Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Carolina Panthers Team Forum

Carolina Panthers Team Forum Discuss the Panthers

Old 07-26-2011, 06:07 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2011 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...on-guaranteed/

Signed a big deal, thoughts?
dj825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 07:11 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I can't understand how we gave him this much money...

I never put much stock in high performing players for terrible teams. I know he has gotten better every year, but he is being paid like a top defensive end but I consider him more of like a Mike Rucker.

I'm glad he is back, it is just crazy how much money that is.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dj825 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree but completely but at the same time if we didnt resign him we were pretty much screwed, so i guess id rather have him and overpay him then not have him and have a D Line that gets 6 sacks next year lol
Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Wow. I can't understand how we gave him this much money...

I never put much stock in high performing players for terrible teams. I know he has gotten better every year, but he is being paid like a top defensive end but I consider him more of like a Mike Rucker.

I'm glad he is back, it is just crazy how much money that is.
The dude's a stud and will be for a while. This deal takes him till he's 31. Look at his production and then think who he had with him along the line, literally no one of substance.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

Now we need to go out and get someone to pair with him, i think we've got some good young players opposite him but id rather have someone there who has shown they can play just as well as Johnson maybe through free agency (Jason Babin?) or even a trade. Also if we could get Albert Haynesworth for a late round pick like a 6th or 7th i could see that working fairly well only if hes willing to restructure.

Completely off the subject of Johnson, what about Williams? A friend of mine told me he saw on a Panthers fansite that Williams asked to be resigned when he went into the team facilities today, any truth to that? That would be awesome if we got him back as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:49 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

Oh and another interesting thing i found is that Thomas Davis is not a free agent because he didnt play enough games last year, so this year is the last year of his contract barring injury.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
The dude's a stud and will be for a while. This deal takes him till he's 31. Look at his production and then think who he had with him along the line, literally no one of substance.
I'm just not convinced that ging him $32 million guaranteed after his first double digit sack season is smart.

In other news:

Quote:
By 5 p.m., Williams had agreed to a five-year, $43-million deal ($21 million guaranteed) to stay with Panthers, and Davis had agreed to a five-year extension.

Also getting a 5-year deal was linebacker James Anderson.
http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...urning-to.html

I am really happy DeAngelo is back, he is key for Cam Newton. I also love Thomas Davis coming back and Anderson. It is great to see all that money we would have given Cam being used on vets who we need so much.

Also, I was completely unaware we had signed Jeremy Shockey, wow that is not what I expected. Thats one way how you know Fox isn't the coach anymore.

I'm just going to turn this thread into the Free agents thread for now

Last edited by ShutDwn : 07-27-2011 at 07:07 PM.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

We signed Shockey during the brief time the lockout was lifted before the draft and yeah i said the same thing about knowing Fox isnt there to a friend of mine when i heard about it.

Getting Williams back was huge and imo the most important thing we could do in terms of signing our own players.

Little bit puzzling to see Anderson AND Davis coming back but i wont complain too much, i dont wanna see either of them play anywhere else and we locked them both up for a while so i dont think we will have to worry about that. I guess Carolina will be swapping payers around alot defense during games to keep them fresh or something.

What does everyone think about Ron Edwards being signed? I kinda like it because hes prolly better then anyone else we have at the position but i was hoping we would go after someone better. I know almost nothing about him though.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:39 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I don't know much about Edwards and I don't expect too much.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68...ts-retire-team

Speculation on Smith seems to be over now. Calling it a bumpy road doesn't really describe what its been like between Smith and the Panthers but he is still my favorite Panther through it all.

I'm getting pretty excited for training camp to start now. With so many new faces this is definitely the most intriguing camp in a while, although that doesn't mean it will be pretty.

I'm really interested in Rivera's defense and Cam Newton finally getting on the field (and Clausen staying off it). I also can't wait for all the camp hype articles to surface. I wonder which receiver will tear it up this year and then disappear in the regular season??
Old 07-28-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

So gald Smitty is staying, he is a huge part of the team as both a player and a leader.

In that letter Richardson said we would be a big player in free agency...still waiting on that...
Old 07-28-2011, 05:54 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

I wonder who we traded to get Olsen, maybe one of our LBs, or maybe even a Corner? Not much to trade on offense unless we traded Shockey.
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj825 View Post
I wonder who we traded to get Olsen, maybe one of our LBs, or maybe even a Corner? Not much to trade on offense unless we traded Shockey.
I'm sure we got your #5 or #6 linebacker.

You guys are so lucky that our GM is a drooling idiot.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I'm sure we got your #5 or #6 linebacker.

You guys are so lucky that our GM is a drooling idiot.

Probably get that LB Williams back that we got from you last year for Chris Harris.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj825 View Post
Probably get that LB Williams back that we got from you last year for Chris Harris.
I'll rage.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 06:54 PM    (permalink
dj825
Rookie

Anyone hear anything about our draft picks? We've signed 10 UDFA's but i have heard nothing about any of our draft picks since Monday when they said they wanted to sign Cam ASAP.
Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/...n-4-years.html

Cam is signed.

Olsen was a good pick up. Looks like they are going to go with "tight ends are a QBs best friend" to help Cam.

Considering the money Aso just got makes me really question the Johnson contract.