soft. I'm not sure a defensive assistant will change that. A team typically takes the personality of it's HC. Not just in basketball, but in any sport.

I just don't like his cream puff style.
I wouldn't call it a cream puff style. Its a style based on floor spacing and ball movement. Nobody can argue that having floor spacing and ball movement is a bad thing.

My issue with him isn't his offensive philosophy. More with the whole balance of his minutes and his use of only 8 players is the thing that bothers me the most.

I think he should add a defensive coach and have a defensive philosophy other then just a regular man to man street ball type defense. Adding a defensive coach cant hurt it can only help at this point.

How ever I feel if you are a NBA player playing at the highest level you should have a general idea how to play defense and a lot of the players here don't know how to do that. It should not take you this long to figure it out.

I don't think you will see a huge change in defense right away if you fired D'antoni. It doesn't matter who the coach is if you don't have all 5 guys out there wanting to play on that end.