Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 08-22-2011, 06:36 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullg8rdaddy View Post
I was the third guy on the Brandon Carter wagon!!! lol
Yeah, I saw that when I was looking back for the list of UDFA's I put out last season (I never found it) but I did find where you announced the signing of Carter and was stoked, I echoed the same sentiment, and that at various times you mentioned that you "would rather have Brandon Carter than..."

I just hope the guy gets a fair shake. If the more physical, more powerful guys will be better under Pat Morris, one might automatically jump to the conclusion that Carter would be a likely starter at LG.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone think we should take a look at Clinton Portis as a back up?

I think he would be a solid fit and can produce in a limited role.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 12:55 PM    (permalink
V.I.P
Pro Bowler

V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.V.I.P is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

He's still in the NFL?

Mike Will & V-Jax
V.I.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.I.P View Post
He's still in the NFL?
Yeah, free agent. Just turned 30 years old, a time where he could be a capable backup.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:53 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post

I think he's a complete moron that never figured out his NFL mortality. Most RBs with as much wear and tear start to become more humble, take paycuts, don't make lead back demands, etc. He was a worldclass assclown until the end in Washington.

He can catch the ball, he can block okay, he's still got some run skill... but like other RBs with little tread left on the tires, he absolutely can't stay healthy. And you can't help your team when you aren't on the field... that and the fact that he has been a mini-cancer where ever he's gone, it's not worth it for a speed back that doesn't have much speed left.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 11:00 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Projected Lineups:

OFFENSE:
qb: *Freeman/Johnson/Carpenter
RB: *Blount/Lumpkin/Graham/Bradford
FB: *Lorig/Graham
WR1: *Williams/Stroughter/Parker
WR2: *Benn/Briscoe
3rd WR: Briscoe
TE: *Winslow/Stocker/Hardy
LT: *Penn/Corey Brandon
LG: *Carter/Larsen
C: *Zuttah/Faine
RG: *Joseph/Hardman
RT: *Trueblood/Lee

DEFENSE:
LE: *Bennett/Bowers
UT: *McCoy/Price/Woods
NT: *Okam/Miller/
RE: *Clayborn/Crowder
WLB: *Watson/Hayes
MLB: *Foster/McKenzie
SLB: *Black(MIKE)/Heywerd
CB: *Talib/Lewis/Gaitor
FS: *Grimm/Black
SS: *Assante/Jones
CB: *Barber/Biggers

When T-Jack returns:

FS: Jackson/Black
SS: Assante/Grimm (Maybe Jones sticks, who knows.

K: Barth
P: Koenen
LS: Yount
Old 08-29-2011, 02:00 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you would have us keep a 3rd QB that we absolutely do not need and cut Spurlock who's our best return man and emergency QB in favor of Preston Parker (who does absolutely nothing)?

Brandon Carter is our starting LG! Oh wait...he's been cut already! You guys patted yourselves on the back on that one a bit too early. Guess I was right all along...

Where's Dotson? He's been looking great.

Moore and Johnson have been playing well so far. Moore should make the 53 and Johnson should be on the PS. I also like Holland, DJ Johnson and D. Smith for the PS. All 3 look like they can play in this league.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
So you would have us keep a 3rd QB that we absolutely do not need and cut Spurlock who's our best return man and emergency QB in favor of Preston Parker (who does absolutely nothing)?

Brandon Carter is our starting LG! Oh wait...he's been cut already! You guys patted yourselves on the back on that one a bit too early. Guess I was right all along...

Where's Dotson? He's been looking great.

Moore and Johnson have been playing well so far. Moore should make the 53 and Johnson should be on the PS. I also like Holland, DJ Johnson and D. Smith for the PS. All 3 look like they can play in this league.
I'm starting to question some of our decision making right now. Larsen has been AWFUL!!!! Carter, when in the New England game, clearly outperformed him when he went in with the 1's. Sorry, but this is BS.
Old 08-29-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

And no, Dotson has not been looking great. Lee and Dotson have been terrible and wouldn't cut it on 90% of any other team the way they've performed.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's hilarious that he has been cut.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So McKenzie is cut. So many people on this board were high on him a few months ago...

Old 09-02-2011, 08:10 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
So McKenzie is cut. So many people on this board were high on him a few months ago...
He showed leadership iniative in the offseason, but the skill wasn't there. He was being outperformed by the udfa from cuse.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

I'd still be surprised if Smith made it. I think we go Watson, Lawrence and Hayward as the backups.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

We need us some Tanard.

Old 09-25-2011, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Crimson79
Rookie

Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crimson79 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How has Gerald McCoy looked so far this year?
Crimson79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson79 View Post
How has Gerald McCoy looked so far this year?
If you watched today, McCoy, Price, and Clayborn were a wrecking crew. I mean, honestly, they were in the backfield consistantly and at times unblockable. I mean, Price and Clayborn had sacks where Price was being held and still got to Ryan and Clayborn and McCoy were about to smother Ryan and McCoy was tackled and drew a holding penalty, however Clayborn smacked Ryan in the mouth and caused a fumble.

This line is maturing and when they do, wow it could be scary. McCoy hasn't gotten on the stat sheet, but he was absolutely disruptive today and in the second half at Minny last week.
Old 09-26-2011, 01:46 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Great Win for the Bucs! that's a first for the Freeman/Morris era. Luke Stocker had a couple nice grabs for the #2TE. DLine is starting to get after the QB. And Mason Foster is already doing better than Barret Ruud.

Now we have the Colts on MNF which will be nice to watch on Primetime and the 49ers after that. We should be 4-1 after those 2 games. Sucks that the TEXANS couldn't help us against the Saints.
Old 10-16-2011, 10:13 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SpinaMan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bucs C Jeff Faine insists he didn't tear his biceps in Sunday's win over the Saints, and that it's only a strain.

Which is good news! And we are #1 in the division. Hopefully we can get
The bears in London
Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 PM    (permalink
SpinaMan
Rookie

Geez we look like crap in this game! McCoy always getting hurt
Old 11-06-2011, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ill give some of my thoughts:

- McCoy is out for the season again which makes him an injury bust. Yeah he can always come back strong next year but he's had 4 different injuries in 1.5 seasons. Terrible.

- Mike Williams was great to watch last year but he sucks now and Freeman still forces him the ball. You can see the acceleration that Benn has when he gets the ball in his hands, yet we dont go to him and just run reverses for -4 yds each week. Benn is never on the field for multiple WR sets. Unless they have him on a snap count due to his ACL, this coaching staff is r3tarded. Benn should be the #1 WR (i know etk agrees).

- Play calling is atrocious in critical situations. 4th and 1 early in the game and instead of kicking the fg or running the option with JJ, we run Blount into a stacked box which has never worked for us in 5 years. Late in the game, 3rd and 6, we run the option with JJ for a yard, instead of letting Freeman go for a td.

- Bottom line: players are talented but inexperienced and the coaches are 4ucking terrible. Olson needs to get the hell out of here because he calls the same game every week. Raheem gets next year but a DC would be nice.
Old 11-06-2011, 07:00 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That 4th and 6 call was the worst I've seen by far this year. Also is it me or does Freeman just look lost out there this year? I know he was having problems with the Tampa 2 and zones he was seeing, but he was getting blitzed today and still looked lost.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
That 4th and 6 call was the worst I've seen by far this year. Also is it me or does Freeman just look lost out there this year? I know he was having problems with the Tampa 2 and zones he was seeing, but he was getting blitzed today and still looked lost.
I dont know what you were seeing, but he handled the blitz pretty well today. He was under pressure all day it looked like and didn't make mistakes, heck didn't have a terrible throw at risk for an INT at all.

The offensive line was freaking terrible. Penalites that hindered 3rd down conversions. Blount's stupid penalty killed a drive. Offensive pass interference on Winslow stopped another.

Lumpkin's inability as a reciever out of the backfield. Come on man. Freeman led him perfectly to walk right into the endzone, yet he stopped running his route.

It's execution on everything. The offense is extremely predictable. Benn, Parker, and Briscoe are our 3 best WRs, yet Olsen doesn't realize it and still tries to get Mike Williams involved. I think he's had atleast one drop in every game so far. Terrible.

The point in the game where I pretty much saw it was laughable and where Greg Olsen is completely lost is when Saints CB Patrick Robinson went down and was out a good portion of the 2nd half. What was funny was the Saints were then down to only 2 CBs active. So, normally, a smart offensive coordinator would realize this and go 3 and 4 WR sets. Yet, this dumb idiot is running run heavy packages with 2 TEs and 1 WR or 2 WR sets. John Lynch even pointed it out and wondered why they didn't spread them out.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3 losses over the last 4 games has me numb. its always the same issues and problems each game. slow starts, penalties, Benn not involved, defense cant stop power running or rb running a wheel, every 3rd down being a crossing pattern to parker or winslow that doesnt convert, etc...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Likey Rookies View Post
3 losses over the last 4 games has me numb. its always the same issues and problems each game. slow starts, penalties, Benn not involved, defense cant stop power running or rb running a wheel, every 3rd down being a crossing pattern to parker or winslow that doesnt convert, etc...
We did convert some big 3rd downs, but stupid penalties called them back. (Not a surprise).

I don;'t know why we don't have our 3 best WRs on the field. Mike Williams is our 4th best WR right now. I'd start next week with Briscoe/Benn and parker in the slot. Make Williams earn his job back because he hasn't. He's dropped atleast one pass in every game this year. He's not even reliable for those jump balls in the redzone that made him special last year. You can tell because Freeman doesn't trust him anymore in the redzone.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:18 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's up with us drafting WR's that have great rookie seasons and then forget how to hold onto the ball?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote