Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-02-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maclin is more valuable. Stop trying to trade Maclin.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Maclin is ill too, so I wouldn't worry about it much.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Maclin is more valuable. Stop trying to trade Maclin.
I didn't offer Maclin, but that's who he wants. I don't see how Maclin is more valuable when Gates put up only 20 less points in 6 less games last season.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have you guys heard about anyone who's been doing well so far in camp right now?

That's how Mike Williams started last year and he was great.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:30 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
I didn't offer Maclin, but that's who he wants. I don't see how Maclin is more valuable when Gates put up only 20 less points in 6 less games last season.
Gates will eventually slow down. It's inevitable. and as you mentioned, he's an injury risk coming off a season in which he missed time. Maclin, on the other hand, plays a very pass-friendly schedule and still has upside.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Gates will eventually slow down. It's inevitable. and as you mentioned, he's an injury risk coming off a season in which he missed time. Maclin, on the other hand, plays a very pass-friendly schedule and still has upside.
how is it inevitable? the guy hasn't slowed down since he broke out and never missed more than one game in a season until last year. i love gates and i want him badly, but don't think i'm going to give maclin away. i'm actually pretty torn.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Because it is scientifically proven that players break down as they age, which adversely affects performance. One sign of this phenomenon is injuries, and Gates missed 6 games last year.

Quote:
The concern here is that this kind of injury can't truly be fixed -- Gates didn't have surgery this offseason -- it can only be maintained.
One of these years Gates will be drafted much higher than he should because his production will decline because of age. This is a fact. It may not be this year but there's a chance it will.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Because it is scientifically proven that players break down as they age, which adversely affects performance. One sign of this phenomenon is injuries, and Gates missed 6 games last year.

One of these years Gates will be drafted much higher than he should because his production will decline because of age. This is a fact. It may not be this year but there's a chance it will.
i ended up declining the offer. the more i think about it, the more i think maclin is going to overtake jackson in production. plus maclin is just 23 and already has a 10 td season under his belt.

right now my keepers are:
freeman
schaub
maclin
harvin
winslow/deangelo williams/jon stewart

it's a 16 team league, ppr, and points for return yardage. also there is a qb spot and an op spot, where you can play any offensive player (hence my keeping 2 qbs).
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
will bradshaw get close to last years numbers now that we know he re-signed in NY? his adp right now seems pretty good at 4.03 for a 10 team league.
He should produce near last years level. That offense is getting better each year and Bradshaw is a great fit for it.

That ADP will probably take a big jump now that he's signed. The lockout made ADP a useless figure, I think. I'm curious to see how/if sites will adjust for that since I expect DWill / Bradshaw / Kolb and some others to skyrocket now that their respective situations are clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
how concerned should i be about gates being on the PUP list? i got offered a trade involving him for maclin+a pick. is the trade worth doing? same league i described earlier
PUP list doesn't concern me as much as the change in situation. Gates numbers were inflated with the lack of solid run support early in the year and the lack of VJax to cut into his numbers. I'd rather have Maclin, and would keep DWill if your last line was a choice between Winslow / DWill / JStew. Winslow is just a guy and the resigning of DWill speaks volumes about JStew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Have you guys heard about anyone who's been doing well so far in camp right now?

That's how Mike Williams started last year and he was great.
Not yet. The news is dominated by the FA frenzy right now. Though the lack of conditioning of Ryan Matthews is enough for me to call Tolbert a stud sleeper at this point. Let some other chump take Matthews in round 3 and then snag Tolbert in 11 for much better numbers.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:19 AM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
PUP list doesn't concern me as much as the change in situation. Gates numbers were inflated with the lack of solid run support early in the year and the lack of VJax to cut into his numbers. I'd rather have Maclin, and would keep DWill if your last line was a choice between Winslow / DWill / JStew. Winslow is just a guy and the resigning of DWill speaks volumes about JStew.
yeah, i pretty much agree with that. ended up holding on to maclin. i also felt like keeping one of stewart or williams is stupid without the other, so i offered them to a guy who's best keeper is david garrard (lol) for the 1st overall pick in the keeper draft... he accepted. i'm keeping winslow now, but i'm fine with that. i think he's poised for a huge year if he stays healthy and i like having one of freeman's top targets. i have picks 1 and 4 in the first round, both of which i can use to get a rb.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You trade rapin' bastard, you!

lol. Good move. DWill / JStew are such a headache to own. Personally, I like DWill to be solid this year, but that combo for a 1st round pick is an easy choice.

Old 08-03-2011, 03:55 PM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I really love this draft, am I crazy?

10 teams

QB: Brees
RB: AP, Forte, Bradshaw, Addai
WR: V. Jackson, Collie, Chad Johnson, Jordy, Breaston
TE: Marcedes, Jimmy Graham
DEF: Chargers, Saints
K: Henery
Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not too crazy about your WRs

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Just started a 10 team league on Yahoo if anyone is interested playing let me know.
Still need some people to join.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

League ID# 307567

League Name: DCD

Password: draftcountdown

Draft time
Sat Sep 3 6:00pm CDT.
Old 08-07-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ******* hate getting the first pick in the draft. always prefered somewhere in the 4- 8 range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still need 1 more player in my 10 team league if anyone is interested link under sig.

Last edited by Splat : 08-08-2011 at 01:22 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Took the plunge with Romo as my QB in my keeper league. Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers, and Vick were all kept and Manning was out of price range, so I'm feeling okay with it. He didn't cost too much and I'll have money to hopefully nab 2 of Fitz, Wayne, Bowe, Colston, and Marshall to round out my WR core with Roddy White. Could also try to grab Finley for around what I got him last year. Could be a good year, but I need Charles to get in the endzone.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Still need 1 more player in my 10 team league if anyone is interested link under sig.
I filled the last spot since i only had 1 Money Team on Yahoo and it will be easy to keep track of 2 teams.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
I filled the last spot since i only had 1 Money Team on Yahoo and it will be easy to keep track of 2 teams.
K, thanks.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:49 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, i am 3 picks away from my pick at 2.01 in my dynasty rookies draft.

I traded up for leshoure about 3 hours before he blew out his achilles.... boo!

Here is who is still available at this point:

Helu
Baldwin
Cobb
Hankerson
Rodgers
Young
All Qbs except Newton
Vincent Brown
and others......

My roster:

Brady
Cutler

Greene
S Jackson
Charles
M Bush
F Jackson
Leshoure
B Jackson

Garcon
James Jones
Lafell
Maclin
A Roberts
Sims-Walker
D Thomas
Wayne

Alright, where should i go? This pick is mostly for depth/future help.

I'm thinking Cobb or a qb (i'm a vikes fan, so i may be a sucker for Ponder)

+ rep for all good suggestions

thanks
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:47 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Probably already done, but I'd say Cobb, too.

Your WRs are thin and he's the solid play with so many QBs still on the board. Driver has one foot in the grave, Jones is gone and Jordy is good but not great.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Probably already done, but I'd say Cobb, too.

Your WRs are thin and he's the solid play with so many QBs still on the board. Driver has one foot in the grave, Jones is gone and Jordy is good but not great.
Jones is still on the team, he was resigned.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was thinking the same things about jones.

i still have about 12 hour to make the pick.

Any other suggestions?
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:32 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Damn . . . gotta shake the rust off . . .

lol

Still, I'd take Cobb. I love me some Hankerson, too. But Green Bay has the known commodity with a young stud QB. Plus, even with Jones signed ;) Jordy is in the final year of his contract.

That roster really needs WRs added.

Old 08-09-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

looking at your roster, i'd probably pick a receiver. i think hankerson would be the best of those options because the skins receiving corps is just awful. the problem is, their qb is, too. i don't trust cobb to really do much for quite a while because green bay just has so many targets as it is. if you want to take a sleeper, from what i gather, denarius moore has been tearing up raiders camp.