Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-08-2011, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit Reds!!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 10:29 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Holy **** Pirates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Down 4-3 in the bottom of the 8th, now lead 7-4 because of a Michael McKenry 3 run bomb. Hammer time!!!

3 outs from first place!!!
you're not in first place yet!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:38 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if there's a bigger douchebag in baseball then Jose Valverde I'd like to meet him
Old 07-08-2011, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
if there's a bigger douchebag in baseball then Jose Valverde I'd like to meet him
Johnathan Papelbon and AJ Pierzynski.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what? he's like the nicest guy ever

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:44 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It was just a matter of time, like a lot of us were saying in here. :D

I still hate Schafer at CF, but I still would hate to trade any of the current pitching staff for a bat right now.

And on another note... Freddie is freaking mashing right now. mmm mmm.
I love Schafer in center. The man is probably one of the best defensive CF's in baseball and he may not have the best batting average but he scores runs pretty well which is what a leadoff hitter is supposed to do right?

Sig by BK

“They have one guy, he’s pretty short. But he can go out and play. He can be a little aggravating too.’’ -- Joe Flacco talking about Brent Grimes.
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
I love Schafer in center. The man is probably one of the best defensive CF's in baseball and he may not have the best batting average but he scores runs pretty well which is what a leadoff hitter is supposed to do right?
No he isn't, and no it's not. A leadoff hitter is supposed to get on base, and Schafer doesn't do that particularly well.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonRath View Post
He's terrible....he'd be better off batting 8th. He has a .293 OBP, that is pathetic for a lead off hitter. I wouldnt hope for any kind of real consistency to come out of him. He hasnt been able to do anything with the bat, since the whole HGH situation. Statistically, Frenchy was better at getting on than Schafer is. lol. Atlanta is trying hard to turn him into a leadoff guy, because it gives them speed at the top...but he's just not a great fit. The stats dont lie. He doesnt have a good bat at all. Just for a comparitive factor...Schafer's numbers even pale in comparison to the ordinary, Gregor Blanco, the Braves had a couple of years ago. Schafer looks like a 4th OF type in the long run....or maybe a weak starter for the Royals one day. An upgrade or a legit lead off man, would do wonders for the Braves' offense.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:37 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could just trade for McCutchen...

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, the Pirates are STILL not getting any respect in the media. I know they haven't won **** in almost two decades, but comeon man.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its been about 3 months now and I still don't think ESPN realizes the Diamondbacks are in contention

Old 07-08-2011, 11:56 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, the Pirates are STILL not getting any respect in the media. I know they haven't won **** in almost two decades, but comeon man.
I feel like they need to upgrade at first base. I'm really not a fan of Overbay and if they can get a solid starter in his place and the pitchers can keep it up I think they'll give the Cards a LOT of trouble.

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
its been about 3 months now and I still don't think ESPN realizes the Diamondbacks are in contention
That's what happens when your team pretty much sucks every year. All they wanna talk about is Big Papi's ***** punches and the Yankees rainout.
Old 07-08-2011, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I feel like they need to upgrade at first base. I'm really not a fan of Overbay and if they can get a solid starter in his place and the pitchers can keep it up I think they'll give the Cards a LOT of trouble.
I agree. Rumors are going around that the Pirates are interested in Carlos Pena. I wouldn't mind it.

Also, Matt Hague in AAA is mashing the ball.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree. Rumors are going around that the Pirates are interested in Carlos Pena. I wouldn't mind it.

Considering Overbay has a **** average, Penas avg and Ks would be nothing compared to the run production and average D. What would you see them giving up?

Compliments of TACKLE

Old 07-09-2011, 12:03 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:

Trade you Juan Miranda or Brandon Allen for some sort of relief pitcher

Old 07-09-2011, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Reds either start making some trades or Call up all those youngsters in AAA that u are high on.

God i Hope the Pirates Win the Central i am tired of seeing the Cardinals/Cubs winning it all the time.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
Considering Overbay has a **** average, Penas avg and Ks would be nothing compared to the run production and average D. What would you see them giving up?

Probably a C pitching prospect.

Quote:
I'll pass. I'm not high on any of them honestly. I'd let Hague play if it came down to that.
Old 07-09-2011, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you not pimping Brandon Allen anymore?

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Frankie Rodriguez.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Are you not pimping Brandon Allen anymore?
I don't recall ever pimping him but we have a surplus of average 1b who should be moved for relief pitching so I never have to see Aaron Heilman again

Wish we would give Allen a shot though, Miranda has been doing terrible since early July while Allen is hitting 303/426/570 in AAA

Old 07-09-2011, 12:54 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So that fight thing was pretty god damn stupid. Gregg had already gotten run from the game for coming off the mound to Ortiz.Ortiz should have just kept himself in check. That's likely a five game suspension, even though the punches didn't connect.

But really, this is cute and all Orioles. You make a big huff because your crap defense allowed eight runs to score in the first and then try to play it off like you're the Angels of Baseball justice. Gregg was clearly throwing WAAAY inside to Ortiz too, anyone could see it. If I'm an O's fan dealing with a ****** team that's been run poorly for this many years, you gotta love a guy like Buck. But throwing at people for no god damn reason and trying to swing it as "oh we were trying to compete" is complete crap. No reason for anyone to get hurt in garbage time, especially when no one on the Sox did anything to rub it in or particularly unsportsmanlike. It would be different if this was a Manny admiring his shot situation or something of that, but these were meaningless innings.

The funny part is Gregg went on the claim that it's the best way to get Ortiz out....which might have been true six years ago, but this year he's clobbering balls inside according to all charts. He's probably bullshitting due to the fact he didn't have any real good reason to try to hit Ortiz, but if he's not he's certainly not doing his due diligence on how to get the hitters he'll be facing out, especially ones he'll be facing multiple times within the division.

EDIT:
The one good thing from that is we get the best thing John Lackey has done in a Red Sox uniform; tossed a bunch of guys off Scutaro and basically was willing to take the entire team on.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 07-09-2011 at 01:04 AM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:33 AM    (permalink
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo?
Pro Bowler

Location: Near the home of the 2010 WORLD SERIES CHAMPION San Francisco Giants
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Frank Francisco
Off John Perrotto's twitter:
Quote:
#Blue Jays' Frank Francisco makes real class move. Asks reporters if they want to talk to him. They say yes and he tells them to f*** off.
What a troll.
WhatWouldBillyBajemaDo? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 02:39 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The ump should have tossed him after he walked towards Gregg the first time.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 11:08 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
The ump should have tossed him after he walked towards Gregg the first time.
By the letter of the law, Gregg should have been tossed when he left the mound, which was when Ortiz was yelling.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote