Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2011, 03:03 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Free Agency Signings/Rumors/Discussion Thread

A new, clean thread is needed.

We are $39 million below the new salary cap. So we have money to spend. We WILL be active in free agency.

Our UFAs:
Red indicates not expected back

Milloy, Lawyer S 15
Mare, Olindo P/K 14
Hasselbeck, Matt QB 12 - Likely heading to Tennessee according to multiple sources.
Stokley, Brandon WR 12
Brock, Raheem DE 9
Pitts, Chester OL 9
Babineaux, Jordan S 7
Locklear, Sean OL 7
Terrill, Craig DT 7
Hill, Leroy LB 6
Losman, J.P. QB 6
McCoy, Matt LB 6
Spencer, Chris OL 6
Willis, Ray OL 6

Gordon, Amon DT 5
Jennings, Kelly CB 5
Martin, Ruvell WR 5
Robinson, Michael RB 5
Herring, Will LB 4
Mebane, Brandon DT 4
Richardson, Jay DE 4
Siavii, Junior DT 4

ITEMS/RUMORS:
  • Brandon Mebane - Does he fit our hybrid defense? Is he worth big money? What will 4-3 teams pay for him to play UT? Why did we only tender him at a 3rd-round level (which is void now due to new CBA rules)? He is arguably our best player. I'd like to re-sign him. If we don't, Cullen Jenkins could be a little cheaper and play the same or similar position in whatever our defense evolves into.
  • Cornerback - It is our obvious most glaring need. Jennings could possibly be re-signed but he'd have to move to a nickel role and isn't the type of big, physical CB Pete Carroll covets. Trufant will start but is aging and our depth is questionable. I would guess we'd sign one of the following players: Nnamdi Asomugha (long-shot, but we have the money, the need, and a big-time recruiter), Jonathan Joseph, Antonio Cromartie, Ike Taylor, Carlos Rogers, Richard Marshall.
  • Quarterback - Many insiders are predicting Matt Hasselbeck will start for Tennessee this season. That's fine with me. He was a great Seahawk but it's time to move forward. We're still reportedly in the mix for Kolb (though ARZ remains the heavy favorite) but I don't want to give up a 1st and 3rd (likely compensation). Otherwise, we've been linked to T-Jack and Matt Leinart. If one of those two or Clipboard Jesus starts for us, we may end up with Luck in 2012. Not sure if I'm completely against it.
  • Ray Edwards - It's us, Cleveland, and Philly for his services. We could probably give him the best deal. Interesting. Not sure how I feel about it. If we miss on him, Mathias Kiwanuka may be a fall-back option.
  • Wide Receiver - This is pure speculation but I have a feeling we'll go after a free agent WR. There are just so many on the market not to with all the cap room we have. We aren't in great shape at the position either, unless Golden Tate really does turn into Steve Smith. I have a bad feeling we will overpay for Sidney Rice (injury-prone) or James Jones (way too many drops) and I also wouldn't rule out Pete Carroll making a splash for Moss, TO, or Plaxico. Other possibilities (with no basis - just speculation) include Vincent Jackson, Malcom Floyd, Mike Sims-Walker, Braylon Edwards, and Steve Breaston.
  • Robert Gallery or Logan Mankins - One of these two NEEDS to be starting at LG on opening day. We have been linked to Gallery because of the Tom Cable hiring and we have the money to give Mankins a nice deal. Solidifying the offensive line was a priority during the draft so let's finish the job with a big-time mauler to put next to King Okung.
  • Fullback - We could re-sign Robinson or make a run at Vonta Leach. This is clearly a need that we will address.
Let the discussion begin! Who do you want, what have you heard, etc.

Last edited by gpngc : 07-28-2011 at 11:00 AM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote