Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-17-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rice, Nicks and Rivers for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had someone back out looking for one team.

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

League ID# 307567

League Name: DCD

Password: draftcountdown

Draft time
Sat Sep 3 6:00pm CDT.
Old 08-18-2011, 10:32 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm picking 6th in a 16 team league. Here are my top 6 as of right now.

Peterson
J Charles
A Foster
R Rice
CJ2K
L McCoy

I really can't figure out who to put at the 6th. McFadden? McCoy? Turner? After the top 5 should I be looking at a #1 WR or even one of the top QBs?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:45 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just finished a draft where I got CJ and AD. Just traded CJ for Arian Foster (he's a Titan's fan)

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:50 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if anyone is looking for a pay + keeper league and haven't seen it yet, http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48389

also, @killxswitch, i'd rank them
adrian peterson
chris johnson
arian foster
lesean mccoy
ray rice
jamaal charles

mcfadden and turner are too risky of bets when you're guaranteed one of the above

Last edited by sbh15 : 08-18-2011 at 10:52 AM.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:56 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Need some advice...In my money league, my keepers are Matt Stafford, Ray Rice, Mike Turner and Desean Jackson. Ive got the third overall pick in the redraft, do I take Josh Freeman or Sam Bradford?
I like Freeman over Bradford. Why QB, though? Starting 2; no faith in Stafford; something else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I need to keep 3 out of the following 4 players. Who would you guys go with? Ray Rice, Rashard Mendenhall, Hakeem Nicks, Philip Rivers
Tough one. Format makes all the difference for this one - scoring, starting lineup, # of teams, other potential keepers? I'd always lean toward keeping the RBs & WRs since there will always be 10-12 reliable QBs to start.

Quote:

Peterson
J Charles
A Foster
R Rice
CJ2K
L McCoy

I really can't figure out who to put at the 6th. McFadden? McCoy? Turner? After the top 5 should I be looking at a #1 WR or even one of the top QBs?
16 team redraft, I'd be sticking with the RBs early in round 1.
AP / Foster / CJ* / Rice / McCoy / Charles then Mendy & Turner in the order you like best.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Peterson
J Charles
A Foster
R Rice
CJ2K
L McCoy

That's about the time to look at WRs IMO, 7th. McCoy def. in there IF it is a PPR league (scoring helps!)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
That's about the time to look at WRs IMO, 7th. McCoy def. in there IF it is a PPR league (scoring helps!)
It is PPR and passing TDs are worth 6. Given that I won't pick again in that draft for another 21 picks I wonder if I should get a QB like Vick or Rogers or even (barf) Brady that can carry my team week-to-week.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-18-2011, 12:29 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is PPR and passing TDs are worth 6. Given that I won't pick again in that draft for another 21 picks I wonder if I should get a QB like Vick or Rogers or even (barf) Brady that can carry my team week-to-week.
Never take a rd. 1 QB in ppr formats, even with 6pt TDs.

In PPR, I'm with Bond. Pick 7 is WR time. DMC just isn't reliable enough & Mendy/Turner both take a significant hit in PPR.

Old 08-18-2011, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, no, no. QB is very deep this year. Keep your list.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:49 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

I am picking 6th, not 7th, sorry if that wasn't clear.

So you guys think that with a top 6 of AP/JCharles/Foster/CJ2K/Rice/McCoy I should get a guy worthy of the #6 overall pick? I am a little leary of Rice and McCoy, will their receptions stay high?

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
I am picking 6th, not 7th, sorry if that wasn't clear.

So you guys think that with a top 6 of AP/JCharles/Foster/CJ2K/Rice/McCoy I should get a guy worthy of the #6 overall pick? I am a little leary of Rice and McCoy, will their receptions stay high?
It was clear.

Rice is a ppr machine. The only thing stopping him would be injury.

McCoy is too good to pass up for a WR, especially given the potential scoring threat the Eagles offense will be on every possession.

PPR with 16 teams - there's no way I'd put anyone above those 6 RBs.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a reason people are loving LeSean McCoy this year?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Is there a reason people are loving LeSean McCoy this year?
He is in the perfect situation to have a break out year.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:56 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

He should have another 1500 yard (combined) / 60+ reception / 10 TD year.

He has improved each year and looks like an elite back to me. I'd be more than happy to sit at 6 /7 / 8 and watch others let him fall to me, while having a good shot at an elite WR in the second.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got offered this trade. I get Danny Amendola and they get Marshawn Lynch. It's a PPR league. My other WRs are Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, James Jones. My RBs are AP, Bradshaw, Hightower, Delone Carter. Should I do it? I'm leaning towards no because I'm not sure where Amendola is going to fit in the offense with the WRs St Louis brought in.
Old 08-19-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I just got offered this trade. I get Danny Amendola and they get Marshawn Lynch. It's a PPR league. My other WRs are Greg Jennings, Sidney Rice, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, James Jones. My RBs are AP, Bradshaw, Hightower, Delone Carter. Should I do it? I'm leaning towards no because I'm not sure where Amendola is going to fit in the offense with the WRs St Louis brought in.
Amendola was a PPR fiend last year but like you said I'm not sure he will get the same looks this year. However I'd say you are better set up at RB than you are at WR so that is something to keep in mind.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2011, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'd lean towards no. For a few reasons. 1. Lynch is going to be the #1 back and will see at least 60-70% of the Snaps. With Mike Sims-Walker going to St. Louis Amendola will lose catches plus Bradford has a real TE now as well so I expect Danny Amendola to get dwindling returns the upcoming season. Besides Your WRs are good better than your RBs. Mike Thomas is going to see more looks on the Jags Greg Little is going to do well in Cleveland lets not forget Greg Jennings who is studly.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 08-19-2011, 12:50 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'd lean towards no. For a few reasons. 1. Lynch is going to be the #1 back and will see at least 60-70% of the Snaps. With Mike Sims-Walker going to St. Louis Amendola will lose catches plus Bradford has a real TE now as well so I expect Danny Amendola to get dwindling returns the upcoming season. Besides Your WRs are good better than your RBs. Mike Thomas is going to see more looks on the Jags Greg Little is going to do well in Cleveland lets not forget Greg Jennings who is studly.
AP and Bradshaw are 2 #1 RBs. Jennings is the only #1 WR on his roster. I agree he should probably keep Beast but I don't agree that his WRs are that strong.

i done stole dis sig
Old 08-19-2011, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I like Freeman over Bradford. Why QB, though? Starting 2; no faith in Stafford; something else?
Stafford isn't exactly reliable. I think it's a damn good idea to have Freeman or Bradford on the bench just in case.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Stafford isn't exactly reliable. I think it's a damn good idea to have Freeman or Bradford on the bench just in case.
Understandable, but I feel like the 3rd overall pick is not the place to select Freeman b/c of Stafford's health concerns. Stafford / Freeman are pretty close in ADP as the final starters coming off the board (QB10 - QB14, depending on the site you cite) and we're discussing using the 3rd overall pick on him. Madness. Even in a 14 team league (not sure how many in APS's league) with 4 keepers per team (presumably) that means there are at least 10 QBs being held, therefore less demand for the last few. There's just no way I can fathom Freeman being the best pick available.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Understandable, but I feel like the 3rd overall pick is not the place to select Freeman b/c of Stafford's health concerns. Stafford / Freeman are pretty close in ADP as the final starters coming off the board (QB10 - QB14, depending on the site you cite) and we're discussing using the 3rd overall pick on him. Madness. Even in a 14 team league (not sure how many in APS's league) with 4 keepers per team (presumably) that means there are at least 10 QBs being held, therefore less demand for the last few. There's just no way I can fathom Freeman being the best pick available.
Well yeah, I don't know the whole situation, but that is the logical reason I came up with. I probably would not go QB there either.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

I hear ya. I love Freeman this year, and plan to keep him in 2 leagues (assuming P-L is alive and his keeper league plays again this year. P-L, are you out there?)

Just trying to dig a little deeper. That seemed like a strange choice at 1.3 in any format.

Old 08-19-2011, 02:24 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hines do that. Lynch might score 6 TDs. And you won't be starting him for any because you'll be frustrated he'll never get yards so you won't start him. Also, Amendola could end up as your second WR on that squad (Rice, Thomas are question marks, James Jones will be inconsistent and Greg Little isn't going to crack 40 catches - he's the #5 WR there right now).
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
AP and Bradshaw are 2 #1 RBs. Jennings is the only #1 WR on his roster. I agree he should probably keep Beast but I don't agree that his WRs are that strong.
Isn't Mike Thomas going to be the #1 now? I'd imagine Rice will be the #1 WR in Seattle. Of course I guess it depends what you mean by #1 WR neither of those are #1 fantasy WRs .

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: