Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Wow, UCLA just does not matchup well at with Florida. Too bad Love isn't already playing for UCLA, he'd make it a lot more interesting.
UCLA will be right back next year with pretty much everyone returning (unless Afflalo goes, which I think he might).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Afflalo can't get anything going tonight. His ball handling is really being exposed today while he tries to create for himself. The losing team's stars are having bad days today.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UCLA will be better when Kevin Love gets there next year ... for now, they just don't have it.

I really wonder if Donovan will end up going pro himself, rather than all those Kentucky rumors. It's an ideal time for him, still young enough to forge a long college career if he struggles in the pros. His value will be at a peak.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
UCLA will be right back next year with pretty much everyone returning (unless Afflalo goes, which I think he might).
Afflalo looks so discouraged right now. UCLA has no timeouts and is 1-10 from 3. Wow.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Afflalo shouldn't go pro. I doubt he's a first round lock. Might as well come back, try and improve your stock, maybe make a strong run next year that might attract attention. That said, Afflalo's stock is never going to be high for the NBA.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Afflalo shouldn't go pro. I doubt he's a first round lock. Might as well come back, try and improve your stock, maybe make a strong run next year that might attract attention. That said, Afflalo's stock is never going to be high for the NBA.
Yeah, Afflalo's basically a one trick pony. He's a more athletic J.J. Reddick pretty much(but not that much more). I don't know why people aren't talking about him like Reddick, because of skin color?
Old 03-31-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
UCLA will be better when Kevin Love gets there next year ... for now, they just don't have it.

I really wonder if Donovan will end up going pro himself, rather than all those Kentucky rumors. It's an ideal time for him, still young enough to forge a long college career if he struggles in the pros. His value will be at a peak.
Well, I honestly have no idea whether or not he will but his mentor is Rick Pitino... We all know how that went. He's a smart guy, he's seen how many college coaches fail when going to the NBA.

On the other hand... He's very ambitious and has the attitude that could make him feel like he can be the one that is successul at it.

I think UK or not he'll stay in the NCAA.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Well, I honestly have no idea whether or not he will but his mentor is Rick Pitino... We all know how that went. He's a smart guy, he's seen how many college coaches fail when going to the NBA.

On the other hand... He's very ambitious and has the attitude that could make him feel like he can be the one that is successul at it.

I think UK or not he'll stay in the NCAA.
Donavan isn't going to the NBA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

I think Donovan is better suited to the collegiate game ... but the guy's got an ego, as do all top coaches, and at his age, he may just be tempted to see if he can do it in the pros. Dunno.

I think Redick's better suited for the pros than Afflalo in all honesty. Nice collegiate player, but I just don't see it for the pros where the athletes on the wings will be able to disrupt him.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:39 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think Donovan is better suited to the collegiate game ... but the guy's got an ego, as do all top coaches, and at his age, he may just be tempted to see if he can do it in the pros. Dunno.

I think Redick's better suited for the pros than Afflalo in all honesty. Nice collegiate player, but I just don't see it for the pros where the athletes on the wings will be able to disrupt him.
Redick better suited for the pros? Afflalo is more athletic than Redick, and is a better passer, and is better defensively than Redick. I don't know about that.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:44 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone else wondering who this Billy Dunovan guy that Packer keeps talking about is?
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:50 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all the good games in this tourney the Final Four turns out to be really boring.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
With all the good games in this tourney the Final Four turns out to be really boring.
Thats alright there's still Monday where the two schools that competed for football's National Championship square off in College Basketball's title game.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:52 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh look, an Afflalo sighting. Too bad it's with about two minutes to go in the game. Your team could've used you a lot sooner my friend.

Absolutely pathetic performance by UCLA. They looked like they didn't even care out there. Horrible blocking out, terrible defense, no energy...Yuck.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Stating the obvious, but assuming Florida wins, for Ohio State to win, Mike Conley Jr. will need to one up Darren Collison and tremendously harass Taurean Green. Green's just been inconsistent at times this year, and Conley has the quickness to cause him a ton of trouble. If I'm Florida, I'd give long consideration to putting Brewer on Conley, to be honest, giving Green a bit of a breather on defense comparatively.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
ROFLMAO, that's hysterical.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
:) Thanks. I needed that after getting the Final Four right only to go 0-2 for the championship game.:(
Old 03-31-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Stating the obvious, but assuming Florida wins, for Ohio State to win, Mike Conley Jr. will need to one up Darren Collison and tremendously harass Taurean Green. Green's just been inconsistent at times this year, and Conley has the quickness to cause him a ton of trouble. If I'm Florida, I'd give long consideration to putting Brewer on Conley, to be honest, giving Green a bit of a breather on defense comparatively.
I think Monday's game will be much more exciting because both teams like to run. Can't wait. I've still got UF winning that one though.

Quote:
Old 03-31-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
That would not be a bad idea to put Brewer on Conley b/c the rest of Ohio State's guards just sit on the perimeter

Old 03-31-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Florida against Ohio State for the championship. Didn't we just see this four months ago in football?
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
Florida against Ohio State for the championship. Didn't we just see this four months ago in football?
Hopefully it turns out the same way too

Old 03-31-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hopefully it turns out the same way too
You mean with OSU's best pro prospect, Oden, breaking his leg in celebration?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
You mean with OSU's best pro prospect, Oden, breaking his leg in celebration?
No, just the score :)

Old 03-31-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
No, just the score :)
Personally, I hate both teams and hope they all pass out while playing and the game is declared a draw.