Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 11-23-2010, 12:05 AM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

REDSKINSWARRIOR82 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

. Maryland strength and conditioning program is like Olympic level its just nuts their strength and conditioning coach is obsessed with the players lifting weights ,and speed drills.

Last edited by REDSKINSWARRIOR82 : 11-23-2010 at 12:10 AM.
REDSKINSWARRIOR82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to say 6'1 205 4.5 isn't good, but there is nothing freaky about it. Vernon Davis, Shawne Merrimen, Gerrick McPhearson (sub 4.35), Dre Moore, Heyward-Bey, and Bruce Campbell all had much freakier triangle numbers.

He may wind up being a great player, but Maryland has gained a reputation for workout warriors, not necessarily great players.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Not to say 6'1 205 4.5 isn't good, but there is nothing freaky about it. Vernon Davis, Shawne Merrimen, Gerrick McPhearson (sub 4.35), Dre Moore, Heyward-Bey, and Bruce Campbell all had much freakier triangle numbers.

He may wind up being a great player, but Maryland has gained a reputation for workout warriors, not necessarily great players.
yeah i agree thats why i deleted it. but yeah i hope Tate stays for his senior season. :-D
Old 11-23-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post

Kenny Tate is not 6'1 205. He's 6'4" 220 and he ran a 4.46 40 his Junior year of HS.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 10:03 AM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
Kenny Tate is not 6'1 205. He's 6'4" 220 and he ran a 4.46 40 his Junior year of HS.
lol no he wasnt talking about Tate there, i put up another MD player who is 6'1 205 but then i edited my post and deleted his name and stuff. sorry for the mixup.
Old 11-23-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDSKINSWARRIOR82 View Post
lol no he wasnt talking about Tate there, i put up another MD player who is 6'1 205 but then i edited my post and deleted his name and stuff. sorry for the mixup.
My bad, I should have read the whole thread.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
mcowdery
Rookie

mcowdery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How is his leadership and off the field behavior? That's one of the things I really like about Sands. He's supposedly a great locker room guy and media guy. I haven't seen Tate play much, but it sounds like he is a little better in coverage, but Sands has been playing with a shoulder injury all year, so it's a tough call, not to mention he plays in a run happy conference.
mcowdery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:16 PM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcowdery View Post
How is his leadership and off the field behavior? That's one of the things I really like about Sands. He's supposedly a great locker room guy and media guy. I haven't seen Tate play much, but it sounds like he is a little better in coverage, but Sands has been playing with a shoulder injury all year, so it's a tough call, not to mention he plays in a run happy conference.
Tate is a quite guy not a ra ra guy, Does his talking with his play. He is a Monster vs the Run too. He has like 8 TFL 4FF,s and 88 tackles. SO he is not just some soft coverage FS. At 6'4 225 he moves like he is 6'0 190.
Tate is good with the media talks to them ,he never gets in trouble off the field clean off the field. Tate has been pretty healthy all his career. Sand is a really good too. I just feel like Tate brings that X -Factor were he can just take over games like no other real talent plays with Swagger and knows he is very good.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Kenny has been a quiet guy all the way from back in High School. He's never been a talker, but he's always been a good guy. No worries with character with Kenny Tate.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:07 PM    (permalink
mcowdery
Rookie

mcowdery hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think both players will be good, but I think you're pretty much right in giving the edge to Tate, especially when looking at the stats and the conference they play in. But I watch the Big East play a lot more than the ACC, so I'm more familiar with Sands, which is why I've liked what I've seen from him, from his gameplay down to his attitude. I'll definitely be interested on how both of these guys do in the NFL.
mcowdery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Tate and Sands could be pro bowl players in the Nfl. Both are very talented.
Old 11-29-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

Kenny Tate

first team all ACC

http://www.theacc.com/sports/m-footb...112910aac.html
Old 11-29-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

Quote:
Glad to see he made it. He earned it.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:30 AM    (permalink
REDSKINSWARRIOR82
Rookie

I still dont understand Why Maryland's moved Tate to OLB, He is going to be a Fs in the NFL. he is ranked the #1 safety in the 2012 NFL DRAFT. and he will be FORCED to play hybrid S/OLB. I hate it ,but MD lost 4 Lbs to graduates and somes guys QUIT THE TEAM. So just shows people al lthe NFL scouts and fans how unselfish Tate is. he could have said no , or he could have been a jerk about it. The Man is all about winning , and doing whatever he can to help the team win. I just hope it doesnt hurt he;s draft stock.

Woodson the cowboys safety in the 90s. was a College Lb, and made the move to Safety in the NFL. i am hoping Tate does the same in the NFL.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
TRUST ME Tate runs a run 4.5 speed. he gets to wideouts on deep balls before Maryland's corners, and out corners are all sub 4.5.

Maryland is known for getting very raw athletes and turning them into flat out monsters. Vernon Davis came to Maryland, 6,3 225 running a 4.55

and went to the combine at 6'3 255 ran a 4.38/40 fastest time for a Te ever.

if Tate goes to the combine,i think he test out of the charts. 6'4 225 4.49/40 40 inch vert ( he was also a basketball star in high school)
Maryland should be in the national championship hunt EVERY year. No reason that they can't with the talent in the Maryland/D.C. area.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:43 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate is playing the "star" position this season which is basically a wlb that will be used to cover slot receivers. I like him and woulda had him my #1 strong safety prospect but the position switch will mix him up a bit moving forward, as a result he's now in the same tier as Barron and Armstrong instead of being ahead of them. I have him going in the 3rd round to Dallas in my ruff mock, behind Lester, Telemaque, McDonald and Armstrong.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:25 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him a lot better right now.
Frankly I said it before in previous threads but I didn't see the great coverage skills everyone else saw. I felt his instincts were off, and he wasn't quick to the ball at all. But probably the biggest problem I had was he did not seem fluid, I thought he played quite stiffly and had some problems turning and running. I also said that the part that I liked the most was when he was in the box, used as blitzing OLB, and as a run-chase tackler. I think he really fits that WILL spot in the 4-3, and I could see him being a first round pick at that position with a good year as long as he adds some weight. I also think he is a pretty good fit for the SS position, but with a lot of teams requiring their safeties to do more and more covering (in addition to the trend of a lack of distinction between your two safeties) I'm not sure he'll be looked at that highly.

And I'll say about Maryland is that while we've seen the athletic freaks they've produced, we haven't seen the great football players they produced. There is generally a give and take in everything in life, for Maryland that would mean sacrificing some technical skill for more athletic ability. We've seen that at a lot of positions at the NFL level, a high level of technical skill and understanding of the position is more important than athletic ability.

Last edited by DBNYDP : 07-01-2011 at 08:34 AM.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:44 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm cherry-picking here, but Maryland's problem is not enough solid players and very few elite players on their roster year to year.

It's usually one superstar in a given season and that's about it. Can't win that way consistently, without solid depth among underclassmen coming up behind your juniors/seniors.

Kris Jenkins, EJ Henderson, Randy Starks, Shawne Merriman, Vernon Davis, D'Quell Jackson, Josh Wilson, Jared Gaither, Shaun Hill, Moise Fokou and Nolan Carroll are the best of the recent bunch for UMD, but what's held that program back IMO is solid QB play year to year.

I think Kenny Tate can hold it down at safety in the pros. But he may end up transitioning to OLB like former Va Tech rover James Anderson who converted to OLB with the Panthers.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:22 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Uploaded this today

Kenny Tate vs Wake Forest

HakeemtheMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:35 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HakeemtheMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I still dont understand Why Maryland's moved Tate to OLB, He is going to be a Fs in the NFL. he is ranked the #1 safety in the 2012 NFL DRAFT. and he will be FORCED to play hybrid S/OLB. I hate it ,but MD lost 4 Lbs to graduates and somes guys QUIT THE TEAM. So just shows people al lthe NFL scouts and fans how unselfish Tate is. he could have said no , or he could have been a jerk about it. The Man is all about winning , and doing whatever he can to help the team win. I just hope it doesnt hurt he;s draft stock.

Woodson the cowboys safety in the 90s. was a College Lb, and made the move to Safety in the NFL. i am hoping Tate does the same in the NFL.
Tate was a hybrid player, Its not like he was a stereotypical safety anyway. They lined him up everywhere except DT. Most of his impact plays came when he was near the line of scrimmage not when he was back in coverage. If anything I think he will be in better position to make big plays. He wasnt all that great in coverage for a safety anyway but for a LB he will be excellent.
Old 07-04-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I watched the Youtube videos of him. He is NOT a free safety. His coverage skills aren't that great. However, he excels up close to the line of scrimmage. He's either a strong safety or weakside linebacker in the NFL.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 03:39 PM    (permalink
HakeemtheMachine
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
I watched the Youtube videos of him. He is NOT a free safety. His coverage skills aren't that great. However, he excels up close to the line of scrimmage. He's either a strong safety or weakside linebacker in the NFL.
Yeah Edsall is making the right move . He will be more effective at Linebacker
Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordofi View Post
Admit you haven't seen Kenny Tate play an entire game before you go spouting about his coverage skills. Kid is always where he's supposed to be in coverage and flat out decapitated WRs in the ACC when teams threw into his coverage zone.

He can get deep, has ball skills and is a HITTER. Tate isn't a 3rd corner covering a slot WR, he's a 6'4 safety who can turn and run and not embarrass himself.

UMD's new HC has almost no talent on defense and thinks Tate is more valuable as a OLB/SS hybrid close to the LOS instead of allowing him to roam the mid to deep third in pass coverage.

Edsall is screwing Tate for the next level IMO. His best position I believe is at safety.

Watch the Florida State game clip from 2010 on youtube. Tate is a safety.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 07-19-2011 at 11:16 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't they moving him to linebacker?
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 06:38 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

That's what HC Edsall is saying, that Tate can make more plays for the Terps this season at OLB.

But I think UMD will use him more like a rover, similar to the way the Seminoles used Derrick Brooks.

I think it sucks, but in theory there's no way you can play a 'playmaker' out of position.
Great players find ways to make good things happen no matter where you line them up.