Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 07-27-2011, 04:10 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You went from Vince Young and Kerry Collins to Hasselbeck and Locker. Looks like a serious upgrade to me.
Its hard going from 2 black Qbs to 2 white QBs. I guess I'm going to have to adjust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VY had us at 5-3, t-1st in the AFC South, and they had the #1 points forced and #1 point allowed rankings in the division. Then he got hurt, and Kerry Collins and Rusty Smith limped us to a 1-7 record the rest of the way.

I'm hoping Hass can at least bridge the gap between VY and KC. Hell, considering the situation in TN, with the great pass-blocking OL, CJ taking handoffs, and a superior WR corps (all assuming CJ doesn't holdout and Britt isn't suspended too long), and I don't think it's out of the realm that we see playoff Hass and not the regular season Hass.

Seems we're in the mix for Ray Edwards. He'd certainly be a welcomed addition, but his salary will probably be obnoxious. I had been faintly hoping for G Harvey Dahl, who I think would fit amazing on the OL, but now that C Shaun O'Hara has been released, I think he's got my hopes now. Inferior player, but has been cut so no compensatory pick negation. Plus, I'd rather upgrade C than LG. It's the more important position, and Amano/Harris wouldn't be as big of a liability at LG.

Still watching Tully and Babin too, but I think they'll get better money elsewhere.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Ray Edwards- yay or nay?
Nay. But maybe that's just because I wanna Madden this **** up and put JJ at LE.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say yay to Edwards. He'd improve the line, but he's not good enough to force the staff to keep JJ at DT. Actually, the play of Question Marks and Jurrell Casey will have the biggest impact on moving JJ to DE, so he may be stuck there regardless.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its hard going from 2 black Qbs to 2 white QBs. I guess I'm going to have to adjust.
Kerry Collins is black?

Nay,On Ray Edwards.
Complex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was so cool having a Top scoring team for like 8 weeks. Damn you Phins,Kerry Collins,Jeff Fisher, and Rusty Smith.
Old 07-28-2011, 04:13 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
Kerry Collins is black?
He wears it well!

I'ma post this here too... Just tweeted this, and meant to do it earlier when it occurred to me, but if the 3 years/$21 million contract Matt Hasselbeck is reported to have gotten is correct, he'll be making less annually than Kerry Collins did when he re-signed for 2 years/$15 million after the 2008 season (KC's had $8.5 million guaranteed; still no word on Hass's guaranteed money). And although Hass got that coveted 3rd year, his contract is backloaded with a good bit of money in that 3rd year - means they can cut him after two years, pay substantially less than the actual sum of the contract, and turn things over to Locker.

But, that mostly illustrates how much the Titans overpaid for Collins more than it does them underpaying for Hasselbeck, sooo... I just thought it was neat.

Wonder where Pitbull is. He usually pops in randomly at times like this.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:38 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First- Yes Kerry Collins is obviously black.

Second- this is what I want to see happen today-

1) Tulloch signs with someone not named the Titans so I dont have to worry.
2) Cut Chris Hope
3) Cut VY
4) Make a fair offer to Ray Edwards, but don't overpay
5) Try to find a run-stuffing DT
6) go after a safety
7) look at a linebacker (manny!)

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 10:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we trade for Eric Berry yet?
Old 07-28-2011, 12:25 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

But we don't need to sign a S since we'll be drafting Kenny Tate next year.

That, or we draft Mark Barron or Janzen Jackson (who could be a Tyvon Branch type SS, I suppose) in the early 2nd RD if we pick too high in the 1st RD.

SS, MIKE, CB (Finny is a FA), DE/DT (pending which position JJ stays at), and G/C (Jake Scott is a FA, and the others suck) are what I'm looking at. Premier players at all of those spots too!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
jwyattsports Jim Wyatt
#Titans have released DT Tony Brown, sources say
wtf I dont even...

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Quote:
wtf I dont even...
wow, what are they doing?

Last edited by Complex : 07-28-2011 at 01:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Why before Jovan Haye?
Old 07-28-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The #Titans told Brown's agent he failed a physical and the team "wanted to go in another direction."

sounds like he isn't coming back either...

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I need a hug.

BTW

Quote:
have agreed to terms with DT Zach Clayton (7th round, Auburn) on a four-year deal worth roughly $2 million, sources say

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

First round of cuts-

Quote:
Also released by #Titans, in addition to Brown and Young:) Dominique Lindsay, DE Marcus Howard, DE Kareem Brown and OL Jeff Hansen

still no Jovan Haye or Hope.....

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 04:44 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Add these:
- Ryan Mouton
- Colin Allred
- Eugene Amano
- Lavelle Hawkins
- Justin Gage
- Rusty Smith
Old 07-28-2011, 05:24 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

You can't cut Rusty!

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

I don't understand cutting Tony Brown, but I bet we sign a DT in FA now. Kinda wonder if the Seattle trio in the FO want Brandon Mebane, although I'm not sure how realistic that would be.

CJ is courting Braylon Edwards on twitter. I'd actually like that move considering the Britt situation. Then when Britt gets back, it'd be him at #1, Edwards at #2, and Washington/DWill in the slot. Regardless of his drops, he's the only available WR that can challenge Britt's talent.

Oh, and Zach Miller/David Thomas, Vonta Leach, and Manny Lawson would be swell too. :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-28-2011, 06:48 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Any thoughts on coaxing Derrick Mason or Todd Heap to a cheap 1 year deal?
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Heard Titans were interested in the Fells guy from St.Louis at TE. Reports are that they are also interested in D-mase. Havent read anything about them going after a DT or safety.....

also

Quote:
jwyattsports Jim Wyatt
The #Titans have agreed to terms with rookie OL Byron Stingily on a four-year deal.
In all honesty, I think this guy is going to be a keeper.

Quote:
Old 07-28-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Any thoughts on coaxing Derrick Mason or Todd Heap to a cheap 1 year deal?
The nostalgia of DMase would be awesome, but I think we should go with Damian Williams and stick with the youth.

Todd Heap I would welcome though. We need an all-around TE to balance out Cook's pure receiving and Stevens's primary blocking. Heap would provide that.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
jwyattsports Jim Wyatt
The #Titans have also agreed to terms with LB Colin McCarthy, RB Jamie Harper, both fourth round picks
update..............

Quote:
Old 07-29-2011, 12:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Jamie Harper will get a lot of action with CJ holding out. Him, Ringer, and Stafon Johnson will get their opportunities.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Any news on any potential signings or at least anybody we are interested in?