Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-11-2011, 06:55 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Carr is looking pretty awful on the first drive of the game. I really wish we signed Josh Wilson instead. Anyone know how much we paid Carr?
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 08:21 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch Carr the entire drive but I'll let him slide on that long play to Cooper. Only cause its week 1 preseason.

I do wanna know the details of his contract.

things I like - Arthur Jones, Paul Kruger(much better fit at OLB), Sergio Kindle all look very active. Love what I see from them.

As for the WR's - Haven't seen enough from Torrey Smith to make any comments but I think Tandon Doss will have a very solid rookie season. Seems like a bigger version of Derrick Mason.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Early impressions of Tyrod?

I can only see the stat line. Mixed bag due to the interceptions. I read his protection has been poor.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 09:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, protection was bad, Oniel Cousins is GARBAGE. put him at guard, guy can't play tackle.

Tyrod for his first NFL action, did okay. I def. want us to go out and get a proven backup behind Flacco though. Taylor is def. someone we can develop and I can't wait to see more of him throughout the preseason.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:49 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyrod is illusive as hell and has nice touch but he doesn't have an NFL deep ball because he puts way too much air under the ball and he just has that playground mentality which will be hard as hell to break.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You also have to consider the fact that this is Taylor's first game, and it's against a very good defense and he's hardly had any time to get the offense down. He had some impressive scrambles but he's got a long way to go in reading the defense.

I agree with BmoreByrdz - Cousins got manhandled. He just doesn't have the feet to play outside. The wide receivers really disappointed me too. Neither Doss nor Torrey did much to lead me to believe they can replace Mason. And the defensive backs as a whole did not play well in coverage, but Haruki was pretty active in run support and Pollard looked very impressive.

For the things that looked good...

Dennis Pitta was impressive as a receiver, showing good hands and looking like a security blanket for Flacco. He and Dickson will be a good duo. But he missed a big blocking assignment when Rice got tackled for a big loss. That will get fixed with more practice though.

Kruger looks like the light may have switched on (although he needed to wrap Vince up on that 3rd and long). And Art Jones and Sergio Kindle look like they will play serious minutes this year. Both were getting into the backfield. There was some bad though from the LBs, notably the young ILBs. Ellerbe and McClain both need to learn how to wrap up.

Last edited by America : 08-11-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think wrapping up with the tackles will come in time. They are still rusty.

I was most impressed with Pitta and Kruger. I didnt expect that from Kruger.

We need a back up center bad!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:11 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Carr was awful
Ladarius Webb was awful
Oniel Cousins and Jah Reid were awful
Paul Kruger and Jameel McClain led the world in missed tackles...

Laquan Williams was good but had a drop
Dennis Pitta was good but had a drop

I would say overall we looked like a pretty mediocre team, which I expect we'll look like a lot this year.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But we did just trade for Lee Evans

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-12-2011, 12:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We traded a 4th for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:14 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Not bad at all, finally we make a trade where we dont give up way too much.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-12-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I generally like it. It gives us a veteran player who is also a known deep threat. This takes some pressure off of relying on rookie WRs. In 2 years when Evans deal is up the younger guys should be perfectly ready to step up.

I really wish this move would have happened earlier so that he could work himself into the offense sooner, but there is probably some reason why it didn't.

Now we just need to get a back up QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a back up QB and a whole new offensive line.

I think the missed tackles will decrease as they get more live experience. Other wise Kruger did better then I expected.

I keyed in on Oher and he gave up 2 sacks (one to COle, one to Tapp) A tackle for a loss(cole) and a illegal procedure penalty all in the 1st half. The guy is a RT he just isnt a LT plain and simple
Old 08-12-2011, 01:58 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
a back up QB and a whole new offensive line.

I think the missed tackles will decrease as they get more live experience. Other wise Kruger did better then I expected.

I keyed in on Oher and he gave up 2 sacks (one to COle, one to Tapp) A tackle for a loss(cole) and a illegal procedure penalty all in the 1st half. The guy is a RT he just isnt a LT plain and simple
Yeah Oher just really struggled. It is just one game against a good defense but he needs to improve or else we might have to target LT in round one next year.

The Lee Evans trade is great. A 4th isn't bad and it fills a huge hole for us.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Should have kept Gaither and kept him at LT no reason to
Screw with that OL it was pretty dam good. But Harbaugh ran him out of town, Harbaugh is such an asshole!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-12-2011, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oher must protect the Blindside. BTW Lee Evans was a great signing. I actually expect Doss to the slot spot. He's advanced with his hands route running and toughness. Torrey is far too rough and raw to make a real impact if we are being real. His route running and hands are not at a level to play for a cotender yet. Expect him to play in a Stallworth capacity especially on reverses.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I wouldnt count out Reed at the slot but I agree it will probably be Doss. I know Harbs is high on David Reeed he said he will be a star last season. He really impressed me w/ KRs last year.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Should we cut a good pure special teamer like Marcus Smith for a guy like LaQuan Williams who could play special teams but has more recieving potential
Old 08-13-2011, 09:36 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I think we should cut Marcus Smith. You can always find another gunner. Smith really looked terrible playing wide out, struggled to run routes and didn't get separation. Even when a pass came his way, he dropped it. It's time to move on from that experiment.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I think the WR corps will be something like this. Boldin,Evans,Smith,Doss,Reed. I think the last spot will be between WIlliams and Smith because they both can play gunner.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Justin Harper could sneak in there.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:23 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Justin Harper could sneak in there.
I don't think that's likely. Everything we've heard about him in camp this year is that he looks the same as always - his hands are a big problem. I think Hardy or Williams takes the 6th spot but if Hardy can't get on the field then Williams will probably make the team.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

I think Williams will get on the practice squad. With Doss, Torrey Smith, and Reed, there are three young wideouts with potential but hardly any experience. I don't think the coaches would want to put another rookie at WR on the roster. I think they'd save it for another position that is veteran heavy.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:36 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd agree with you if we had any veterans that could make a good case for another spot. If we keep Marcus Smith then it's purely for special teams, and in that area he has veteran, but if we want to keep somebody that has actual receiving skills then we're going to be forced to keep somebody with little experience.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:42 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree. I just don't think either ends up on the roster. I think Marcus Smith gets cut and Williams goes to the practice squad. We have three guys with receiving skills with no/little experience so we don't need more and Marcus Smith can be replaced as a gunner and has no value as a receiver. I'd rather keep Cary Williams and Chykie Brown than a 6th receiver.