Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Have you ever worked a retail job?

During my tenure in college I've worked a retail job for a few years. I have to say, this is probably the worst kind of job you can have. Well, I'm sure there are worse things you can get paid for, but it's pretty much at the bottom of the barrel. Personally, I can't wait to get out of this hell-hole. The main negatives:

- Terrible pay. Unless you are in a manager position you're not going to be making that much above minimum wage.

- Say goodbye to having cultural holidays off. Labor Day, 4th of July, President's Day? No, you're working.

- Weekends? Nope.

- Awful scheduling. Especially if you work a lot of hours at most of these jobs. It's not the normal 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday. Be prepared to have your entire week ****** with.

- Oh and the best part about it. Rude ass customers. And I work at a pretty decent place I have to say as far as retail is concerned. Regardless there are going to be people out there that believe they have this superiority complex because you are working in retail and they are not. People love to leave trash. People love to try and make "deals" with the employees. People don't read policies that are easily identifiable, and when they are politely pointed out to the said polices, they get ticked. Oh and screaming kids, and bringing in pets (even though the sign says no pets) don't help matters either.

No I'll say that I have been on the other side and gone into stores with terrible service and just employees themselves that are actually rude. But working in the retail world has made me a better shopper and a much more patient individual. Really, you'll be amazed at some folks that will take their frustration out on you personally due to things that are beyond your control. Some people may like retail and want to move up the ladder and community with other and deal with all of that. I'm just saying it's not for me. The main two reasons are probably the pay (people don't get paid enough to put up with this **** really) and babysitting morons.

So I ask, have you ever worked one of these said jobs?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote