Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:09 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
What vets could the Jets cut to pull that off? Seems like a huge feat.
LT, T-Rich, Jason Taylor, Shaun Ellis, Cro (obviously), Brad Smith

Pretty sure that right there would come close to clearing the necessary space

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
His franchise tag is worth about $12 mil.
I'd have to imagine if he signed a 6-7 year deal, his number for the first year would be under the 8 million range.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'd have to imagine if he signed a 6-7 year deal, his number for the first year would be under the 8 million range.
That's what I was thinking as well, though to be honest I'm not expecting us to start negotiating with him right away. But with the things we're already planning to do nothing will surprise me at this point.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
And I'm guessing sims-Walker won't be back right?
According to Mike Sims-Walker's twitter, he's going to get a "fresh start". So no he won't be back.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
LT, T-Rich, Jason Taylor, Shaun Ellis, Cro (obviously), Brad Smith

Pretty sure that right there would come close to clearing the necessary space
For Holmes AND Aso? Considering the Redskins want Holmes pretty badly, not happening...

Silly things like that are just to drum up excitement, it's not realistic at all unless Aso took a major paycut to come East and have a shot at the SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:34 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
For Holmes AND Aso? Considering the Redskins want Holmes pretty badly, not happening...

Silly things like that are just to drum up excitement, it's not realistic at all unless Aso took a major paycut to come East and have a shot at the SB.
Which, if you'd read, he very well may do because he wants to play for the Jets...
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:36 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso to the Jets sounds like something of a pipe dream. He may want to go to a contender, but I really can't see them being able to pay him.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:40 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints have 29 free agents o_O

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 07-25-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aso is staying in Oakland!! ='(

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:52 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Aso to the Jets sounds like something of a pipe dream. He may want to go to a contender, but I really can't see them being able to pay him.
We've gone over in this very thread how they could. It is not a pipe dream, but a real possibility, especially if he's willing to take a bit less - which considering a) he already cashed in on a huge deal and b) he wants to play for the Jets - could happen.
Old 07-25-2011, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone has a hard on for Aso+ Revis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:59 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

UNDRAFTED FREE AGENCY UNDERWAY

Quote:
@AdamSchefter
John Clayton reports that NFL teams were granted the right to sign undrafted players Monday night. So dealings are underway.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 07-25-2011, 08:18 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints agreed to terms with former Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel.
http://twitter.com/#!/dmcdani2/status/95659053296001026
Quote:
I'm a Saint twitter! New Orleans here I come!!!!!!!
Ravens agreed to terms with former Miami (FL) RB Damien Berry.
http://twitter.com/#!/ProFootballTal...56886162038784
Quote:
Ravens will sign undrafted Miami RB Damien Berry tomorrow, per league source.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Which, if you'd read, he very well may do because he wants to play for the Jets...
Ok then. Give me a realistic contract "discount" he could give them, that he'd take, and leaves them enough to outbid Washington for Holmes.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 08:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Saints agreed to terms with former Clemson S DeAndre McDaniel.
http://twitter.com/#!/dmcdani2/status/95659053296001026
Way to sit on your ass Dallas. Not gonna act like he's anything more then a roster bubble player but we have 0 safeties, you'd like to think a talented UDFA at Safety would be a freebie.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2011, 08:24 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ravens land Herzlich

\m/

at least according to http://nflspinzone.com/2011/07/25/fo...timore-ravens/

Last edited by bam bam : 07-25-2011 at 08:27 PM.
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:28 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://twitter.com/#!/NealDriscoll/s...63342470971392
Quote:
Kendric Burney to the Panthers, DeAndre McDaniel to the Saints, Mark Herzlich to the Ravens, and Weslye Saunders to Steelers are GREAT moves
Quote:
Jonathan Freenet, DE, out of Rutgers is Dolphins first signing..3-4 OLB
http://twitter.com/#!/AthleteAdvisor
Quote:
Congrats to elite sports agency clients C Sampson Genus -Green Bay & S Sidney Glover - Buffalo...more deals to come

Last edited by redbills : 07-25-2011 at 08:32 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Way to sit on your ass Dallas. Not gonna act like he's anything more then a roster bubble player but we have 0 safeties, you'd like to think a talented UDFA at Safety would be a freebie.
Dallas always sits on thier ass in FA.

I'm more interested in who we're cutting to be honest.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

http://twitter.com/#!/NFLDraftInsider
big list here

Quote:
UNC TE Zack Pinalto to the Buffalo Bills.
Preston Dial (TE, Alabama) to the Lions.
Southern Miss DT Anthony Gray to the Steelers.
Matt Estrada (S, Northern Arizona) to #Jaguars
Greg Ellingson FIU WR is a Jaguar
Rutgers SS Joe Lefeged to the Colts
Miami RB Greg Cooper to the #Eagles.
Georgia Tech CB Mario Butler to #Cowboys
Auburn's OC Ryan Pugh to the #Panthers
Dejuan Harris RB Troy to the #Jaguars
Ohio State CB Devon Torrence to the Vikings.
Scott Riddle Elon QB to the Jaguars
Corey Woods, OT, Akron to the #Patriots
South Carolina WR Tori Gurley to the #Packers
Oregon State CB James Dockery to the Rams
OL California, Donovan Edwards to 49ers
Harvard OT Brent Osborne has agreed to terms with the Seahawks.
add
Quote:
Shaky Smithson (KR, Utah) to the Packers

Last edited by redbills : 07-25-2011 at 08:40 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I've heard so far:

Arizona Cardinals
WR Davieun Curry-Chapman, Northern Arizona

Baltimore Ravens
RB Damien Berry, Miami (FL)
LB Mark Herzlich, Boston College

Buffalo Bills
TE Zach Pianalto, North Carolina

Carolina Panthers
C Ryan Pugh, Auburn
CB Kendric Burney, North Carolina

Dallas Cowboys
CB Mario Butler, Georgia Tech

Detroit Lions
TE Preston Dial, Alabama

Green Bay Packers
WR Tori Gurley, South Carolina
KR Shaky Smithson, Utah

Indianapolis Colts
S Joe Lefeged, Rutgers

Jacksonville Jaguars
QB Scott Riddle, Elon
RB DuJuan Harris, Troy
WR Greg Ellingson, Florida International
DE Marc Schiechl, Colorado School of Mines
S Matt Estrada, Northern Arizona
LS Kyle Miller, Mount Union

Miami Dolphins
DE Jonathan Freeny, Rutgers

Minnesota Vikings
CB Devon Torrence, Ohio St.

New England Patriots
OT Corey Woods, Akron

New Orleans Saints
S DeAndre McDaniel, Clemson

Philadelphia Eagles
RB Graig Cooper, Miami (FL)

Pittsburgh Steelers
TE Weslye Saunders, South Carolina
DL Anthony Gray, Southern Mississippi

San Francisco 49ers
OL Donovan Edwards, California

St. Louis Rams
CB James Dockery, Oregon St.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:41 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Kent State, FS Brian Lainhart to Cincinnati Bengals
Josh Baker TE Missouri State to the Jets
It's Official, Boise State SS Jeron Johnson with the Seattle Seahawks.
http://twitter.com/#!/NFLDraftInsider

Last edited by redbills : 07-25-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Ok then. Give me a realistic contract "discount" he could give them, that he'd take, and leaves them enough to outbid Washington for Holmes.
Jets are currently 1.2 million over the cap. You can be 6 million over the cap.

$7+ million cap # for Holmes this year.

$11+ million cap # for Nnamdi this year.

19.2 - 6 you can be over the cap = $12.2 over with Holmes and Nnamdi signed.

David Harris' deal goes from the 10 he's making now (tag) to a long-term deal in which his cap # is 5 and change this year.

12.2 - 5 = 7.2 over the cap.

Cut Bryan Thomas = +3.7 in cap space.
Cut LDT = about 2 in cap space.

7.2 - 3.7 - 2 = 1.5 million over the cap.

Mark Sanchez re-structures his deal, freeing up 7.5 million in cap space this season.

Jets are now 6 million UNDER the cap.

Revis could also potentially re-structure (couldn't find how much that could possibly save but dealing with his agents it could be a mess).

Last edited by gpngc : 07-25-2011 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Herzlich to the Ravens? Ah man!

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:54 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Something else to think about - the Ravens just gained about $18 million in cap space. Could they be in on the Nnamdi sweepstakes?
Old 07-25-2011, 08:55 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know anything about OT Corey Woods from Akron?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote