Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Houston Texans Team Forum

Houston Texans Team Forum Discuss the Texans

Old 07-22-2011, 11:13 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plaxico supposedly mentioned that he would like to play for the Texans. I would like to see it although I never see it happening because the Texans only choose pretty boys. Had Jackson bet on chicken fights before then we probably wouldnt have picked him.
Old 07-25-2011, 05:04 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I would love it if we got Plaxico but I don't see it happening. But I'm still feeling pretty good about landing Nnamdi.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:31 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Yeah I would love it if we got Plaxico but I don't see it happening. But I'm still feeling pretty good about landing Nnamdi.
I'm kinda torn between signing ASO to a huge contract, or signing Joseph for less and getting a good safety too. I think im leaning towards ASO, he is just to good.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:01 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be very happy with with either Joseph or ASO.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys love some Hokies.

In addition to Brown, Adibi, and Carmichael, you signed Steven Friday and John Graves today.

Any idea on what type of talent you have at OLB and DE? I think they should both adapt to their new positions nicely. Graves has a monster work ethic and is a natural leader who is a good athlete inside when healthy. Could profile as a nice guy to have on the team. Friday could make some noise at OLB. He came to VT at like 220 and struggled to put on weight but had a nice senior year for us. Very explosive player, I'll be interested to see how he does.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:55 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jjmt2500 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans have a lot to do in resigning Leeche and Jones, talking to the high profile CB and S free agents.

But the Texans decide to make the first move by signing Damoine Lewis. WOW good work Rick. I bet most teams had signing Damoine Lewis at the top of there to do list today. The Jets contacted Aso today, the Rams agreed to a deal with Quintin Mikell, but dont worry cause we signed Lewis.

This is a move that should of happened 2 weeks from now, not the first ******* move we make.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

With everything going on i would of thought there would be some posts on here. This forum is DEAD.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmt2500 View Post
With everything going on i would of thought there would be some posts on here. This forum is DEAD.
I feel like every time we get our hopes up, the Texans go and do something stupid to piss us off. We'll probably miss on Nnamdi and let Leach walk. So there's nothing to be happy about.

But I actually do think we'll land Nnamdi. I just wouldn't be surprised if Rick Smith did something miraculously boneheaded for us to lose him.

Last edited by America : 07-28-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Homer View Post
I'd be very happy with with either Joseph or ASO.
Well you got Joseph, better choice IMO.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
Well you got Joseph, better choice IMO.
I was thinking he was a better choice as well. 3-4 years younger and a lot cheaper than Aso.
Old 07-28-2011, 08:43 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Congrats on JJoe... I really wish the Bengals would have tagged him before the lockout
Old 07-28-2011, 09:36 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Joesph has a better 2 yr YPA than Aso on nearly 3 times as many targets. This according to Adam Schefter. That is very impressive.

I wanted Aso but am SUPER happy with Joesph. If Rick would of waited on an answer from Aso we could of lost out on both, great move.

I read a little while ago we are closing in on Daniel Manning from Chi. That would be a nice upgrade at S.
Old 07-28-2011, 11:26 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

I think Joseph was the better deal. Supposedly the deal is 5 years for 48.7 million with 23.5 million guaranteed.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:45 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

We just signed Danieal Manning and it was supposedly for 4 years and 20 million.
Old 07-29-2011, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Texas Homer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joseph and Manning!!!

Sweet!...Sweet!...Sweet!...Sweet!...Sweet!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 04:46 AM    (permalink
Texas Homer
Veteran

That should help the Defense!
Old 07-29-2011, 06:02 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on getting one of the very best CBs in the league at an absolute bargain. It should almost be banned taking candy from the Bengals it just isn't fair on their fans!

Texans suddenly have some pass coverage...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 10:21 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Joseph and Manning should completely reform the secondary's reputation. Those were great pickups. Hopefully Kareem Jackson can regain his confidence and play like a 1st rounder. Or Brandon Harris can come in and play. We're still going to need a lot from the rookies (Brooks Reed and JJ Watt) but I think Wade will have these guys ready to play.

Now just resign Vonta.
Old 07-29-2011, 10:28 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Houston is my third favorite team behind ATL and Philly. Houston Hokies... Haha.

Love the signings, seems like some long-term issues finally being addressed.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 08:50 PM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

This is a very unTexan free agency... I love it. Now if we can find someway somehow to resign Vonta it will be perfect.

If we cut Slaton, Okoye, and Dan O that would free up 7mil. Dont understand why this hasnt happened yet... No one is going to trade for them.
Old 07-29-2011, 11:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Dan Orsafety is clearly worth at least a 3rd. Maybe a 2nd if we throw in David Anderson.
Old 07-30-2011, 12:04 AM    (permalink
jjmt2500
Rookie

Well hes worth nothing now, he got cut.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:25 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well hes worth nothing now, he got cut.
And he got picked up by Indy. There goes the season...
Old 07-30-2011, 11:45 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
This is a very unTexan free agency... I love it. Now if we can find someway somehow to resign Vonta it will be perfect.

If we cut Slaton, Okoye, and Dan O that would free up 7mil. Dont understand why this hasnt happened yet... No one is going to trade for them.
As you probably know by now, Okoye and Orlovski have been released. It sucks to think how good Slaton was just a couple of years ago and then the fumbling thing started and now he rarely sees the field.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:54 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Vonta to Baltimore 3 years 11$ million