Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-19-2011, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our line is ******* garbage!

**** them!

Double dip for an ******* RT and interior OL. Please tell Faine to get the **** out.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM
bullg8rdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 12:47 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
Our line is ******* garbage!

**** them!

Double dip for an ******* RT and interior OL. Please tell Faine to get the **** out.
Will you relax there big guy. It's preseason. Pat's brought the heat for an exhibition game. We'll be fine week 1.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:22 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bullg8rdaddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's preseason and they looked like hammered dog ****. We shall see. If Freesus can stay 100% this year with this abortion of of a front.

It's not like there are any new starters. It's not like QB's don't get hurt in preseason games. It's not like we don't have 3 very wealthy ************* on our line playing like ****.

"I don't do Pro Days, we send our scouts to those. I would rather spend my time watching film. The eye in the sky never lies. Functional Strength and athletic ability are the first things we look for in a college prospect." - Mark Dominik, Buccaneers GM

Last edited by bullg8rdaddy : 08-19-2011 at 03:25 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:01 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it's one game in the pre season. I wouldn't be worried.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:48 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
It's preseason and they looked like hammered dog ****. We shall see. If Freesus can stay 100% this year with this abortion of of a front.

It's not like there are any new starters. It's not like QB's don't get hurt in preseason games. It's not like we don't have 3 very wealthy ************* on our line playing like ****.
You need to realize the Patriots played this game like a regular season game there sir. They brought 7 man blitzes and everything. I think the Bucs were just trying to come out healthy.

The Pats have a defense they've been building for years, something we are trying to do now. All that talent's finally coming together and we're just building our defense.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:59 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Bro, IDGAF what you say, they looked like dog ****. And could have gotten Freesus hurt. Someone has to make the correct line call or do their damn job and keep our guy upright. Penn really disappointed. He couldn't handle a washed up Andre Carter. Did you see where that dumb **** was trying to pass pro when he was completely turned around? Really!? ******* **** sucks.

Not trying to insult you, bro. So don't take it personal.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:20 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, i know it was just preseason, but they did look like horse ****. So when the regular season comes, and a team does a 7 man blitz we know what to expect.

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I still think we need a better 3rd down back. I like Lumpkin and think he's filled in nicely, but Graham isn't the option and I think Dominik and Morris really messed up with that one.

It's better this happened now, because its only week 2 of preseason.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:46 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda miss Caddy, but even he wouldn't have made a diffrence last night. How good is Tashard Choices' pass pro?

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-19-2011, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Graham/Lumpkin will be fine. We were just so vanilla last night, compare our formations to the Pats. Their DL did dominate though and I expect the same to happen vs the Saints new DL.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I trust Graham in pass protection just as much as I trusted Caddy so I'm not worried about that. Hopefully Blount can develop some skill in that area though, otherwise our offense will be a lot more predictable.

Old 08-21-2011, 02:14 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

I just thought of this but didn't we just hire a new OL coach at the beginning of the summer?

Maybe this is a product of a new system being implemented on short time.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-21-2011, 02:38 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think this is the product of a new system.. this is a product of Larsen, Faine, Penn, and Jospeh getting their asses kicked on a continual basis. Larsen and Faine were God-awful! And the funny thing is, is that when our 2nd team OLine came in, the two major bright spots were Carter and Zuttah. Carter was the only guy that could contain Gerard Warren and Zuttah wasn't a turnstyle like Faine.

Zuttah's snaps look to have more velocity, he was more stout, didn't allow middle penetration, and routinely reached the second level on runs. On top of that, he was playing angry and causing a ruckus with the Pat defenders... which I like. He's not some sweet nice guy that's going to get his teeth kicked in, his QB hurt, and then turn to the defenders and help them up and say, "good job".

Carter on the other hand should be starting. Watching him stonewall Warren after he absolutely destroyed Larsen play-after-play was like a relevation. I've seen Martin Grammatica attempt to make tackles and look less silly than Larsen did lunging and totally missing Warren, or setting up and watching (?! His eyes may have been closed) Warren swim by him. Carter is stout and has good enough feet, plus he finishes blocks. On top of that, like Zuttah, he was being a bit overaggressive and the ref asked him to leave the game for being "too physical" (supposedly). Whatever it was, I like it. Our OLine needs to be meaner and more physical, not an injury-prone vet who tried to undermine the team's efforts to get together and work in the offseason (Faine) or a converted DT and OC whose best position is likely OC in the pros, that plays timidly, overextends, and gets pushed around (Larsen).

We saw the comparison against the Pats 1st string defense, now a change needs to be made.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

Agree about Larsen and Carter. Larsen always struck me as a better "story" or "symbol" of what we want to do as an organization than he is an offensive lineman. He's technically pretty sound but he's just not that physically gifted.

Been banging the drum for Carter since he was at Texas Tech and he shut down Kong Suh. I'll spare you the whole spiel since some here have heard it ten times...but he's what Jeremy Trueblood pretends to be. A big, nasty, physical lineman with a short fuse who isn't intimated.

Mike Will & V-Jax
Old 08-21-2011, 04:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Carter is a perferct fit in our o-line scheme. He's going to be a beast when he gets in. Physical and nasty , you nailed it righto n the head VIP.
Old 08-21-2011, 06:14 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Predicting the final roster/depth Chart:

OFFENSE:
qb: *Freeman/Johnson/Carpenter
RB: *Blount/Lumpkin/Graham/Bradford
FB: *Lorig/Graham
WR1: *Williams/Stroughter/Parker
WR2: *Benn/Briscoe
3rd WR: Briscoe
TE: *Winslow/Stocker/Hardy
LT: *Penn/Corey Brandon
LG: *Larsen/Carter
C: *Zuttah/Faine
RG: *Joseph/Hardman
RT: *Trueblood/Lee

DEFENSE:
LE: *Bowers/Moore
UT: *McCoy/Woods
NT: *Miller/Price/Okam
RE: *Clayborn/Crowder
WLB: *Watson/Hayes
MLB: *Foster/McKenzie
SLB: *Black(MIKE)/Heywerd
CB: *Talib/Lewis/Gaitor
FS: *Grimm/Black
SS: *Assante/Jones
CB: *Barber/Biggers

K: Barth
P: Koenen
LS: Yount

Once T-Jack comes back, Grimm slides over to SS and Jackson is our playmaker again. He's going to prove something.
Old 08-21-2011, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Spurlock, Bennett, Magee over Parker, Moore

You also have some starters off (I know its what you'd like to see) and Okam/Woods should be switched position-wise
Old 08-21-2011, 08:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Okam is not an UT. He's a NT in our defense.

Spurlock isn't a WR. He drops to many easy passes. Parker and Stroughter have shown the ability to return kicks and punts. Heck we really don't need a KR due to the knew kick off rules. Going to start on the 20 anyways haha.

Moore has outperformed Bennett easily this TC. 2 sacks so far in pre-season and has been very goodi n TC. Haven't heard anything about Bennett at all.

Honestly, I don't know what Rah sees in Sean Jones. He's average at best, but Grimm and Assante have more talent and have made a better impact. Assante can flat out make plays and lay the wood. Grimm is very good in the box as well and T-Jack is a baller who is going to be back in September and he'll give the spark our defense reads.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Okam is big but he's a penetrator. He's been playing more UT except for last week since we had both Miller and Price out. Woods is def a NT.

Spurlock has done much more at WR for this team than Parker (both last season and this preseason).

Bennett is the starting LDE. Moore has been playing 3rd stringers.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:02 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Okam has been lining up at UT though.

Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okam played almost the entire KC game at UT. Raheem even talked about it in the interview the next day.

There's no way that Bennett doesn't make the team...Moore did very little against NE, Bennett has looked good and is playing with the 1st string and showing he belongs.

Cory Brandon won't be making the team over Dotson, I'm not sure Lee will be on the team either.

I have to agree about Asante. He should be given time with the 1s to see what he can do.

I also think there's a solid chance that Derrell Smith makes the team over Tyrone McKenzie.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-I-P View Post
Agree about Larsen and Carter. Larsen always struck me as a better "story" or "symbol" of what we want to do as an organization than he is an offensive lineman. He's technically pretty sound but he's just not that physically gifted.

Been banging the drum for Carter since he was at Texas Tech and he shut down Kong Suh. I'll spare you the whole spiel since some here have heard it ten times...but he's what Jeremy Trueblood pretends to be. A big, nasty, physical lineman with a short fuse who isn't intimated.
Yeah, I too was on the Carter bandwagon and posted him as one of my most coveted UDFAs from last season. I don't see any good reason why he shouldn't be given a shot at a starting gig.

Larsen has some ability... he was a former DT so you know he's a decent athlete... I think his best position might be the Zuttah position... as Zuttah claims the starting OC.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:34 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I haven't been impressed with Parker as a returner, he's a horrible gunner, and the plays he made at WR were the result of the scheme getting him open and him catching a routine ball with nobody around him that anybody could catch. As a WR Spurlock has definitely proven himself to be superior... as a returner as well.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I agree, I think Spurlock is superior to Parker in both receiving and returning. Unless Parker shows me something extra special in the next game or two, he will be on the roster bubble.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:30 AM    (permalink
bullg8rdaddy
NFLDC ROY 2010
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Yeah, I too was on the Carter bandwagon and posted him as one of my most coveted UDFAs from last season. I don't see any good reason why he shouldn't be given a shot at a starting gig.

Larsen has some ability... he was a former DT so you know he's a decent athlete... I think his best position might be the Zuttah position... as Zuttah claims the starting OC.
I was the third guy on the Brandon Carter wagon!!! lol