Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we really want to, we can just screw with Osi the way SD did with Jackson. At the end of the day, he's under contract and has no leverage.

But I think we need to find a way to keep Kiwi for at least a year anyway as insurance for Osi bc you never know what happens.

I kind of want to keep Kiwi long term. I have a feeling he's due to break out. He seemed poised to have a monster season last year, you saw it brewing. If he can stay healthy I think he's going to beast it this year.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for the board:

Why is everyone in love with Kuechly but nobody mentions Teo? Kuechly reminds me of Laurinitis.

I'm under the impression that Manti Teo will be the best available LB in this draft. I think when the dust settles Kuechly will be a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

Same with Burfict. Teo might be a guy taken in the 20s. All speculation of course.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something is off with Teo but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I'll be watching the LB's very close this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think if we're expecting Patrick Willis, then we'd be disappointed.

Teo, Burfict, and Kuechly, none are Willis. The one with potential is Burfict, but he's way too wild and has Asante Samuel like tackling technique.

Teo seems to me like a bigger version of Luke honestly. Great instincts, great form tackling, sound coverage, but nothing jumps out of the screen about him.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really in the top 3 rounds next year I want an O-Lineman, a Linebacker, and a running-back in whichever order. Preferably the Running back in rounds 2 or 3 though.

I'd be ecstatic with either Konz or Kuechly/Teo in Round 1. I don't think Burficit fits in with out defense.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
ellsy82
Veteran

ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ellsy82 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Really in the top 3 rounds next year I want an O-Lineman, a Linebacker, and a running-back in whichever order. Preferably the Running back in rounds 2 or 3 though.

I'd be ecstatic with either Konz or Kuechly/Teo in Round 1. I don't think Burficit fits in with out defense.
Latest mock has you guys getting...

1. Zach Brown, OLB, North Carolina
2. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State
3. Keith Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin
4. Doug Martin, RB, Boise State
5. Nigel Bradham, ILB, Florida State
6. Brandon Hardin, FS, Oregon State
7. Jarrett Boykin, WR, Virginia Tech

That might help get back to the NFCCG.
ellsy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 12:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

If Brewster or Konz fell to us in the 2nd, I'd be estatic. I highly doubt it though. I think both wind up as first round picks. One will be a mid 1st, the other a late 1st.

The draft stock of Centers has really sky rocketed in recent years. 1, because of the growth of 3-4 defenses, but also bc they are such safe picks. When was the last time the first Center off the board was a bust?

Centers have been money for the past 4 years at least. And this Center class is very good with those 2 guys.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we got Bradham in any round after the 1st I would be happy, let alone round 5!

My board:
1. Kuechly
2. Te'o
3. K. Davis
4. Brewster
5. Konz
6. Egnew
7. Bradham
8. Carder
9. Tate
10. Thompson

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Question for the board:

Why is everyone in love with Kuechly but nobody mentions Teo? Kuechly reminds me of Laurinitis.

I'm under the impression that Manti Teo will be the best available LB in this draft. I think when the dust settles Kuechly will be a late 1st/early 2nd round pick.

Same with Burfict. Teo might be a guy taken in the 20s. All speculation of course.
I think both Burfitt and Teo will be gone well before we pick.

But Teo would be a great fit as well, I like him much better than Burfitt
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Realistically, I don't see Luke coming out. Those BC boys tend to stay for 4 years.

Which leaves Teo and Vontaze as the 2 ILB prospects at the top. If we don't go ILB, there are some good OLB prospects as well.

My favorite as of right now is Travis Lewis at OLB. He's the type of speedy OLB we need to plug in at WILL. Move Boley to SAM, and our OLB situation is solved.
Old 07-07-2011, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say we go WR again and take Mo Sanu.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I say we go WR again and take Mo Sanu.
If Sanu is there for us round 2 I would actually be down for this

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

That's just a homer pick for me obviously. I think he's going to play himself into the 1st though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I love me some Sanu. But there's no way in hell we're getting him.

I'm really eager to see how our young guns along the oline look during training camp and PS.

I'm hoping Petrus, Beatty, Koets, and Brewer can show us that they can be staples of our line in a year or two.

If Petrus, Koets, and Beatty can show us they are capable of starting this year, then we'll be set along the oline. Brewer developing would just be gravy on top, bc even if he doesn't develop, with those guys developing we can just throw Diehl at RT.

I like Petrus and Koets, I'm iffy on Beatty. Funny that I'm high on Koets now when this time last year I was killing him lol.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yeah same thing with Barden also. You killed him forever and now you have him in line for a breakout year.

I feel the same way as you do though about those three. I love me some Petrus, I'm solid on Koets, and Beatty I don't know what to think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah. With Barden it was frustration. You hear about him tearing it up in camp, he sounds like a training camp warrior, then once it was time to prove it he was always a no show. I started thinking he was Sinorice Moss all over again.

I just wanted to see him flash. And he did against Dallas before getting hurt. So now I feel better about him. Although injuries are starting to be a concern with that guy. He's always hurt.

As odd as it sounds, our season could hinge on Beatty. That's a scary thought. If he's a dud, that means Diehl is LT again. And Diehl's ability to play LT is deteriorating with each coming year. Then you have no backup plan to McKenzie who is old as dirt at RT if Diehl is forced to play LT, and we could have a serious bookend issue along our oline moving forward, not to mention potentially a weak Center.

When the 3 pressure points of the oline are weak (OT and C), you're in big trouble.

And if Beatty is a dud and Koets struggles recovering from that ACL...we could be in big trouble.

We need those 2 to shine more than anyone else.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I think Beatty is best suited for RT. Have since Day 1.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-07-2011, 04:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

He's too small though. He does better at RT than LT bc teams blitz less on the strong side so he doesn't get as confused with assignments.

I know he's too small regardless of whether he's a LT or RT, but his lack of size is even more concerning at RT since that's the strong side.

I'm hoping he put on some weight this offseason.

If he has no potential at LT, then we better hope Brewer does, bc we have no one else in house who can man the LT spot. Brewer is very raw though, and he was mediocre at RT at Indiana so to ask him to play LT in the NFL might be a stretch.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My early money for the 2012 NYG first round is currently on either of NC DEs Quinton Coples or Donte Paige-Moss.

There is a good chance that Umenyiora and/or Kiwanuka will be gone (or not far way from leaving), we know DEs are a premium and we have certainly drafted from NC lately.

It is still very early and we have to see how the draft board shakes up, but the LBs will make a big impact if they declare.

Remember this time last year Amukamara was a lock as a top 5, and DEs slipped a lot this year so anything is possible.

Last edited by Big_Pete : 07-08-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Wouldn't surprise me at all if we go DE again.

I think all of the following positions will be on the table for consideration with our 1st round pick:

LT
C
MIKE
OLB
TE
RB
S
DE

Maybe DT, although we drafted 2 DTs the past 2 years so probably not.

But yeah, any of those positions could be a first rounder for us next year. None of those positions would surprise me.
Old 07-08-2011, 01:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Training camp moved to Timex Performance Center in E. R. , NJ now. No more Albany as per BBI.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Training camp moved to Timex Performance Center in E. R. , NJ now. No more Albany as per BBI.
Wow sucks for U of Albany. Better for me though since I can just go up and watch. They are going to pack that place. I bet Coughlin is mad also. He loved getting the players out there for a month away from everything.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-08-2011, 05:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wow sucks for U of Albany. Better for me though since I can just go up and watch. They are going to pack that place. I bet Coughlin is mad also. He loved getting the players out there for a month away from everything.
I never went to Albany because it would be a pain to drive so far and then come back. But the stadium is 40-45 min away so now I can go and meet up with people. So personally, I am very happy.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yea same distance for me. Maybe 5-10 mins closer based on traffic. I read it's only for a year because of the lockout but still cool.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 07-08-2011, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I'm definitely going to try to catch some practices. I'm excited about it being in Jersey for that reason.

What I don't like is there will be a billion people there, which could cause a distraction for the players. But for me individually, I'm excited.