Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Fadetoblack
Rookie

Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Fadetoblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To go along with that tweet:
Quote:
Jim Wyatt- Munchak made it sound like Ayers will start at one OLB spot and battle on between McRath and Witherspoon for the other #Titans
Pretty cool that Ayers seems to be setting himself apart from our other LB's.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Wyatt-
Quote:
Munchak made it sound like Ayers will start at one OLB spot and battle on between McRath and Witherspoon for the other

Edit: WHoops I got beat to the news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:52 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just got back from Seattle. Wore my Tits hat the whole time and of course almost everyone would talk to me about Hasselbeck and Locker. They really love those guys up there.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:14 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans are looking to either bring in Mason or Cotchery .

Quote:
Old 08-05-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Mason. He could teach Damian and Mariani the tricks of the trade and maybe give some guidance to Britt.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys think Britt is on the trading block? Someone rumored in on baltimoreravens.com He said Britt is out with a "hamstring injury" and it doesnt seem like he likes it there and maybe we can get him cheap.
Old 08-05-2011, 07:51 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Britt is on the trading block. At least, I haven't heard a single rumor about it, other than some fan frustration over his offseason hijinks. And Munch has been communicating with him ever since the CBA was settled, and the hamstring injury is legit - Britt always has something wrong with his hammies.

Britt is fairly untradeable, in my view. We can't get the value he gives us in return because of his legal troubles, and shipping him out based on principle revokes basically the only viable passing threat that Jake Locker has for the future. Sure, Jared Cook has the talent to become a great Joker TE, but he hasn't proven that yet, Damian Williams propably is better served as a #2/Slot WR, and Nate Washington is too inconsistent. And when our best FA options at this moment are Jerricho Cotchery, Steve Smith (NYG), and Derrick Mason, it's not like we can replace him through that route.

I just don't think the offense can afford to willingly give up Britt. CJ may be our best player, but Britt made that offense go last year. The offense sputtered when we lost VY, but we also lost Britt to injury around the same time. Collins could have probably been a game manager had Britt stayed healthy, but without him, the offense fell apart under KFC. I don't want to have to watch the same thing happen to Hasselbeck and see it take Locker 4 years to look like a viable passer because he has no go-to option that he feels comfortable throwing it to.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Yeah there is no chance and that rumor is completely B.S.... no way in hell we could afford to trade Britt.... that, and the fact Munchak and Palmer have publicly said they plan to run the passing game around him when he gets back from his hammy (which should be Monday).

Quote:
Old 08-06-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Cortland Finnegan is now holding out for whatever reason.

I understand he's in the last year of his contract but c'mon man. You're making almost 4 million dollars this year and he had just an ok season last year. Not to mention the team has bigger holdout fish to fry right now.

Last edited by CashmoneyDrew : 08-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.
CashmoneyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
Just got back from Seattle. Wore my Tits hat the whole time and of course almost everyone would talk to me about Hasselbeck and Locker. They really love those guys up there.
You picked a good time to come out, the weather had been pretty lousy up till about a week ago. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 03:36 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You picked a good time to come out, the weather had been pretty lousy up till about a week ago. Hope you enjoyed your stay.
Yeah it was crazy. Got there Sunday Morning and stayed between Seattle and Vancouver through Thursday and it was only cloudy the first hour I got there. Great weather for the entire rest of the week.

I loved the area. Seattle's a cool town.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Finnegan now returning to the team.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:07 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Kinda hard not to like Jake:

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2...-and-thats-ok/

Quote:
In the first two weeks of training camp, rookie quarterback Jake Locker has pretty much dedicated every minute to football.

When he’s not practicing he’s in meetings. When he’s not in meetings he’s studying the playbook.

Asked if he’s had an opportunity to do anything fun in Nashville, Locker smiled and said:

“You are saying football is not fun. It has been great, man. It is a lot of work, and you do have to put in the time to understand what you are doing. But at the same time you always have to have fun with what you are doing and if not, then you’re doing something wrong.”

also, if training camp means anything, it looks like Munchaks first draft class will turn out to be a good one. Locker, Ayers, Casey, Klug all getting high praise. looks like Zach Clayton is (of now) going to make the final 53 too.

Quote:
Old 08-11-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I'm no rocket scientologist but my guess is somewhere in the 5 years, $35 million range.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
I'm no rocket scientologist but my guess is somewhere in the 5 years, $35 million range.
DeAngelo Williams got paid like 5 years and 45 millions with like 20 guaranteed, so its probably going to be 5 years 55 million.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:13 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I was talking guaranteed money. Incentives and other stuff will probably push it in the 50 millions, yeah.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think CJ should get around 5/$50 million/$30 million guaranteed, or a backloaded extension of 4/$40 million/$24 million guaranteed. All this with the stipulation that he works out in Tennessee and not Florida so he can become more involved in the passing game. $10 million/year is a ton for a RB, but there are two RB's in the entire NFL who are worth it - and we have one of them.

I was thinking adding a 6th year and decreasing the yearly salary average, but he'll be, what, 32 by the time that contract would end? I think 4-5 years is probably the remainder of his prime, and if he's trailing off by the end, the next offer will be substantially less. But who knows? Maybe he's still going, and they can restructure the final year into a 3 year extension.

MR is probably hoping he'll settle for slightly more than what DeAngelo got (5/$43 million/$21 million guaranteed), so about 5/$45-48 million/$24-25 million guaranteed - or possibly entice him with a cheaper overall contract (yet still making him the highest paid RB in the NFL) by offering an unproportionally high guaranteed money amount.

Besides, we saved a ton this year by having a rookie salary cap setting in when we took a QB in the Top 10. That money could absolutely go towards CJ, or even Finnegan, Jason Jones, or Michael Griffin.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-13-2011, 03:09 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

I'm so excited about going the game tonight. Haven't been this anxious for a preseason game since VY and LenDale's rookie year.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2011, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
I'm so excited about going the game tonight. Haven't been this anxious for a preseason game since VY and LenDale's rookie year.
I want to see it but not on live stream, hopefully the NFL network shows it.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

So, basically, *sproing*.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

My take on the Rooks tonight-

Jake Locker- Pretty good for the first game, I thought some of his mid-range balls could have been placed a little better..but that's just nitpicking.

Akeem Ayers- came close to getting a couple of sacks and made a very athletic play in pass coverage. Got fooled a few times on play-action, but nothing too bad.

Jurrell Casey- saw him blow up a few O-lineman and the fumble recovery was sweet.

Karl Klug- I thought he had the best night of anyone. Just all over the place.

Zach Clayton- He had one of the most impressive moments of the night when he chucked an offensive lineman about 5 yards into the backfield, but then whiffed on the sack.

Coach Munch get an A+ for getting a clean game out of everyone and keeping our players healthy.

Quote:
Old 08-14-2011, 12:19 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

The fightin' Munchaks!
Old 08-14-2011, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

I know this is just the preseason,I know I am probably overreacting, but I think we can make the playoffs. We are not in that bad of shape outside of a legit pass rusher.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

What do ya'll guys think of them moving Finny inside to NB on passing downs, and putting ATV outside with McCourty?

Also, I'm pleasantly surprised with McCourty. I figured he'd be the #3 CB behind Finny and ATV, but after McNabb went repeatedly after him and failed every time, I think we're gonna be able to play the matchups with him on bigger, faster WR's and ATV/Finny playing zone across from him.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.