College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who wins?
Oregon 22 50.00%
LSU 22 50.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2011, 05:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
God i hate les miles.
more is les

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 07:17 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I mean they are a smurf football team that plays inferior competition most of the year.

Yes, they are quick and have some great small fast guys at the skill positions. But their lines are a joke. Both offensive and defensive. And their overall defense has been pretty weak. Until that changes, I will mock them.

They are like Leach era TTU, TCU, etc... Gimmicky to obscure their weaknesses. Not that obscuring their weaknesses is a fault, but I just think that they are grossly overrated due to the Nike affiliation.
Well I guess over hyped/overrated teams are good enough to play for the NC and come within 3 points of winning. There offensive line is far from a weakness IMO. Defensive line, I agree with.

Inferior competition? They have been playing in the Pac 10 (12?), I wouldnt call that inferior competition, its one of the best conferences in the country. Cmon, you talk like they are playing in the big 10 or somethin lol.

They aren't overrated because of Nike, they are becoming an elite program because of Nike. They are getting hyped more and more because they are becoming a very good football team.

This is coming from a USC fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
Well I guess over hyped/overrated teams are good enough to play for the NC and come within 3 points of winning. There offensive line is far from a weakness IMO. Defensive line, I agree with.

Inferior competition? They have been playing in the Pac 10 (12?), I wouldnt call that inferior competition, its one of the best conferences in the country. Cmon, you talk like they are playing in the big 10 or somethin lol.

They aren't overrated because of Nike, they are becoming an elite program because of Nike. They are getting hyped more and more because they are becoming a very good football team.

This is coming from a USC fan...
They are going to fade away. They aren't remotely the same caliber as USC during their heyday a few years ago.

You build programs with linemen and defense which they lack.

I think the Pac 10 has been poor the past few years. The major programs are still down. USC and Cal are subpar as compared to their recent performance level. UCLA is way down historically.

Stanford and Oregon are up. The Zona schools are confusing, if not bipolar.

The Pac10 is a fine conference wasn't ripping on it, just think they are down due to the dominant powers being down. At the same level last year as Big12 and Big11. They were all relatively the same.

SEC........lots of space........... Big11 Big12 Pac10 all close if not tied.....ACC...................................... ...............Big Least.

This doesn't change my opinion that I think LSU is going to roll Oregon.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would definitely take the pac-12 in front of the big 10 although nebraska bolsters their strength. might even take it over the big 12. but thats a big might

Last edited by YAYareaRB : 07-22-2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:29 AM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
i would definitely take the pac-12 in front of the big 10 although nebraska bolsters their strength. might even take it over the big 12. but thats a big might
Of course you would. That's why regional sports are fun, as when things are even slightly close, we pull for our favorites.

Last year, there is no way the Pac10 was better than the Big10 or Big12.
Only four freaking teams made it to a bowl game. It's not hard to make a bowl game. USC would have made it five.

But who cares? That's like picking your favorite turd. The SEC is solid top to lower middle tier. It's sick.
Old 07-23-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

true about the SEC. they are the top dog. i like the Pac-12 because its a different dog each year. with the big 10 its ohio state.. and then whoever has a good enough team that year to upset them, maybe.

i also just feel you're not giving oregon enough credit saying they would get rolled by LSU. I mean what game in the last 3-4 seasons makes you think LSU would roll anyone?

Old 07-23-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
true about the SEC. they are the top dog. i like the Pac-12 because its a different dog each year. with the big 10 its ohio state.. and then whoever has a good enough team that year to upset them, maybe.

i also just feel you're not giving oregon enough credit saying they would get rolled by LSU. I mean what game in the last 3-4 seasons makes you think LSU would roll anyone?
I'm the guy that was dead certain that wisconsin was going to destroy tcu.

That's why I don't bet on sports. I'd rather have you guys dog me than lose real money :)
Old 07-24-2011, 12:27 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I'm the guy that was dead certain that wisconsin was going to destroy tcu.

That's why I don't bet on sports. I'd rather have you guys dog me than lose real money :)
i dont bet either. i tend to favor the underdog a little too much

Old 07-31-2011, 02:26 PM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i dont bet either. i tend to favor the underdog a little too much
The NFL is great if u like betting the dogs.

As for the game, if I was putting money on it, I would take Oregon.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 12:57 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellojello View Post
The NFL is great if u like betting the dogs.

Old 09-02-2011, 04:34 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kickoff is tomorrow.

LSU won't have Jordan Jefferson playing. Big blow?
Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Kickoff is tomorrow.

LSU won't have Jordan Jefferson playing. Big blow?
Slightly alters the game plan but not a huge blow. JJ was up and down last year with an equal number of bad games to good games and a lot of mediocre ones. LSU will lose the athleticism at QB and replace it with a more prototypical pocket passer. Lee has arguably a stronger arm and, despite his 2008 year, has proven to be slightly more accurate.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Two class programs going at each other.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooting for LSU so they're ranked higher when they go into Morgantown.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Two class programs going at each other.
did you mean classless?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
did you mean classless?
He was being very sarcastic.

BTW, those of us that picked LSU by a bunch were right. The Oregon lines were dominated. They just aren't good enough in the trenches to beat the best teams.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
You must not have not have watched Oregon at all in the past few years. Their line isn't their strength but not much of a weakness either; yes they got abused by Fairley in the NC game but what O-Line didn't get abused by him last year?

Their defense was extremely underrated last year, they were the only defense Andrew Luck didn't tear up. They lost a lot of key starters from last year though. Losing Cliff Harris for this game doesn't help either.
ohio state's line dominated Oregon in the '10 Rose Bowl, Auburn owned Oregon up front in the NC, and now LSU owned Oregon up front tonight. They don't have the big bodies up front to win the big one with that gimmick offense, but they will win a lot of games and are getting there. Once they can start recruiting/developing good line talent they'll be winning championships with the talent they've been collecting at the skill positions.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:57 AM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Oregon offense is nothing but smoke and mirrors. Teams with competent defensive lines such as Ohio State, Auburn, and now LSU have all shown that to be true over the past three years.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Messi333
Rookie

Messi333 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like LSU and I best wish for LSU.