Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Fantasy

Fantasy Fantasy Sports and Forum Mocks

Old 08-19-2011, 03:32 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Isn't Mike Thomas going to be the #1 now? I'd imagine Rice will be the #1 WR in Seattle. Of course I guess it depends what you mean by #1 WR neither of those are #1 fantasy WRs .
Yeah I meant #1 fantasy WRs. AP obviously is a #1 and I think Bradshaw is to a lesser degree. Of his WRs the only sure-fire #1 is Jennings, the rest are #3's with potential or worse IMO. I'm just not convinced Amendola is better than a #3 w/potential himself.

Really that's the kind of trade I never would've initiated and I would be annoyed if someone offered it because I'd just second-guess myself either way.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:33 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They could both be pretty terrible fantasy WRs. I wouldn't touch Rice at all given his ADP and Thomas has a chance to be OK but there's a better chance he scores like 4 TDs all year. If Gabbert gets the job (likely) at any point, Thomas will be awful.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:42 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Amendola than anybody wearing a Seahawks uniform this year, regardless of format, scoring, lineups or any other factor.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just had my first auction draft last night. Interesting league, we start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, 2 WR's, a flex, a TE, a D/ST, and a K. Ten teams, .5 PPR, everything else is pretty much standard. Let me know what you think of what I pulled together, what I bid to get the player is in parenthesis. It's also not a huge money league so I did take some gambles, but felt I got some good values.

QB: Tom Brady ($36), Tony Romo ($24)
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew ($34), Michael Turner ($33), DeAngelo Williams ($20), Ryan Williams ($3), Rashad Jennings ($1)
WR: Dwayne Bowe ($22), Jeremy Maclin ($8), Anquan Boldin ($7), Marques Colston ($6), Mike Sims-Walker ($1)
TE: Marcedes Lewis ($3)
D/ST: Chicago Bears ($1)
K: Josh Brown ($1)

Obvious concern for a 2-QB league is that I have no backup QB. I was shooting for Bradford and got outbid by a guy who already had 3 decent QB's which I didn't see coming, by the time that was over the rest of the backups were crap and I liked the value at other spots better - I'm trying to pull a trade together to get a QB anyway. Also, Lewis was my last pick, would've gotten him for $1 but I had $3 left, would have bid up somebody else I liked but nobody had any money left the last few guys I took.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 questions for my draft next week. I pick 10th in a keeper league.

1. I can keep Ray Rice for that 10th pick. I thought about going after MoDrew instead but that injury scares me. Should I just stick with Rice and his non-td scoring ways?

2. In the 2nd, I'll be targeting Fitz, Nicks, and VJAX. What order should I have them in? Fitz is the best WR but has the worst QB...

3. I'm keeping Big Ben for an 11th round pick but I can also keep Schaub for a 5th rd pick. I hate how inconsistent Schaub is, especially early in the year. Should i go for a different 2nd qb?
Old 08-19-2011, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you were offered DBowe for Bradshaw, would you guys do it?

Edit: It would weaken my RBs, though. I'm not too worried about my WRs, though. It's PPR and I have a few guys who will make some catches. I would like to improve them, but I don't think it's that much of a high need.

Last edited by Hines : 08-19-2011 at 07:43 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Bowe last year and he would make me angry. He would either have a big game or do hardly nothing at all. If i were u i would keep Bradshaw. Bowe can be very inconsisit. I dropped him last year and pick him back up a couple times.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by Pat Sims 90 : 08-19-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:41 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should I start Mike Wallace or LG Blount as my flex week 1?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:39 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking of trading away Sjaxx in a keeper league for draft picks. My RB's are loaded... But I hate trading away a feature back. But at the same time, the guy is coming off a 3.8 YPC season and has been the bell cow for 6 years now, and I'm thinking maybe I should get rid of him while he has value...

Thoughts? Opinions? I'm guessing I could get a... Santonio Holmes + Felix Jones type return on my investment.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:41 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
If you were offered DBowe for Bradshaw, would you guys do it?

Edit: It would weaken my RBs, though. I'm not too worried about my WRs, though. It's PPR and I have a few guys who will make some catches. I would like to improve them, but I don't think it's that much of a high need.
Keep Bradshaw. Bowe is not going to have that same catch:TD ratio. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was more around 8 TD's this year.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:43 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
Keep Bradshaw. Bowe is not going to have that same catch:TD ratio. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he was more around 8 TD's this year.
What if I traded Bradshaw and my first round pick next year for Roddy White?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
What if I traded Bradshaw and my first round pick next year for Roddy White?
That's a little harder decision. It depends on who will be available next year at WR, because I would rather have Bradshaw + Hakeem Nicks or Mike Wallace next year than just Roddy White. I think Roddy will have a big year again this year, but next year might start to dip a little (Jones in his second year, Roddy will be 31, etc).

It also depends on your current RB's, whether you want to sacrifice a bit of your team next year for a better shot this year, etc.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHungryWalrus View Post
That's a little harder decision. It depends on who will be available next year at WR, because I would rather have Bradshaw + Hakeem Nicks or Mike Wallace next year than just Roddy White. I think Roddy will have a big year again this year, but next year might start to dip a little (Jones in his second year, Roddy will be 31, etc).

It also depends on your current RB's, whether you want to sacrifice a bit of your team next year for a better shot this year, etc.
My RBs currently are: AP, Bradshaw, Hightower, Lynch, Delone Carter. My WRs are: Jennings, Sid Rice, Mike Thomas, Greg Little, James Jones.

It's PPR, so I think I could be OK with Rice and Thomas, but I do want to improve my WRs. I could trade Rice and let's say Rob Gronk(I have Dallas Clark as my starter) for a RB if needed or let Hightower and Lynch play and go with the hot hand at that position.

Edit: Also, in my league, we have a college keeper where he's on our team next season. My keeper is Alston Jeffery.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im really thin at RB, but pretty deep at WR ... im looking to trade a WR or two for a RB2/3. Any advice?

My WR's are;

- Roddy White
- Mike Wallace
- Santonio Holmes
- Percy Harvin
- Robert Meacham
- Mike Sims-Walker
- Jacoby Ford
Old 08-20-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel like holmes will fetch you the best player (outside of white) and since i think he'll be the most inconsistent of white/wallace/harvin (all #1 wr's on their teams). i would avoid trading roddy white since he's the only #1 fantasy wr you have
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The dude wouldn't do Roddy for Bradshaw and my first pick, but what about Fitz for my first next year and Bradshaw?
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

8 team, $50, non-ppr draft tonight, made this tier chart opinions?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blount, Best or Ingram?

I have Freeman as my QB. The league is a dynasty, but you can only keep 1 RB. My current RB is MJD. Scoring is fairly standard.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Blount, Best or Ingram?

I have Freeman as my QB. The league is a dynasty, but you can only keep 1 RB. My current RB is MJD. Scoring is fairly standard.
Depends on if you need a home run or not. If you need a home run you keep best highest ceiling of the bunch. We don't know what ingram's situation is but yeah.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:32 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Blount, Best or Ingram?

I would keep Ingram. Has been looking good in preseason and is running with 1st team quiet a bit.

Best has trouble staying healthy

I don't like QB RB combos. If team sucks that week on offense ur basically screwed.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I wouldnt be keeping, I'd be drafting with the #1 pick. I'm leaning towards Ingram, but I'm not sure why...

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:20 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QB Michael Vick
RB Jamal Charles
RB Mark Ingram
WR Hakeem Nicks
WR Greg Jennings
WR Reggie Wayne
TE Owen Daniels
FLEX Jahvid Best
D/ST Patriots
K
-
QB Peyton Manning
RB Jonathan Stewart
WR Mario Manningham
WR Jeremy Maclin
TE Jimmy Graham
RB C.J. Spiller
RB Mike Tolbert

8 Team non PPR how did I do?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 10:57 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Fenikz, that's actually dirty. Your only potential issue is Ingram/Best, but either Maclin or Manningham will easily be able to fetch you a solid running back near the trade deadline if one doesn't pan out.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:04 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

Quote:
The dude wouldn't do Roddy for Bradshaw and my first pick, but what about Fitz for my first next year and Bradshaw?
... That I would definitely do.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fenikz, you should start best at rb and use maclin or manningham at the flex spot, imo. at least until you know how involved ingram is going to be. your qb's and starting wr's are nasty, i love graham at te.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote