Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That moving screen was a very legitimate call in my opinion. It rarely gets called anymore, but it sure as hecked look like a moving screen. Don't remember the offensive foul situation off the top, but I don't remember thinking, that was a BS call ... so I guess I thought it was alright.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Both were legitimate calls!!!!!
Then it needs to be consistently called. Hibbert had a couple like that and the refs let it go.

Either call it consistently or hold the whistle.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
That moving screen was a very legitimate call in my opinion. It rarely gets called anymore, but it sure as hecked look like a moving screen. Don't remember the offensive foul situation off the top, but I don't remember thinking, that was a BS call ... so I guess I thought it was alright.
Oden caught the ball on the block and lower his shoulder into Green as he tried to get to the hoop

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Hibbert's athleticism and basketball skill is severely overrated, he might be the most skilled bigman in college basketball, he just needs work on conditioning and speed. Oden does get by, by size and athleticism at this point, he has virtually no offensive range, he reminds me of when I watched Kwame Brown play in high school his actual skill was covered by his size and athleticism. Not calling Oden Kwame Brown cause he is so much more athletic and a beast defender but as of now Oden will be no more than a Tyson Chandler.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Donovan left, my guess is that Grant would get the nod.

Btw, not sure if you responded in the other thread Palmer, but I'm fairly certain that I've read comments by Calathes before about how, while he loves Billy D, he wants to be a Gator first and foremost, or something like that. Furthermore, I'd assume Calathes and Parsons are fairly good friends, and Parsons seems certain to stay at Florida. Also, while I'm not well-versed on it, wouldn't Calathes need to get Florida to let him out of his scholarship since he signed his LOI? Granted, most schools end up allowing it, but it would be an issue. I'm not sure Calathes goes anywhere, but eh, we'll see.

I can't wait for this whole Donovan thing to be over, and for Kentucky to get a coach, whoever it is. Eh, just getting tired of it. Was interesting for a couple of days.

There's rumors that Patterson is favoring Duke and Florida, but if Donovan leaves, that would change the dynamics. That said, I've read rumors where, if Donovan leaves, he'd likely committ to Duke. All rumors, though.
The thing with Calathes is about 2 days before his "I want to be a Gator" announcement he had specifically said "If Donovan leaves I will follow him" so I think it was a case of covering his tracks. None of us are sure if the LOI is intact regardless of whether or not the coach stays or leaves but most often the university will allow the player to back out because it's just bad PR to have a kid that doesn't want to play for you. Who knows, hopefully this is a problem.

Patterson has said Kentucky could still make his final 3 cut regardless of whether or not we have a coach or not, I think that puts us in good shape if Billy D comes. Anyones guess is as good as mine as to where he wants to go. I think pending who our coach is and if they run an uptempo offense that Jai Lucas will still probably come.

I can understand others getting bored of the mention about the UK job. I am mostly because there is such a bias against or fan base from the media. They tag us all as having unrealistic expectations and it's just not the case. We want a CHANCE, that's all. A talented team that you could see having potential to make a final 4 run. When Tubby lost as the #1 seed in the 2nd round none of us were calling for his head then... It happens. I'm about tired of hearing Vitale/Wilbon and some of the other ignorant "experts" bad mouthing us. Jay Bilas has had the best opinion so far and I really gained a lot of respect for him over all of this.

Onto the FF... Ohio State just seems like one of the teams that just knows how to win. I don't think Oden is the force he's made out to be but the team is just so solid as a whole.

In the UF/UCLA game I wish neither team could win haha.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
I think Hibbert's athleticism and basketball skill is severely overrated, he might be the most skilled bigman in college basketball, he just needs work on conditioning and speed. Oden does get by, by size and athleticism at this point, he has virtually no offensive range, he reminds me of when I watched Kwame Brown play in high school his actual skill was covered by his size and athleticism. Not calling Oden Kwame Brown cause he is so much more athletic and a beast defender but as of now Oden will be no more than a Tyson Chandler.
Agree. Oden just does not have the offensive game to be the big time player people expect him to be when he gets to the NBA. He'll be a great defensive player but he won't win you games on the offensive end.

Old 03-31-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is going to be a funny comparison, but watching Oden today, I think of Bill Cartwright (albeit, more skilled and not the funky free throw shooting). But people forget that, in his heyday, which was why the Bulls dealt for Jordan's buddy Oakley for him, Cartwright was a solid offensive option and a solid defensive player, mostly on account of his size. Oden will be solid in both areas, I think. Now, that said, Oden's an unfinished prospect, so he can get better, but that's what I thought of today iin regards to what I think he is right now.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agree. Oden just does not have the offensive game to be the big time player people expect him to be when he gets to the NBA. He'll be a great defensive player but he won't win you games on the offensive end.
Oden nailed a 12 foot jumper and he made 2 very nice post moves to the basket. I think his offensive game is pretty good right now.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Oden nailed a 12 foot jumper and he made 2 very nice post moves to the basket. I think his offensive game is pretty good right now.
Yeah, RIGHT NOW, but that won't cut it in the pros

Old 03-31-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Go Florida!!!!! :)

Old 03-31-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I can understand others getting bored of the mention about the UK job. I am mostly because there is such a bias against or fan base from the media. They tag us all as having unrealistic expectations and it's just not the case. We want a CHANCE, that's all. A talented team that you could see having potential to make a final 4 run. When Tubby lost as the #1 seed in the 2nd round none of us were calling for his head then... It happens. I'm about tired of hearing Vitale/Wilbon and some of the other ignorant "experts" bad mouthing us. Jay Bilas has had the best opinion so far and I really gained a lot of respect for him over all of this\.
Dick Vitale has been such a ***** about it, he started getting really annoying.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, RIGHT NOW, but that won't cut it in the pros
Why won't it cut it in the pros? I agree he needs to polish it up but that drop step was gorgeous, he has great footwork, he can step out and hit the jumper, and he has a nasty half hook.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Why won't it cut it in the pros? I agree he needs to polish it up but that drop step was gorgeous, he has great footwork, he can step out and hit the jumper, and he has a nasty half hook.
You are over-exaggerating his abilities on the offensive end a little bit

Old 03-31-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
You are over-exaggerating his abilities on the offensive end a little bit
From what I've seen he's pretty solid offensively. He's not great but he's solid.

So you don't think his half hook, his 12 foot jumper, nor his drop step will work in the pros then?

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 08:15 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He doesn't have many post moves. He needs to develop more in his repetoire to become a consistent scorer at the next level.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:20 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you're right, the charging was his inexperience :P

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
He doesn't have many post moves. He needs to develop more in his repetoire to become a consistent scorer at the next level.
Well whenever I've watched him he's looked darn good in the post. He put on a clinic in the Big 10 Tournament, I liked what I saw in Big 10 Conference play, and I saw some nice things in the tournament from him.

Greg needs polishing but I think he's fairly solid offensively. If he was more agressive, I think he'd do ok.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I have been saying, Noah is awful and shouldn't be a lottery pick, but looks like Flordia has this in the bag, Brewer is shooting impressively but I still don't like him that much as a prospect.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:57 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Brewer reminds me of a lankier Bruce Bowen. Knows how to use his body defensively, positions himself well, and shoots well enough. I don't think he'll be a dominant scorer, but will score enough as a secondary option.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Brewer reminds me of a lankier Bruce Bowen. Knows how to use his body defensively, positions himself well, and shoots well enough. I don't think he'll be a dominant scorer, but will score enough as a secondary option.
I see where you are coming from; Good call!

Old 03-31-2007, 09:02 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Like I have been saying, Noah is awful and shouldn't be a lottery pick, but looks like Flordia has this in the bag, Brewer is shooting impressively but I still don't like him that much as a prospect.
Noah is waaay overrated, kinda like Sean May from a few years ago. Doesn't have many if any post moves, no range on his shot, that rotation is terrible. Brewer is a good prospect. He's kind of like Jeff Green(less passing vision, more aggressive scorer), or Ronnie Brewer from last year(less range on his shot). He's an excellent defender, and has a good mid-range game. Has the athletic ability to take it to the rim. He needs to work on his ball-handling and passing, forces too many things. He's a great prospect, can turn out to be a Jalen Rose/Scottie Pippen type player.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:13 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Wow, UCLA just does not matchup well at with Florida. Too bad Love isn't already playing for UCLA, he'd make it a lot more interesting.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is brutal.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCLA lacks post offense. Their defense has tried to cover it up and that's why they're here. Humphrey could easily be the MOP of this tournament.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Florida has 10 turnovers while UCLA has 3?